My brother has an iPhone my two daughters and wife have Samsungs. I am the only BlackBerry user rocking a Z10 and very pleased with it.
    I managed to get all to download and give bbm a try. After a week they have returned to whatsapp exclusively.
    None of them could see any value of bbm over their status quo. In some respects I can see their point. Sending a picture to my brother with the iPhone requires him to send back a confirmation that he will accept the hd image. With the Samsung part of the family they use voice notes a lot and I have to admit it's a lot slicker with whatsapp. Bbm also looks pretty bland visually on their devices. I'm now forced to go back to whatsapp as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 12:24 PM
    Sorry to hear that. It is the superior platform.
    Maybe point out that whatsapp is very insecure, and that if they change phone numbers then their contacts will be messaging a stranger.
    eg. grandma dies, phone number is given to a new customer, grandma now appears online and active on your whatsapp, bringing up painful memories.
    The lines in whatsapp do not indicate that a message has been read. It simply means that it has arrived on their phone. WIth BBM, the D indicated it has arrived on their phone (delivered) and the R means they have actually viewed the message (I wont say read it, becasuse maybe they didnt).
    It is actually instant, Whatsapp is just as long as a text.
    As well, you can add users to BBM without giving out a phone number or an email, its a pin, and unwanted users can be blocked.
    So it is much more private.
    11-11-13 12:32 PM
    The ease of use of BBM compare to Whatsup sucks. Whatsup just works without clicking 100 things. BBM needs bit of work to do. Hope they understand how important bbm is and make it more comparable with others. If BB was smart enough it could make it standard corporate internal chat tool. Lot of companies use theri internal custom or voip collaboration tools but having one standard which works with any company would be cool..
    11-11-13 12:36 PM
    The ease of use of BBM compare to Whatsup sucks. Whatsup just works without clicking 100 things. BBM needs bit of work to do. Hope they understand how important bbm is and make it more comparable with others. If BB was smart enough it could make it standard corporate internal chat tool. Lot of companies use theri internal custom or voip collaboration tools but having one standard which works with any company would be cool..
    I disagree. Try adding contacts with what's app on bb10. It sucks.
    11-11-13 01:27 PM
    I forced mine specially the one overseas, now they love it....

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    11-11-13 01:51 PM
    It's hard to force people in my family who are so loyal in their droidianism and isheep ism. They say the same thing about me and my undying fixation with all things BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-11-13 01:58 PM
    In my opinion, they need to get the black theme to android and IOS, they need to use all that unused space in the chat, they need to allow font size customisation and increase the size of the photo sent.

If they do this a lot of people will throw whats app behind them.

Most important thing is the black theme, a lot of people say the current theme is too white.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:36 PM
    May be get your family use group on camping trip? Very additive if one of them catch a fish (make sure no Barry swimming) .

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:42 PM
    Sending a picture to my brother with the iPhone requires him to send back a confirmation that he will accept the hd image.
    Is it really hard to request a HQ image? I mean I can do it on my z10 in one second.
    11-12-13 01:13 PM
    Is it really hard to request a HQ image? I mean I can do it on my z10 in one second.
    It's not even possible to request a HQ on an android or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:33 PM
    Sorry to hear that. It is the superior platform.
    When it works. Right now, it's not reliable, and so it's not the best.

Maybe point out that whatsapp is very insecure, and that if they change phone numbers then their contacts will be messaging a stranger.
    eg. grandma dies, phone number is given to a new customer, grandma now appears online and active on your whatsapp, bringing up painful memories.
    Give me a break. This isn't going to convince anyone. Stop drinking the BlackBerry/CrackBerry Kool-Aid.

The lines in whatsapp do not indicate that a message has been read. It simply means that it has arrived on their phone.
    300 million people don't seem to care. And neither does the OP's family it seems.

WIth BBM, the D indicated it has arrived on their phone (delivered) and the R means they have actually viewed the message (I wont say read it, becasuse maybe they didnt).
    Unless of course one is BBM'ing an iPhone user, in which case, the D make take hours to show up, and if it does, it doesn't mean there was actually a notification.

