So i used to have a bold 9000 a long time ago. In those days the BBM pin was tied to the device
    Now i have a q10. In the Hardware section i can see my pin. So im handing out his one. Now what happens if i change my smartphone for another BlackBerry ? Will i have to redo the whole contact list. Is it linked to my BlackBerry account in some ways (email address i use for the store)
    What if i decide to move to Android or iOS ?

Thank you
    11-03-13 02:02 PM
    Your contacts are linked to your BlackBerry ID account. If you switch to another device, you would log in to that device using your BlackBerry ID email/password and your contacts/groups/channels will be migrated over and you will now be linked to the PIN on that device.

Now for Cross platform PINs, my guess is that the PIN follows you from iOS to Android.
    11-03-13 02:06 PM
    Thanks for your answer i appreciate
    By any chance is it possible to transfer contacts from one bb account to another ?
    11-03-13 02:29 PM
    Your contacts are linked to your BlackBerry ID account. If you switch to another device, you would log in to that device using your BlackBerry ID email/password and your contacts/groups/channels will be migrated over and you will now be linked to the PIN on that device.

Now for Cross platform PINs, my guess is that the PIN follows you from iOS to Android.
    If I understand correctly from the FAQ on bbm.com, the PIN on Android and iPhone is a unique combination of your BBID and the device. So if you migrated from a Blackberry to an iPhone your PIN would change. And if you migrated again from that iPhone to an Android device your PIN would change yet again.
    11-03-13 02:42 PM
    Thanks I dont know why they still keep that device ID. Probably BES related... mess things up though

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 07:07 AM