I read through the security note for BBM Protected and wanted to ask a question to be certain of the answer: Can BBM Protected communicate outside of the Enterprise with another BBM Protected user and also get the BBM Protected encryption?

The security note diagrams seem to imply that BBM Protected is only available between users inside the enterprise on the same BES, and if messaging outside the enterprise regular BBM is used (and that is only protected with 3DES with the global key when the user is on a cellular network).

Is this accurate?
    12-03-14 10:39 AM
    I don't have link to the specifications, but it has been said by BlackBerry, that BBM Protect "will" work between different BES servers/domains - to ensure protected communications also between enterprises

If that means that it already work, or "will" require BES12 on all - I don't know... yet ... :-)
    12-03-14 12:43 PM
    I don't have link to the specifications, but it has been said by BlackBerry, that BBM Protect "will" work between different BES servers/domains - to ensure protected communications also between enterprises

If that means that it already work, or "will" require BES12 on all - I don't know... yet ... :-)
    it would be really nice to see that. I'll have to read the BBM Protected security note again but I took away from it that it wouldn't work between BES domains
    PGaici likes this.
    12-03-14 09:34 PM
    Yes it works between different companies / different BES Servers

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 12:12 AM