I added 6 active users to the bbmers so far. I deleted whatsapp and I no longer reply to SMS so my contacts must bbm if they want to chat.
    11-06-13 08:34 PM
    Very entertaining to see people judging trends based on limited data that is obviously highly variable (from day to day) over a very short period of time. This is the same logic used by climate change deniers who judge global climate based on seasonal weather.

BBM has gone cross platform. It has had an extremely successful launch and so has built it's user base substantially. They will now begin to introduce more features and, critically, establish their monetization plan (presumably thru Chanels). This is all just the beginning.

Just relax. What some teenager observes in his limited view is irrelevant. Just as my experience that everyone I know now uses BBM exclusively is irrelevant. Let's see how many users there are in a couple of months...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:39 PM
    But it happens with anything in your life. There is a moment of big excitement and a warm period start after that. The challenge here is keep the work to keep the warm for long time.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    In Canada, BlackBerry Messenger is still number 2 in the Free Applications list, and with nearly 200 000 ratings it has a rating of 4.2 stars, which is more than Facebook (#1, 3.7 starts).

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-06-13 08:55 PM
    In Canada, BlackBerry Messenger is still number 2 in the Free Applications list, and with nearly 200 000 ratings it has a rating of 4.2 stars, which is more than Facebook (#1, 3.7 starts).

Canada (Toronto) also has that notorious crack-head, klutz of a mayor so that's not saying much
    11-06-13 08:57 PM
    Canada (Toronto) also has that notorious crack-head, klutz of a mayor so that's not saying much
    The States has its share of those kind of people too. Please don't let this guy change your outlook of Canada. He's one guy. Most people are not like this.

11-06-13 09:05 PM
    It wasn't crack it was crackberry..

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:19 PM
    Actually, it's been 17 days. And it's not like releasing a tangible product. It's not as if they have a certain amount of stock and can keep people waiting till the next batch release. It's also still #2 in top free android apps in the Google play store and has between 10 and 50 million downloads.

As stated, they need to release the next update as soon as the can. That will set things in motion again

Posted via CB10
    What?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    11-06-13 09:58 PM

Facebook has 8.8m ratings, many of which are before they went native. Android doesn't have per release ratings like app store. Apples to apples please. 200k is ignorance compared to 8.8m...

More appropriate comparison: FB Messenger has a 4.3 average with almost 1.2M ratings. 100M+ downloads.

11-06-13 10:01 PM
    What?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/e5etezuv.jpg

My web search shows but at number 2

Not sure why. Either way, like others say it will pick up again when updates come along

BBM is not popular in my experience-img_20130767.png

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 05:25 AM
    BBM is not popular in my experience-img_20130766.png

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 05:26 AM
    I think it depends of your country.

Here, in France, BBM is #91 both on the mobile and desktop version of the play store.
    11-07-13 05:35 AM
    Last week it was the most talked about thing for us teenagers
    We have forgotten about BBM and just went back to KIK... I'm afraid bbm is not going to be much of a trend anymore

Posted via CB10
    Okay most teenagers don't have short attention spans because KIK has been in use and more popular for a few years already.
    I don't follow the crowd I observe the crowd, Blackberry's attempt to get the "hip" young people of today didn't really get our attention.

Posted via CB10
    Unless you've spoken to ALL of the teenagers and are now speaking for all of them, you should really use singular pronouns. It's just your opinion that you're expressing and it is disingenuous to pretend to speak for "we" and "us". Try "me" or "I"...
    11-09-13 12:32 PM
    Eventually? It's been like a week. Momentum has stopped surprisingly abruptly. Please stop trying to avoid the truth.

Posted via CB10
    you truly are a negative Nancy kinda guy aren't you!?... the kinda guy whose cup is always half empty....never half full. Do you have any friends?
    11-12-13 02:48 AM
    Vine & Twitter aren't Top 5 apps on the Play Store here (USA). Facebook is #1. Instagram is #4. Facebook Messenger is #6.

Snapchat is #10. Kik & Skype are #11 and 12. Twitter is #13.

WhatsApp is #22.

Vine is #33.

BBM is now #68.

Thoughts:

Vine: Worthless to a lot of people for a number of reasons, notably:

1. It's Tied to Twitter, which clearly doesn't have the user base Facebook has and tend to be cluttered. I've noticed most people I know do not use Twitter and simply have no will to use it. Facebook's user base dwarf's Twitter's, and even Google+ has substantially more Active Users than Twitter has these days, with a lot better sharing mechanisms.

2. 6 Seconds: Normal People aren't Artists or "Creative" Types. They don't have time to spend hours trying to perfect a 6 second video. Instagram is simply a better app for sharing short videos than Vine is for these people, and a lot of this has to do with the 6 second limit, as well as not being able to import from the camera roll.

3. Instagram integrates well with Facebook, where everyone is. Instagram also seems to be much better developed while the Vine app/service can seem neglected at times. This impacts perspective for a lot of people. A lot of people jumped on Vine, and then jumped right off once Video on Instagram was launched...

