One of the advantages of BBM over other chat apps is that you get a "delivered" and a "read" indicator.
    When I'm sending an image plus text from my BB10 device to a BBOS device (or to another BB10 device), I'm only getting the information "image sent". There is no indicator at all on whether or not the text or the image was "read" (or looked at, let's put it that way).

Was it always like this? Or is that BB10 specific?
    I think it's quite strange that no "read" indicator is being presented. Why does BBRY think this information is less important for the sender, when texting someone plus sending an image, compared to just texting?
    Is there anyone else who thinks this is kind of annoying and should get changed?
    10-06-13 07:45 AM
    There is no more indicator that a picture was RECEIVED...it only says SENT.
    10-06-13 07:50 AM
    Well, this is more or less what I said in my post. Any comments on my questions?
    10-06-13 07:52 AM
    I don't remember having a 'read' indicator for sent images on BBM for BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-06-13 07:58 AM
    There has never been a "Read" indicator for sending pics or videos or voicenotes or any attachments. It wasn't there in legacy BBOS's and it isn't there in BB10 either. Why this is I can only specate that it may have something to do with how the attachment is sent through the system. Now knowing this...you can do what I've always done...after sending the attachment and seeing that it was "sent" I send another BBM that simply states "received?" and then I not only will probably get a response from them saying "yes" or "no" but I can also see that my message of "received?" was read and can assume the attachment was viewed as well. Sorry I couldn't answer this completely for you but I hope this still helps.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-06-13 08:31 AM
    There has never been a "Read" indicator for sending pics or videos or voicenotes or any attachments. It wasn't there in legacy BBOS's and it isn't there in BB10 either. Why this is I can only specate that it may have something to do with how the attachment is sent through the system. Now knowing this...you can do what I've always done...after sending the attachment and seeing that it was "sent" I send another BBM that simply states "received?" and then I not only will probably get a response from them saying "yes" or "no" but I can also see that my message of "received?" was read and can assume the attachment was viewed as well. Sorry I couldn't answer this completely for you but I hope this still helps.
    Yes it helps, thank you.
    I think this is a strange concept. Why can I, on the one handside, combine text & an image, on the other handside I will then lose the information that is normally presented when sending text only ?
    Sendig the image separated from text is a workaround, however, that always annoyed me with Whatsapp, which doesn't allow to combine text & images. So there was always either an image sent without explanation (to follow later), or a text referring to an image that would only arrive later.
    Therefore I was looking forward to BBM and its ability to combine text & images into one message.
    Its inability to deliver the same level of information as for text only messages brings BBM back to the level of Whatsapp.

Not a very big deal, but not logical, not understandable. I do not think that there is a technical reason for that. At least not one that would be very difficult to eliminate.

(P.S. just to explain, I have been a long term BB user (I think I got my first one ~12 years ago) but in the last 2 years or so, I didn't have any BBM chat partners left, so I couldn't try out anything. Now I have one (!), hoping the number will grow when multiplatform BBM gets released finally).
    aloomis76 likes this.
    10-06-13 08:54 AM