I'm still adding new BBM contacts everyday. Looks to me like its still catching on.
    11-06-13 05:29 AM
    what is kik?

CB10 need update!
    Kik is an instant messenger app that is well known to be full of pedophiles.
    Uzi likes this.
    11-06-13 05:41 AM
    Maybe I am an anomaly. I now don't use Facebook Messenger, Text, or WhatsApp. Previously, I had to use these everyday, and now I don't use any, ever.

If I get a text from a potential customer, they download BBM when it's all confirmed.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-06-13 05:41 AM
    I don't share your enthusiasm.
    According to your link, Whatsapp, KIK and Skype are all growing faster than BBM despite the fact that they already have more users. And the growth of BBM seems to slow.

Somehow, they miss the opportunity to make BBM a killer app, IMO.

It seems to me that #BBM4All had the attention of all the market. Press and people was talking about it and was waiting for it.
    Unfortunately, they bring to the market an unfinished app which can't compete with other IMs in terms of functionalities and maybe not even in terms of reliability (moreover, the app seems to have a lot of bugs).

Even if they come later with a better version of BBM for iOS/Android, I'm pretty sure there won't be the same enthusiasm and the same "free advertising".
    This. And sad to see. Because I think they squandered a lot of enthusiasm.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 07:19 AM
    Things take time. There is no other way. But, I can assure BBM is popular. Even in Brazil where BlackBerry never was popular, almost everyone knows BBM. Stop trying put BBM down. Support it. Service will be improved. If you're not happy with it just use other app.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    Tahan Alberto likes this.
    11-06-13 07:37 AM
    I don't share your enthusiasm.
    According to your link, Whatsapp, KIK and Skype are all growing faster than BBM despite the fact that they already have more users. And the growth of BBM seems to slow.

Somehow, they miss the opportunity to make BBM a killer app, IMO.

It seems to me that #BBM4All had the attention of all the market. Press and people was talking about it and was waiting for it.
    Unfortunately, they bring to the market an unfinished app which can't compete with other IMs in terms of functionalities and maybe not even in terms of reliability (moreover, the app seems to have a lot of bugs).

Even if they come later with a better version of BBM for iOS/Android, I'm pretty sure there won't be the same enthusiasm and the same "free advertising".
    I don't follow your comment. You're right when you said that BBM lost opportunity when took too long to go cross platform. But, the opportunity still exists. It not too late for BBM.

Besides, I don't think BBM is an unfinished app right now. It just offers the Basic functions. But, we all know it will be improved. Yes, it has some bugs. Yes, they must be fixed fast. But, still a good app.

WhatsApp is the market leader just because it came cross platform first. But, if you say that its realible you're probably joking.

app_Developer likes this.
    11-06-13 07:44 AM
    This morning, while driving in, on the radio, they had a teenager (grade 9) talk about high-school trends, etc as part of bring your kid to work day. (Her dad was the radio show host). One of the question was what are the top 5 most popular apps. The girl had done prior research across her high school. Top 5 were:
    1.BBM
    2.Vine
    3.Snapchat
    4.Twitter
    5. Instagram

Surprised to see Facebook wasn't on the list. This was a pole done by a teen for a pool of other 1000+ other teens. Can't really get any more straight up information then this.
    They also asked whats the top must have smartphone. Iphone won, android 2nd, BlackBerry 3rd.
    HabsFan9860 likes this.
    11-06-13 07:46 AM
    This morning, while driving in, on the radio, they had a teenager (grade 9) talk about high-school trends, etc as part of bring your kid to work day. (Her dad was the radio show host). One of the question was what are the top 5 most popular apps. The girl had done prior research across her high school. Top 5 were:
    1.BBM
    2.Vine
    3.Snapchat
    4.Twitter
    5. Instagram

Surprised to see Facebook wasn't on the list. This was a pole done by a teen for a pool of other 1000+ other teens. Can't really get any more straight up information then this.
    They also asked whats the top must have smartphone. Iphone won, android 2nd, BlackBerry 3rd.
    What country are you in?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:00 AM
    What country are you in?

