Hi, when I try to share a picture or voice note when my contact is offline, it does not go through while a plain text does. Is Bbm pic and voice note sharing only for when both parties are online? If so, it sucks!! I'd rather stop using BBM then!! I have BlackBerry z30... and hope this didn't have to happen. Help???????

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 04:17 PM
    I don't think you fan go offline unless you turn data and wifi off.

Posted via CB10
    maksi likes this.
    02-16-14 04:53 PM
    Title changed, in the hopes you actually want help.

If they're offline, data can't transfer. You should be getting a red x on text sent too. Is there an error you're getting?
    maksi likes this.
    02-16-14 05:03 PM
    Thanks so so much for looking at my thread and replying!! Yes, I did change the title as I need to get this clear. My text DOES go through when contact is offline (indicated by a right tick symbol, which turns to D when contact gets online and R when they have read it - I love this feature so much) - but when I send picture or voice note when they are offline, there comes a blue horizontal line next to the photo for a few minutes followed by 'Picture encountered a transfer error', then 'Picture sent - 0 bytes' message. No problems sending pics and voice notes when contacts are online. This is different from Whatsapp where it does not matter if the contact is offline or online. (Just clarifying - I am, of course, online on Wifi when doing all of the above). It'll be nice if you could clarify...Thanks so much.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:58 PM
    If the contact returns to the grid soon enough, the image will transfer. Not sure what the time frame is. Beyond that, the system will stop attempting, and you'll have to send it again when they're back on. Perhaps this is one reason why whatsapp is notorious for consuming lots of battery.
    02-17-14 06:12 AM