I don't know how much pill these thread have with BlackBerry so I don't know if enough important eyes will see this post but I hope someone with some say sees it.

I loved the way legacy BBM saved my chat history. Nicely organized by date and chat on my SD card via the contact's pin.
    I loved the ability to selectively save and delete chats without having it as a global option as it is now.

I have clients in my BBM and I need to save those chats. I don't really need to save the chats with my wife, kids or friends but as a result of the "global save" I have to bear with these super long chat strings.

If there is one thing I want to see return is the old SELECTIVE save and delete when it comes to chat history.

I recall opening up a new chat with a client and seeing the link to "view prior chats". Clicking on that would give me a nicely sorted chat log by date. Now I have to scroll endlessly to find the information from a prior chat that I need. Sometimes these chat strings are so long that this process is highly unproductive.

I addition to this and a new modern productivity feature It would be nice to name the saved chats. So whereas the old way chats were saved by date we could also add a custom line like "discussion re account" or "discussion regarding fee owing" and make it searchable.

Then there is group chat now vs the older better way. If I end the chat, when I open it again I can no longer see the history.(whether I am an administrator or not). This sort of makes the option of saving group chats "forever" is pointless. "Don't end the chat " is a common reply but I don't like leaving open chats in my chats area of BBM. I can't tell you how many people I've accidentally sent a message to because I left 8-9 chats open and I accidentally clicked the contact above or below the one I wanted to message.

As it stands now if I end the group chat and re-open the chat, in the "chats" area of the 4 tiles we a re greeted with, I will see 1 or 2....etc chats (depending on amounts of titled chats). But the actual chat history can't be seen.

This defeats the purpose of saving group chat history. The old way I used to be able to end the chat and when I returned to it I would see the chat strings of the chat I left off when I closed it. I can't tell you how much this bugs me given that I currently am in 5 groups where looking back at the history is important. I've gotten to the point of having to take a screen capture of an important point or piece of information made in the group chat because I know I won't be able to see it on re-opening.

Therefore using the option of keeping the group chat for a week to forever is useless because whether I'm an administrator or not, the chat history is no longer viewable .
    If I end a REGULAR chat and chat history reappears just by opening that BBM contact again. I fail to see how the same coding can't be applied to group chats. It just doesn't make sense.

I know I've rambled but this has been a really nagging sour point with me with BBM since going to BlackBerry 10.

Summarizing;

the "selective" chat save/delete was far superior to the current "global" way that chats are now saved or deleted. I can't think of any reason why the BBM would remove it.

I hate this global save/delete on the latest BBM versions. I remember starting a new chat without seeing a long string load first and then remember our ability to click on previous chats and we had a nicely organized list of saved chats organized by date foe that contact. Now, it all makes no sense and is less productive and flexible.

For a company that strives on providing users with as much customization and options as possible, this global save/delete and this whole non viewable group chat issue bugs me.

Thoughts/comments?

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-26-14 06:48 PM
    Seeing as this site is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry, I'm not sure anyone who is important sees our comments. But maybe some of these changes will come.
    10-26-14 07:03 PM
    Post your ideas on icanmakeitbetter

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    drfever likes this.
    10-26-14 07:20 PM
    Did you ever post this in here already? I can swear I've reasd this in the exact same wording a couple of weeks ago

On another note, completely agree with the described features

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 07:23 PM
    Did you ever post this in here already? I can swear I've reasd this in the exact same wording a couple of weeks ago

On another note, completely agree with the described features

Posted via CB10
    I've posted it on BetaZone and posted it here in a conversation thread yes, not as detailed though.

eldricho likes this.
    10-26-14 07:27 PM
    Post your ideas on icanmakeitbetter

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Never heard of this. Thank you I will.

10-26-14 07:28 PM
    Definitely post this stuff at https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    10-26-14 07:29 PM
    Definitely post this stuff at https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    I just did. Thank you

10-26-14 08:07 PM
    If anyone would like to see the return of these features please visit my post at I can make it better and vote it up thank you.

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....e-saved-chats-

10-26-14 08:14 PM
    I would love to be able to save the chat history on the sd card like we used to. I recently wiped and installed the 10.3.1 and forgot to save some chats. I'm wondering why they have changed that it was fairly simply and straight forward. Now it's so simple that is just useless: one big big chat, after a few months of chatting there is no way to quickly find anything. Useless.
    drfever and AnimalPak200 like this.
    10-26-14 08:21 PM
    I've emailed two support mods on BBM about the OP... they just couldn't care less and casually say "we'll pass on your feedback to the BBM team"

Guess nobody at BBM listens... until maybe hell a lotta users crib and cry for over 9 months (remember default HI quality pic demanded exclusively by BBM for android users?)

Everything has gone to dogs in BBM. Messages take too long & voice quality is pretty pathetic on BBM voice now given that it was awesome when it was launched.
    10-27-14 12:03 PM
    I've emailed two support mods on BBM about the OP... they just couldn't care less and casually say "we'll pass on your feedback to the BBM team"

Guess nobody at BBM listens... until maybe hell a lotta users crib and cry for over 9 months (remember default HI quality pic demanded exclusively by BBM for android users?)

Everything has gone to dogs in BBM. Messages take too long & voice quality is pretty pathetic on BBM voice now given that it was awesome when it was launched.
    I appreciate the support. We've got to work on the getting these featurea back to get the Best BBM experience or I will unfortunately leave the program altogether.

I figure I'll just use SMS to email Pro and print off my conversations and file as I go. Then again my plan has unlimited texts and BBM uses data.

They can push all the stickers they want and all those childish bells and whistles but if they want a serious IM platform then these features must come back.

I have 50 BBM contacts. approx half are clients. Can't believe I can't delete my chat history with my wife without obliterating my clients' chats. Unfathomable for a "productivity" device.

10-27-14 02:05 PM
    I've requested some sort of backup and restore process for a long time now. Whatsapp does it fairly nicely with nightly backups that expire after a few days, and can be easily transferred from device to device.

For now all I can do is email myself each chat. I've set up a filter in Gmail that bypasses the inbox and applies a BBM_History label. At least they're text searchable, but the images are lost.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:21 PM
    I've requested some sort of backup and restore process for a long time now. Whatsapp does it fairly nicely with nightly backups that expire after a few days, and can be easily transferred from device to device.

For now all I can do is email myself each chat. I've set up a filter in Gmail that bypasses the inbox and applies a BBM_History label. At least they're text searchable, but the images are lost.

Posted via CB10
    Rarely are images an issue. It's discussions with clients that may contain time sensitive information or instructions etc.

Can't believe that they took away that feature.

10-27-14 03:22 PM