Voice notes. That's it.
    And higher quality picture previews. And more reliable cross platform right now. And you don't get it. WhatsApp doesn't need to be BETTER to keep growing. BBM needs to be BETTER to take share. It's not better. It's not taking share. Do you see any evidence of WhatsApp numbers declining?

Whatsapp took years to get to 60 million users. Bbm took a week.
    What on earth are you talking about? When xBBM launched, they already had 60 million - BLACKBERRY USERS. Where are the numbers of iOS/Android users now? And of course it grew quickly upon launch. That's called a launch. Curves flatten over time. Clearly they are already flattening, hence BBM is no longer #1 in iTunes/Google Play. Have you ever done launch analysis on a business? Just because I sell 100 units my first week, that does not mean I will sell 100 my second.

Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean that my points are not selling points. If no one cared, they wouldn't have been mass reported.
    Please provide evidence that BBM is taking market share from WhatsApp, and I will concede that it has unique selling points.

And you're not discussing anything, you're here to act like your opinion is a fact.
    No, my facts are facts.

That's not discussion.
    Yes it is.

Besides, your facts are wrong. Bbm user engagement is one of the best.
    Source? Because even this puff piece article conceded that BBM engagement is behind Viber, Kik and WELL BEHIND WhatsApp. So please tell me, how is BBM engagement "one of the best".

New data shows that BBM engagement is already beating competitors | CrackBerry.com

Learn to Google.
    I know how to Google. But I didn't even have to in this case. The facts are right here on CB.com, demonstrating that BBM engagement is NOT one of the best. Perhaps you should learn to read CrackBerry.

[QUOTE=stabstabdie;9534162]I'm not here to say whatsapp sucks[/qupote]

OK, good for you. I think WhatsApp sucks.

I'm saying I think bbm is better. That's it.
    How so? The ONLY way BBM was better than WhatsApp was its reliability. However that reliability is not present in xBBM. Therefore, BBM is not better, and is perhaps worse at this point, that WhatsApp. Fact.
    11-13-13 12:31 PM
    These are not facts.
    These are your opinions! You have not supported even one of your claims.

You don't discuss anything, I've seen your posts.
    You come here to argue and belittle people.
    You have seriously never offered anyone here any help, or solved anyone's problems.
    I have. So go **** yourself.
    11-13-13 12:38 PM
    These are not facts.
    These are your opinions! You have not supported even one of your claims.

You don't discuss anything, I've seen your posts.
    You come here to argue and belittle people.
    You have seriously never offered anyone here any help, or solved anyone's problems.
    I have. So go **** yourself.
    Please explain to me again how BBM engagement is "one of the best". Once you explain it, please back it up with facts.
    11-13-13 12:42 PM
    Please explain to me again how BBM engagement is "one of the best". Once you explain it, please back it up with facts.
    I guess you don't under stand English. I said 'one of the best' not 'the best'.
    Only two are better. There are dozens of messaging apps, and only two have more engagement. One of which is used primarily by teens, who message constantly.
    Now please, back up all of your claims.
    Last edited by stabstabdie; 11-13-13 at 01:29 PM.
    11-13-13 01:09 PM
    BBM Voice and Video is so clear and stable on 10.2 OS when I show my ios and Droid friends they are shocked

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 01:28 PM
    Do you have to be an *** in your reply, I only said that because I CHECKED it on my sisters iphone and it wasn't there, later I found it's available on my ipod 4g but it's still not available on my sisters iphone.

I posted about this in another thread and someone politely said it's there, I hope you learn from him.

Attachment 220330

Posted via CB10
    I was not an a** as you stated.

I told you how to request an HQ photo.
    I followed it up with a request to stop spreading misinformation due to your ignorance.

ignorance
    ˈɪgn(ə)r(ə)ns/Submit
    noun
    noun: ignorance
    lack of knowledge or information.
    11-13-13 02:11 PM
    I guess you don't under stand English.
    "Understand" is one word in English. - FACT.

I said 'one of the best' not 'the best'. Only two are better.
    Three, mentioned in that article. VIber, Kik & Whatsapp. Did you read the article? I'm sure FB messenger is higher too, but I guess they don't have data on the messenger in FB vs. the whole app. So we'll just say "at least three are better". So BBM is in fourth place, at best. - FACT.