It is actually instant, Whatsapp is just as long as a text.
    I don't know what this means at all. But I can tell you that BBM is hardly instant, especially with iPhones. Delays of minutes to several hours continue to be reported.

As well, you can add users to BBM without giving out a phone number or an email, its a pin, and unwanted users can be blocked.
    So it is much more private.
    BlackBerry fanboys should stop toting out this line. NO ONE CARES.

None of your arguments are going to convince a family of happy Whatsapp users to make a switch.
    21stNow likes this.
    11-13-13 08:25 AM
    I disagree. Try adding contacts with what's app on bb10. It sucks.
    What are you talking about? You don't even need to add a contact. If a contact is in your phone book, and their mobile number is registered with Whatsapp, THEY ARE ALREADY A CONTACT.

Really, you're just toting the BlackBerry line, giving our incorrect and useless information here.
    11-13-13 08:27 AM
    In my opinion, they need to get the black theme to android and IOS, they need to use all that unused space in the chat, they need to allow font size customisation and increase the size of the photo sent.

If they do this a lot of people will throw whats app behind them.

Most important thing is the black theme, a lot of people say the current theme is too white.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, you nailed it. The color of the background is clearly the problem with BBM adoption with Androids. How come BlackBerry didn't think of something so simple?
    11-13-13 08:28 AM
    Oh yeah, you nailed it. The color of the background is clearly the problem with BBM adoption with Androids. How come BlackBerry didn't think of something so simple?
    Yet, I don't see any plans to get the black theme on BBMx.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:34 AM

Posted via CB10

Yes it is, you long press on the photo and the side menu will come up with an option to "Request High Quality"

Don't spread misinformation due to your ignorance.
    11-13-13 08:59 AM
    Yet, I don't see any plans to get the black theme on BBMx.

Posted via CB10
    You sound as if you're someone in "the know", but you're not.
    11-13-13 09:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not true...Iphone and Android BBM uses can request HQ images exactly the same way as BlackBerry users do. Simply press and hold the thumbnail image once in the chat Window, then select "HQ" from the menu that slides out on the right side of the screen. I've done it many times with friends on both iphone and Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:02 AM
    What are you talking about? You don't even need to add a contact. If a contact is in your phone book, and their mobile number is registered with Whatsapp, THEY ARE ALREADY A CONTACT.

Really, you're just toting the BlackBerry line, giving our incorrect and useless information here.
    Really? Come tell that my contacts that have whatsapp yet still don't show up on my list.
    You should go start a whatsapp site. You're the fan boy.
    I'm simply giving info to the OP that was in line with what he wants.
    11-13-13 09:51 AM
    When it works. Right now, it's not reliable, and so it's not the best.

Give me a break. This isn't going to convince anyone. Stop drinking the BlackBerry/CrackBerry Kool-Aid.

300 million people don't seem to care. And neither does the OP's family it seems.

Unless of course one is BBM'ing an iPhone user, in which case, the D make take hours to show up, and if it does, it doesn't mean there was actually a notification.

I don't know what this means at all. But I can tell you that BBM is hardly instant, especially with iPhones. Delays of minutes to several hours continue to be reported.

BlackBerry fanboys should stop toting out this line. NO ONE CARES.

None of your arguments are going to convince a family of happy Whatsapp users to make a switch.
    I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm giving him the info he wants.
    You clearly are trying to convince people.

Why are you even here? This is a forum for BlackBerry enthusiasts. You are only here to troll.

Don't act like your opinions are the only ones out there. Many care. That's why bbm is growing faster than any other service.
    You're just dumb.
    11-13-13 09:53 AM
    Really? Come tell that my contacts that have whatsapp yet still don't show up on my list.
    You should go start a whatsapp site. You're the fan boy.
    I'm simply giving info to the OP that was in line with what he wants.
    I don't like WhatsApp. I will just actually acknowledge areas where it is superior.
    11-13-13 11:08 AM
    I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm giving him the info he wants.
    No you're not. He wants ways to convince his family to stay on BBM. Nothing in your post provides anything valuable on that front.

