Okay, when we switch phones, does our pin always switch to that of the new device? Not sure it all works. I'd like to have two different pins for two different devices...is it simply the case that now that I have a new phone my BlackBerry ID is no longer linked to the pin on my old phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 03:18 PM
    The BBID is linked to a single phone at a time. Switching to a new phone and registering your BBID moves that to the new phone.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-23-14 03:21 PM
    You can have as many PINs as you want on any BBID. When it comes to BBM, old PIN is deactivated from the BBID (at least untill you jump into that phone again) as soon as it is activated on the new device.

To get the BBID off the old phone, wipe it. Else it will still be able to get to BBWorld and Protect, etc.

I also remember that there is a limit to how many PIN swaps you can perform over an amount of time, though I don't quite remember the number swaps and how long. I am thinking 10 over an year but I wouldn't trust myself with it. Check the knowledge bases for this one.

The BBID is linked to a single phone at a time. Switching to a new phone and registering your BBID moves that to the new phone.
    Could be so on legacy devices, but on BB10, only BBM works like that, really. Unless, of course, I am not remembering right. There is always the possibility of that... o.o
    10-23-14 03:24 PM
    Thanks folks. That's helpful. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-23-14 03:29 PM