I know BlackBerry is focusing on Enterprise, but BBM is, I think, likely more geared to social / consumer.

Keeping that in mind, I wonder if incenting the BBM user base to use and recommend BBM by issuing points for both, and allowing redemption on Sticker packs or newly charged value add features (retract, timed).

People like points, and you could trade your excess points to your friends (enter BBM Money here), so they can get features.

1 Point per bbm, 50 for a recommendation, redemption at 1000 for basic $1 items.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 05:15 PM
    I think this is a great idea perhaps they spend some marketing dollars on this & it will increase the subscriber base much faster.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 04:00 PM
    I know BlackBerry is focusing on Enterprise, but BBM is, I think, likely more geared to social / consumer.

Keeping that in mind, I wonder if incenting the BBM user base to use and recommend BBM by issuing points for both, and allowing redemption on Sticker packs or newly charged value add features (retract, timed).

People like points, and you could trade your excess points to your friends (enter BBM Money here), so they can get features.

1 Point per bbm, 50 for a recommendation, redemption at 1000 for basic $1 items.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    That's a genius idea to be honest! I would definitely use BBM more, just like the person above me said, people love points

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:12 PM
    Yes, by the way Line is using this strategy too & you can buy physical things with line points eg. go to any Chatime outlet and get a tea with your points or buy coffee at Starbucks.

To earn points just keep chatting on Line. I haven't used that coz the app keeps reopening every other message on my BlackBerry Z10. That is really annoying to automatically restart after every other message received or sent.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 11:01 PM
    Award points that can be used to purchase BlackBerry t-shirts, mugs, accessories for a BlackBerry etc

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-13-15 11:04 PM