You clearly are trying to convince people.
    Of what?

Why are you even here?
    To discuss BlackBerry, positives and negatives.

This is a forum for BlackBerry enthusiasts.
    Wrong. It's a BlackBerry discussion forum. I am discussing BlackBerry. I'm not sorry that you don't like the facts stated in my posts, however they remain facts, your opinion about them notwithstanding.

You are only here to troll.
    Wow, you really got me there.

Don't act like your opinions are the only ones out there.
    My opinions are just that: opinions. The facts I state are also just that: facts.

Many care.
    About what?

That's why bbm is growing faster than any other service.
    Source? And if true, only because it was just launched cross platform. User engagement continues to be WELL below the competition.

You're just dumb.
    Brilliant linguistic triumph.
    11-13-13 11:13 AM
    My brother has an iPhone my two daughters and wife have Samsungs. I am the only BlackBerry user rocking a Z10 and very pleased with it.
    I managed to get all to download and give bbm a try. After a week they have returned to whatsapp exclusively.
    None of them could see any value of bbm over their status quo. In some respects I can see their point. Sending a picture to my brother with the iPhone requires him to send back a confirmation that he will accept the hd image. With the Samsung part of the family they use voice notes a lot and I have to admit it's a lot slicker with whatsapp. Bbm also looks pretty bland visually on their devices. I'm now forced to go back to whatsapp as well.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same problem with my friends. Their reasoning is that SMS and iMessage/Facetime (for those on the iPhone) already does everything they need. None of them care about security at all, and most of them dislike the D and R notifications arguing that they don't want to feel "bound to respond". I think that it is a bunch of crock (D and R is one of the key things that makes BBM truly superior), but I guess most people do not like any sort of responsibility.
    11-13-13 11:23 AM
    I have the same problem with my friends. Their reasoning is that SMS and iMessage/Facetime (for those on the iPhone) already does everything they need. None of them care about security at all, and most of them dislike the D and R notifications arguing that they don't want to feel "bound to respond". I think that it is a bunch of crock (D and R is one of the key things that makes BBM truly superior), but I guess most people do not like any sort of responsibility.
    How is that a bunch of crock? Why do you feel people should take "responsibility" to read and reply in the time frame that you desire? More likely, you're just upset that your friends aren't taking up the BBM cause.
    11-13-13 12:00 PM
    I don't like WhatsApp. I will just actually acknowledge areas where it is superior.
    Voice notes. That's it.

Whatsapp took years to get to 60 million users. Bbm took a week.

Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean that my points are not selling points. If no one cared, they wouldn't have been mass reported.
    And you're not discussing anything, you're here to act like your opinion is a fact.
    That's not discussion.
    Besides, your 'facts' are wrong. Bbm user engagement is one of the best. Learn to Google. You didn't actually present any facts at all, just your opinions on mine.

I'm not here to say whatsapp sucks, I'm saying I think bbm is better. That's it.

You've been active in the forums for about two weeks and 90 % of your posts are about xbbm, and they're mostly negative.
    Try helping people out around here from time to time instead of just arguing what other people say. You literally bring nothing to the table.
    Last edited by stabstabdie; 11-13-13 at 12:20 PM.
    11-13-13 12:00 PM
    Yes it is, you long press on the photo and the side menu will come up with an option to "Request High Quality"

Don't spread misinformation due to your ignorance.
    Do you have to be an *** in your reply, I only said that because I CHECKED it on my sisters iphone and it wasn't there, later I found it's available on my ipod 4g but it's still not available on my sisters iphone.

I posted about this in another thread and someone politely said it's there, I hope you learn from him.

BBM not catching on with my family-img_00000460.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails BBM not catching on with my family-img_00000413.png  
    11-13-13 12:22 PM
40 12