Posted via CB10
    I bet the UK.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-06-13 08:15 AM
    India (pop > 1 billion) and Indonesia (pop 230 million) are extremely receptive to bbm. It's still ranked no 1 and 2 respectively for iOS today after 2 weeks according to App Annie daily ranks. Indonesia has always been bbm country. It's not teenagers in those countries.
    11-06-13 08:42 AM
    India (pop > 1 billion) and Indonesia (pop 230 million) are extremely receptive to bbm. It's still ranked no 1 and 2 respectively for iOS today after 2 weeks according to App Annie daily ranks. Indonesia has always been bbm country. It's not teenagers in those countries.
    correct the only one country with bbm money,you can send money via bbm

CB10 need update!
    11-06-13 08:46 AM
    Okay most teenagers don't have short attention spans because KIK has been in use and more popular for a few years already.
    I don't follow the crowd I observe the crowd, Blackberry's attempt to get the "hip" young people of today didn't really get our attention.

Posted via CB10
    The idea was and is #BBM4ALL, not #BBM4hipyoungteensandnobodyelse

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:05 AM
    What country are you in?

Posted via CB10
    Canada

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:11 AM
    I don't follow your comment. You're right when you said that BBM lost opportunity when took too long to go cross platform. But, the opportunity still exists. It not too late for BBM.

Besides, I don't think BBM is an unfinished app right now. It just offers the Basic functions. But, we all know it will be improved. Yes, it has some bugs. Yes, they must be fixed fast. But, still a good app.

WhatsApp is the market leader just because it came cross platform first. But, if you say that its realible you're probably joking.
    I'm pretty sure they can become the #1 in the IM market. But doing extraordinary things when no one look at you won't help.

And I think you will agree with me to say that's why BBRY is where it is today. They bring good products that no one cares about.
    They need to do things when they have people's attention (and to do things to have attention)

For the whatsapp part of your message, I won't respond because I don't use it (I have sent less than 30 messages with it) so I don't know if it's reliable or not but there is reliable solutions out there.
    11-06-13 11:08 AM
    Canada

Posted via CB10
    Vine & Twitter aren't Top 5 apps on the Play Store here (USA). Facebook is #1. Instagram is #4. Facebook Messenger is #6.

Snapchat is #10. Kik & Skype are #11 and 12. Twitter is #13.

WhatsApp is #22.

Vine is #33.

BBM is now #68.

Thoughts:

Vine: Worthless to a lot of people for a number of reasons, notably:

1. It's Tied to Twitter, which clearly doesn't have the user base Facebook has and tend to be cluttered. I've noticed most people I know do not use Twitter and simply have no will to use it. Facebook's user base dwarf's Twitter's, and even Google+ has substantially more Active Users than Twitter has these days, with a lot better sharing mechanisms.

2. 6 Seconds: Normal People aren't Artists or "Creative" Types. They don't have time to spend hours trying to perfect a 6 second video. Instagram is simply a better app for sharing short videos than Vine is for these people, and a lot of this has to do with the 6 second limit, as well as not being able to import from the camera roll.

3. Instagram integrates well with Facebook, where everyone is. Instagram also seems to be much better developed while the Vine app/service can seem neglected at times. This impacts perspective for a lot of people. A lot of people jumped on Vine, and then jumped right off once Video on Instagram was launched...

BBM: Hyped and got a lot of downloads, and then quickly tapered off. None of this was unexpected. The app, and most notably, the services isn't even close to being as good as many people hyped it up to be. Lots of bugs with message delivery, etc. have turned the people I know who tried it off - for good.

Google+/Hangouts: Low Rankings due to their position as Preloads or Updates on most Android devices. This is expected.

Facebook/Facebook Messenger: Both of these suffer in relation to each other due to Messaging being in both apps to an almost equal degree. Some people don't install Facebook but install Messenger. Others (like me) never install Messenger because Facebook for Android has all the messaging functionality they need in that app. It's still a powerhouse in messaging due to its user base.

