My BBM on my iPad updated and now it seems that the app is native and not a blown up iPhone app..

Anybody else notice this ??
    04-30-15 07:33 AM
    I'd love it if they'd let you run BBM on more than one device at the same time.

WeChat lets you open it on both iPad and iPhone and I find it very convenient.

I suspect this is an architectural thing though, given the age of BBM.
    jmr1015 and Superdupont 2_0 like this.
    04-30-15 08:18 AM
    The font size needs to be adjustable in this app!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 09:27 PM

This X1,000,000

For a company that prides itself on communications and productivity, it sucks when you sign in on the iPad, it signs out on the iPhone... and then, if you put down the iPad and pick up your iPhone and leave, you have to unlock your phone, open your BBM app, and sign in... Otherwise, you won't recieve any incoming BBM messages. Missing messages isn't helpful. Taking the effort and steps to sign back in depending on which of your devices you will have nearest to you isn't the most productive use of ones time.

Though I do really like the look of the BBM app on the iPad.
    05-04-15 11:47 PM
    This X1,000,000

For a company that prides itself on communications and productivity, it sucks when you sign in on the iPad, it signs out on the iPhone... and then, if you put down the iPad and pick up your iPhone and leave, you have to unlock your phone, open your BBM app, and sign in... Otherwise, you won't recieve any incoming BBM messages. Missing messages isn't helpful. Taking the effort and steps to sign back in depending on which of your devices you will have nearest to you isn't the most productive use of ones time.

Though I do really like the look of the BBM app on the iPad.
    You should probably use Blend instead. No need to do any of that.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 11:58 PM
    You should probably use Blend instead. No need to do any of that.

Posted via CB10
    The bummer with blend is it's BlackBerry -> Other device right now.

In a cross-platform world, people could be BBM customers but not BlackBerry users.
    05-05-15 05:40 AM
    The bummer with blend is it's BlackBerry -> Other device right now.

In a cross-platform world, people could be BBM customers but not BlackBerry users.
    Ah yes, missed that.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 07:04 AM

What I don't understand is that their architecture allows to forward a BBM Video Call to both PlayBook and BB 10 device simultaneously and let me choose which device I use to pick the call.

So, if two different BlackBerry PINs are associated with the same BlackBerry ID then BlackBerry's server normally can deliver to both devices at the same time.
    05-05-15 08:36 AM
    Is this still ongoing? My best friend is an iPhone user and was willing to chat with me via BBM only, then found out about the iPad version and was very happy. But is now dissapointed as she cannot login to her BBM iPhone session anymore. It just stays in the blueish background with bb logo in the middle. Was not aware of this issue so thought she needed an update, but that turned out to bbe wrong, she is updated to the latest release
    Any word from BlackBerry on this?
    Also, would it make sense for her to indeed use blend? Or am I missing a crucial thing here?
    Thnx for any feedback?

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    08-17-15 04:13 AM
    Is this still ongoing? My best friend is an iPhone user and was willing to chat with me via BBM only, then found out about the iPad version and was very happy. But is now dissapointed as she cannot login to her BBM iPhone session anymore. It just stays in the blueish background with bb logo in the middle. Was not aware of this issue so thought she needed an update, but that turned out to bbe wrong, she is updated to the latest release
    Any word from BlackBerry on this?
    Also, would it make sense for her to indeed use blend? Or am I missing a crucial thing here?
    Thnx for any feedback?

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    Unfortunately Blend is only available if you're using a BlackBerry as your primary with BBM, then you can use Blend on the iPad.

There is only Single Point of Presence available for BBM, so she can be signed in actively on one device at a time.
    09-23-15 01:27 PM