Just saying' - if I were single, BBM would be my go-to when meeting guys (or girls). It's perfect - you don't have to give out your actual number AND you can block the guy (or girl) as soon as he (or she) turns either creepy or jerk-y. It's so perfect, that's how I present it to all my single friends. Does anyone else do that or is it just me? lol

P.S. I may or may not have had a few beers before starting this thread...
    Mecca EL and jason18 like this.
    03-16-14 01:55 AM
    I'm sure people do. I'm not a chat person - I like to keep my BBM work related or very focused personally.

I prefer in person, cuddle and watch great movies type of person. But I haven't been single in a long time and not really up to date with that scene.

BBM is probably a bit safer than online chat... a bit more personal I suppose

Posted via CB from my LE
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    03-16-14 02:01 AM
    I'm sure people do. I'm not a chat person - I like to keep my BBM work related or very focused personally.

I prefer in person, cuddle and watch great movies type of person. But I haven't been single in a long time and not really up to date with that scene.

BBM is probably a bit safer than online chat... a bit more personal I suppose

Posted via CB from my LE
    I'm not a chat person, either. I don't like just randomly accepting contacts and having conversations - I only like talking to people I actually know (the exception is groups focused on a specific topic). However, I think this app is perfect if you're single because it's a million times better than giving out your number to someone you meet in a bar. Just give out your pin - if they're not willing to download BBM (if they don't already have it), then they're not worth your time, anyways. On top of that, you don't actually give them your number so if you regret talking to them in the morning, it's no big deal - you can just delete or block them. Additionally, if they get too clingy or do something totally rude and awful, it's easy to block them and they can't just grab someone else's phone to contact you (as they could do if they had your actual number).

Posted via CB10

P.S. Edited to correct your v. you're
    njrPTA9273 likes this.
    03-16-14 02:10 AM
    Just saying' - if I were single, BBM would be my go-to when meeting guys (or girls). It's perfect - you don't have to give out your actual number AND you can block the guy (or girl) as soon as he (or she) turns either creepy or jerk-y. It's so perfect, that's how I present it to all my single friends. Does anyone else do that or is it just me? lol

I think you're right.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    03-16-14 02:18 AM
    I think you're right.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    It's how I talk all my single friends into downloading it. Unfortunately, most of the people they meet when out don't have BBM and they don't think to tell them to download it. They're just used to exchanging numbers and dealing with the consequences.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 02:28 AM
    Most guys realized that in 2007 when it became a prime wheeling tool lol

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 03:07 AM
    Most guys realized that in 2007 when it became a prime wheeling tool lol

Posted via CB10
    The thing is: most guys now don't even know what BBM is - at least in my experience... That's why I have to nudge my single girlfriends and remind them to tell the random guys to download BBM...

Posted via CB10
    wouterVH likes this.
    03-16-14 03:20 AM
    It definitely has potential as an auspicious mackin tool but soon won't unless you're both children and want to send her a BBM Sticker in the playground.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    03-16-14 05:08 AM
    Again with the stickers? Look, yes, you can send stickers, among other things...like a 20MB file, chat while STILL keeping your number anonymous, and if yall are both on wifi and on BlackBerry devs, video chat. Don't forget the ability to send channel links and comment on them...it's an awesome app, and wish people would stop dumping on it for its shortcomings. it only got stickers because it's popular with the younger crowd

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:01 AM
    BBM shouldn't try to be everything to everyone. If they do release it I bet it'll be taken back out in the future.

Just my view and I don't want to derail the thread so I'll now button it

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    03-16-14 10:15 AM
    Lol, don't button your lip, we need the verbal exchange so that we can come to some sort of conclusion/resolution
    03-16-14 10:39 AM
    it's easy to block them and they can't just grab someone else's phone to contact you (as they could do if they had your actual number).
    That's a good point. There are too many annoying creeps these days. If I was a single girl - I'd much rather avoid giving out too much personal information I couldn't control as well.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-16-14 01:03 PM
    ... want to send her a BBM Sticker in the playground.
    I'm just thankful they are still adding features and upgrades to BBM.

I'll take new features I don't use over no new features any day. For a long time BBM updates were very stagnant. I appreciate that they are trying to keep bbm engaging for everyone.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-16-14 01:07 PM

Exactly, it's also good for dating as you can tell when they have read the message. Helped me confirm an ex was cheating because she luckily didn't understand the delivery and read receipts.

I always try to tell people it's a much easier controlled communication tool than alternatives where blocking them still enables them to simply pester you from any other address.

I'm a guy and had the headache of a stalker for awhile who had my email and phone number, would have been so much easier to avoid her if had used bbm instead of having to change phone number and dump old email address. Can just imagine how frightening and frustrating it can be for women who have to deal with aggressive creepers so much more often.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    03-16-14 05:50 PM

Good point! Can you refer me to some of those single female friends.. only if they come within 7 out of 10 of your photo!
    04-06-14 03:10 PM
    ... you can block the guy (or girl) as soon as he (or she) turns either creepy or jerk-y ...
    ... so if you regret talking to them in the morning, it's no big deal - you can just delete or block them. Additionally, if they get too clingy or do something totally rude and awful, it's easy to block them ...
    ... They're just used to exchanging numbers and dealing with the consequences.
    That's a good point. There are too many annoying creeps these days. If I was a single girl - I'd much rather avoid giving out too much personal information I couldn't control as well.
    I agree that BBM is better than other messengers for this and many other reasons, but I am curious ... What are some of these guys doing that might make a girl glad she can block/delete him?
    04-07-14 10:50 AM
    Totally agree. There should be a centralized structured forum. Maybe when they perfect video chat that will happen.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-08-14 02:16 AM
    Honestly I seem to get all the creepy guys. I can't even count how many people I've deleted and blocked at this point. I don't like giving out information unless I get to know someone really well much less talk to them on a regular basis aside from groups. I just can't see it as a good dating tool.
    04-08-14 12:14 PM
    I agree that BBM is better than other messengers for this and many other reasons, but I am curious ... What are some of these guys doing that might make a girl glad she can block/delete him?
    Sometimes guys seem perfectly nice in person but, the second they start messaging you, they turn into perverts. Or they may contact you multiple times a day, even when you tell them you're busy. Or you can figure out you only want to be friends and aren't interested, but they won't stop messaging you after you ask them to. Some guys turn stalker-y and it's really uncomfortable...

Honestly I seem to get all the creepy guys. I can't even count how many people I've deleted and blocked at this point. I don't like giving out information unless I get to know someone really well much less talk to them on a regular basis aside from groups. I just can't see it as a good dating tool.
    I didn't mean that people should use BBM to meet people - just that people should give out their BBM pin, instead of their phone number, after meeting someone while out. It's just a lot safer, imho.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 01:28 PM