There are dozens of messaging apps
    Sure, but really only the top few matter, and of those top few, BBM engagement is at the lower end of the pack. - FACT

and only two have more engagement.
    Again, at least three. - FACT

One of which is used primarily by teens, who message constantly.
    So what? That doesn't change the - FACTS.

Now please, back up all of your claims.
    What claims?
    11-13-13 03:47 PM
    BBM Voice and Video is so clear and stable on 10.2 OS when I show my ios and Droid friends they are shocked

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic! To bad neither is available to iOS and Android.
    11-13-13 03:47 PM
    "Understand" is one word in English. - FACT.

Three, mentioned in that article. VIber, Kik & Whatsapp. Did you read the article? I'm sure FB messenger is higher too, but I guess they don't have data on the messenger in FB vs. the whole app. So we'll just say "at least three are better". So BBM is in fourth place, at best. - FACT.

Sure, but really only the top few matter, and of those top few, BBM engagement is at the lower end of the pack. - FACT

Again, at least three. - FACT

So what? That doesn't change the - FACTS.

What claims?
    You're passing off opinions and speculation as fact. Those are what we call claims.
    What is fb messenger's user engagement?
    Only the top few matter? Maybe to you.
    And I know how to spell understand. It's called a typo. I'm certain I have a stronger grasp of the language than you do.
    As for voice and video, they're better and coming soon.
    And yes, it does matter who is using the apps. If my goal is to monetize, I'd rather a small number of adults with cash than money-less teens.
    I should ask if you have read the articles bc there are other mentioned besides viber and kik. Kind of bring all of your other 'FACTS' (still don't know why you yell this word) into question.
    You say no one cares, but I do, the op does, many other users do.
    I'm yet to see a singe fact out of you.
    Imagine if you put this much enthusiasm into your job....you could be anything.
    11-13-13 04:00 PM
    You're passing off opinions and speculation as fact.
    Such as?

What is fb messenger's user engagement?
    I don't know. Hence the reason I said:

" I guess they don't have data on the messenger in FB vs. the whole app."

Only the top few matter? Maybe to you.
    If messaging apps below the top five matter to you, and if BBM being higher in the engagement ranks than those low-ranking apps makes you happy, great.

And I know how to spell understand.
    OK, because when you decided to question my understanding of the English language and claim your superiority in that area, I surprised to see such a glaring error. I'm relieved to know you know how to spell "understand".

I'm certain I have a stronger grasp of the language than you do.
    That's great. Congat Ulations.

As for voice and video, they're better
    Than what? I don't remember discussing Voice and Video, but I'm glad they're "better". Were they sick?

and coming soon.
    "Coming soon"? OK, if you say so.

And yes, it does matter who is using the apps. If my goal is to monetize, I'd rather a small number of adults with cash than money-less teens.
    That's true. Those businesses targeting the teenage market really do suffer from lack of profits. All those video game manufacturers. Those acne care companies. Companies focused on food targeted at teens. Poor enterprises must be suffering.

I should ask if you have read the articles bc there are other mentioned besides viber and kik.
    So what? I was discussing messengers with engagement higer than BBM. You said two (twice). I pointed out that there are three mentioned in that article and named them.

Kind of bring all of your other 'FACTS' ... into question.
    Not really.

You say no one cares, but I do,
    OK, great.

the op does
    The OP made no such statement that he cares about the fact that Whatsapp uses phone numbers.

many other users do.
    Source?

I'm yet to see a singe fact out of you.
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time following.

you could be anything.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    11-13-13 05:28 PM
    You have too much free time
    11-13-13 07:07 PM
    Two online combatants collect an infraction for pointless argumentative posts and online bickering which derails the thread and makes extra work for the moderators. Same fight, same sanction.
    [warn]Please keep the debate on topic and civil. You may not agree with every member but that doesn't excuse aggressive responses[/warn]
    11-20-13 03:03 PM
    If BBM worked on Android and iPhone like it works on BB devices we would not be having this discussion.
    PostMortem likes this.
    11-20-13 04:23 PM
    I completely agree with this. In its current state, I'm actually surprised the adoption has been as good as it is... BBM does not offer everyone the same or similar features as it does to BlackBerry 10 users.

Hands down, BB10's BBM beats the rest, but it is not the same experience for iOS and Android. Not saying it's a bad one, just that it is not as good.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:53 AM
    When I ask friends/family to give BBM a try I always emphasize how PIN messaging keeps your phone number private. Whatsapp exposes your whole contact list and not everyone wants to do that.
    12-01-13 02:04 PM
40 12