Skype and WhatsApp still have pretty decent rankings given how large their user bases is, as there is less growth-room when your user base is so huge.

I'm settling on:

Facebook: Main Social Network + Messaging (enough people are on it that it's a decent fallback)
    Google+: Following Brands/Pages - I like to keep that off of Facebook - and Hangouts (Most Android Users have it installed, and it Replaces Skype for Video Calling). Works with Google Talk users. Version 2.0 has SMS integrated so it's useful to avoid switching apps even if you have the Notifications for SMS turned off and normally use the [better] stock SMS/MMS app on your device :-)
    Skype: To Call Cells and Landlines in Low Reception Areas, that's it.

I've gotten all ChatOn users to move to Hangouts thus far, and it was easy because it's basically a pre-loaded app on their phones and comes with the Google Account.

The few people I tried BBM with have moved to back to using FB or Talk/Hangouts and aren't coming back because it isn't worth the reliability and device/battery performance issues it caused them.

Don't need someone else to use Skype to call their phone when my cell signal is very low, but on the desktop it can video chat with Facebook users via the FB web page/plug-in :-)

I've been using Hangouts to chat/video call with more than one person at a time a bit lately. It's a killer feature of that app. The v2.0 update is quite nice (Moods, Device/Form Factor Status Indicator, SMS Integration, etc.).

For everyone else, SMS/MMS works fine, and from my Notebook as well via Kies Air Message (Samsung Phones).
    11-06-13 11:18 AM
    I know of a few people on android who were forced to delete it simply cause their battery was draining like no tomorrow. They love the app but couldn't have their phone dying in 4 hours

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 01:03 PM
    It looks like the momentum has dropped, surprisingly quickly, in my opinion. Sad...

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    11-06-13 01:43 PM
    It looks like the momentum has dropped, surprisingly quickly, in my opinion. Sad...

Posted via CB10
    It had to eventually. The next big swing will be when they release voice and video chat for it

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 01:54 PM
    It had to eventually. The next big swing will be when they release voice and video chat for it

Posted via CB10
    Eventually? It's been like a week. Momentum has stopped surprisingly abruptly. Please stop trying to avoid the truth.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 02:49 PM
    Eventually? It's been like a week. Momentum has stopped surprisingly abruptly. Please stop trying to avoid the truth.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, it hasn't died, as I said if you look on twitter and instagram daily u will see, people talk about it, post pins,barcodes, posting chats that they find funny, ...idk don't sound like dead to me

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:09 PM
    Dude, it hasn't died, as I said if you look on twitter and instagram daily u will see, people talk about it, post pins,barcodes, posting chats that they find funny, ...idk don't sound like dead to me
    BBM is clearly not dead and still in the game but, IMO, he is right when he says that it's not a buzz anymore.

The userbase will continu to grow but the growth will be slower now.
    11-06-13 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, it's been 17 days. And it's not like releasing a tangible product. It's not as if they have a certain amount of stock and can keep people waiting till the next batch release. It's also still #2 in top free android apps in the Google play store and has between 10 and 50 million downloads.

As stated, they need to release the next update as soon as the can. That will set things in motion again

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 04:03 PM
    Actually, it's been 17 days. And it's not like releasing a tangible product. It's not as if they have a certain amount of stock and can keep people waiting till the next batch release. It's called supply and demand. It's also still #2 in top free android apps in the Google play store and has between 10 and 50 million downloads.

As stated, they need to release the next update as soon as the can. That will set things in motion again

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 04:05 PM
    BBM is clearly not dead and still in the game but, IMO, he is right when he says that it's not a buzz anymore.

The userbase will continu to grow but the growth will be slower now.
    But it happens with anything in your life. There is a moment of big excitement and a warm period start after that. The challenge here is keep the work to keep the warm for long time.

11-06-13 08:26 PM
    I see the same people complaining all the time in the forums all kind if topics. I thought it could be BBM problem, but these people just like to complain. It's their nature. Obviously BBM has some problems yet and still have to solve them, but the problems of these people are much greater. BBM will keep improving and users will come!

11-06-13 08:29 PM
80 1234