Well we all know that BBM is secure, but if we Base ourselves on this article in Time Magazine, it is not very secure. It says that the least secure are Facebook and Skype (not too surprising) but it puts it on the same level as WhatsApp = bad. BBM should have passed that test. I don't know exactly what the test was, but whatever it was it should have passed it.

Read the article it's a quick read : Popular Messaging Systems Are Some of the Least Secure Apps

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 04:25 PM
    The EFF did not perform vulnerability assessments or in-depth technical analyses of the encryption implementations in the reviewed products. Instead it judged them based on principles and features it felt are necessary to protect communications from widespread Internet surveillance by governments, which includes data collection in transit or from online service providers.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport with OS 10.3.1.1016
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-05-14 04:34 PM
    The EFF did not perform vulnerability assessments or in-depth technical analyses of the encryption implementations in the reviewed products. Instead it judged them based on principles and features it felt are necessary to protect communications from widespread Internet surveillance by governments, which includes data collection in transit or from online service providers.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport with OS 10.3.1.1016
    Would I be correct in a translating that as:
    EFF score card is aimed at letting you know which services try to prevent eavesdropping / which ones don't.

That being said, I was under the impression that imessage, like bbm, had a way to intercept communications with a warrant.

They have it listed like imessage > bbm protected. Could have sworn bbm protected (which requires bes) would ensure "past communications are secure if keys are stolen", not sure how imessage got the check and bbm protected didnt.

In BlackBerry lawful access principles, they say that they won't go beyond what competitors will to protect their users.. does that mean bbm for consumers might get a security boost up at least up to imessage/facetime standards? I hope so.

OS 10.3.1.1016: destructive 821 > upgrade 800 > upgrade 938 > delta 1016
    11-05-14 04:59 PM
    Wow iMessage is so much more secure than BBM protected ... unfortunately I don't use iPhone... their phones are almost impossible to use as it is so user unfriendly.

Need to explore other apps now for security purposes. https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:01 PM
    Topic being disussed here already -> http://forums.crackberry.com/general...report-973806/

Closing thread
    11-06-14 11:43 PM