BBM: Hyped and got a lot of downloads, and then quickly tapered off. None of this was unexpected. The app, and most notably, the services isn't even close to being as good as many people hyped it up to be. Lots of bugs with message delivery, etc. have turned the people I know who tried it off - for good.

Google+/Hangouts: Low Rankings due to their position as Preloads or Updates on most Android devices. This is expected.

Facebook/Facebook Messenger: Both of these suffer in relation to each other due to Messaging being in both apps to an almost equal degree. Some people don't install Facebook but install Messenger. Others (like me) never install Messenger because Facebook for Android has all the messaging functionality they need in that app. It's still a powerhouse in messaging due to its user base.

Skype and WhatsApp still have pretty decent rankings given how large their user bases is, as there is less growth-room when your user base is so huge.

I'm settling on:

Facebook: Main Social Network + Messaging (enough people are on it that it's a decent fallback)
    Google+: Following Brands/Pages - I like to keep that off of Facebook - and Hangouts (Most Android Users have it installed, and it Replaces Skype for Video Calling). Works with Google Talk users. Version 2.0 has SMS integrated so it's useful to avoid switching apps even if you have the Notifications for SMS turned off and normally use the [better] stock SMS/MMS app on your device :-)
    Skype: To Call Cells and Landlines in Low Reception Areas, that's it.

I've gotten all ChatOn users to move to Hangouts thus far, and it was easy because it's basically a pre-loaded app on their phones and comes with the Google Account.

The few people I tried BBM with have moved to back to using FB or Talk/Hangouts and aren't coming back because it isn't worth the reliability and device/battery performance issues it caused them.

Don't need someone else to use Skype to call their phone when my cell signal is very low, but on the desktop it can video chat with Facebook users via the FB web page/plug-in :-)

I've been using Hangouts to chat/video call with more than one person at a time a bit lately. It's a killer feature of that app. The v2.0 update is quite nice (Moods, Device/Form Factor Status Indicator, SMS Integration, etc.).

For everyone else, SMS/MMS works fine, and from my Notebook as well via Kies Air Message (Samsung Phones).
    Soooo, why is it that you figure if it's not popular in the USA that it's not popular or good anywhere in the world?... do you really think that it's all about you?
    11-12-13 02:51 AM
    Soooo, why is it that you figure if it's not popular in the USA that it's not popular or good anywhere in the world?... do you really think that it's all about you?
    I think you missed the point. And there are 350M people here, the majority of which could care less about anything that comes from this company. Their results lead me to believe this isn't the only place where that's the case, either.

Don't fish for debate while failing to read and understand what is written.

11-13-13 11:05 PM
    you truly are a negative Nancy kinda guy aren't you!?... the kinda guy whose cup is always half empty....never half full. Do you have any friends?
    How's it going? BBM still tops in iTunes/Play Store? Any recent numbers on downloads, frequent users, engagement. By the predictions in this forum, we should be well over 100 million frequent users by now!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:30 AM
    I think you missed the point. And there are 350M people here, the majority of which could care less about anything that comes from this company. Their results lead me to believe this isn't the only place where that's the case, either.

Don't fish for debate while failing to read and understand what is written.

No pumpkin, you decided that the young person who rolled off the stats of useage & downloads in THEIR country was needing to be shown that in YOUR country it isn't the same, so therefore you are kinda better huh!

It takes a strong man to put a teenager in their place. I bow to that smug superiority of yours.
    11-14-13 10:38 AM
    No pumpkin, you decided that the young person who rolled off the stats of useage & downloads in THEIR country was needing to be shown that in YOUR country it isn't the same, so therefore you are kinda better huh!

It takes a strong man to put a teenager in their place. I bow to that smug superiority of yours.
    The point is that using play store rankings is dumb cause different places are different. Just cause you see a ton of BBM users in SA doesn't mean there are nearly as many here, for example.

Get over yourself, and try to use that brain of yours.

I gave rationale for why it may have been different here. You're just baiting at this point...

11-14-13 10:40 AM
    The point is that using play store rankings is dumb cause different places are different. Just cause you see a ton of BBM users in SA doesn't mean there are nearly as many here, for example.

Get over yourself, and try to use that brain of yours.

I gave rationale for why it may have been different here. You're just baiting at this point...

Merci pour la clarification de votre attitude
    11-14-13 02:10 PM
    A week ago, BBM was #91 in the french Google Play (free apps). Now it is #247.
    11-14-13 07:55 PM
    Man I'm old. I remember KIK being a cereal....

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:35 PM
    I have to apologize for some of my fellow Americans who think that the US is the world when it is not. I really hate closed minded people like this

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:03 PM
    Merci pour la clarification de votre attitude
    You're welcome. Trolling in French is just trolling, btw. If you don't have anything useful to contribute to the discussion, zip it and exit thread.

11-14-13 11:06 PM
    Man I'm old. I remember KIK being a cereal....

Posted via CB10
    That was Kix.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:27 PM
    I have to apologize for some of my fellow Americans who think that the US is the world when it is not. I really hate closed minded people like this

Posted via CB10
    :TROLLEYES:

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:27 PM
80 1234