Ok, so I just had my BES10 host provider activate BBM protected for me. I'm using a Q10 in balance mode via exchangemymail.com as my BES host and exchange mail provider. My question is, the admin flipped on the policy and now in BBM (I only have bbm on the personal side as of now) I can see bbm protected is active (can create protected groups etc.). But the admin advised me that he added BBM to the workspace app store and I should download BBM on the work side as well.

So, the only downside with BBM on the personal side is that I can't attach files that I have stored on the work side. Is it really ok to download BBM on the work side and sign in with the same BBM ID so my contacts are the same or is this going to really mess things up. I didn't know if the latest release of BBM was making this possible or if I will be experimenting as I go.

Any expert thoughts?
    08-13-14 01:31 PM
    I dont have any expert thoughts unfortunately but here's a little bump so hopefully someone with more insight can help
    08-13-14 03:00 PM
    Thanks. I think I found out the answer the hard way. I did what the bes admin said and downloaded BBM on the work side also. After rebooting the phone neither copy of bbm personal or work was working since it seemed like they were both fighting over the same bbmid. I just hung in a trying to restore your settings mode when you opened bbm. The phone is restoring from backup as we speak. It was working fine with bbm protected from the personal space prior to trying this. So, in balance mode it seems you can't have bbm on both spaces with the same bbid. I had 10.2.2 and the latest version of bbm from bbw.
    08-13-14 04:29 PM