They need to integrate BBM with text messaging. To be honest it's kinda lame that I have to switch between the two. Plus it's one less app that's BlackBerry has to worry about and BBM team can focus on that. BBM needs to also add multi chat or with up to 5 people.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:15 PM
    They need to integrate BBM with text messaging. To be honest it's kinda lame that I have to switch between the two. Plus it's one less app that's BlackBerry has to worry about and BBM team can focus on that. BBM needs to also add multi chat or with up to 5 people.

Posted via CB10
    5 people? What is wrong with group?
    Just invite your friend to bbm.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:41 PM
    A Lot of my friends don't want to use BBM because they say that's stupid when they can just text me. Or I will be the only one on there!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:30 PM
    Personally I rather hand out BBM pin than phone number or email address

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    01-04-14 09:35 PM
    A Lot of my friends don't want to use BBM because they say that's stupid when they can just text me. Or I will be the only one on there!

Posted via CB10
    You think implementation of text will let them believe you are smart? May be they afraid you become their boss.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:17 PM
    In the bb10 bbm version can we have text messaging contacts like in bbm on legacy devices. I remember having all my text and bbm contacts in bbm. Whenever received a text it would notify me through bbm. Haven't noticed that function since upgrading to the z30.
    01-04-14 11:06 PM
    You think implementation of text will let them believe you are smart? May be they afraid you become their boss.

Posted via CB10
    Nahh it would only be for bb10. And no they just think that's stupid for them to have to download a messaging app when text messages work good enough for them.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 11:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well its true if texting is all that's required. However I communicate only via BBM with my wife because we like the D/R. And we use BBM Video a lot. And we just plain like using BlackBerry phones.

Then I know another person that uses it with his wife on Android / iPhone because they have terrible cell service at home but good wired / wifi Internet. Thus BBM works easily where texts would often fail.

But yeah without a specific desire or need there's not a great reason to use it over SMS.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 12:20 AM
    This is going to sound like really stupid question, but I can't find a straight answer anywhere in these forums:

What do the gray check mark, blue D, and green R (shown to the left of each message) mean in BBM? When I send emails from my Q10, the sent messages have a gray check mark, so I assumed that meant they were sent successfully. My regular text messages show a gray tic box with a white check for the the messages I've sent, and a simple gray dot for the ones I've received. But only BBM also has these letters in addition to the gray check marks. D could be Delayed or Delivered.. R could be Received or Replied or Rejected. And the gray check marks may or may not mean the same as they do in sent emails.

I only have 2 contacts in BBM so far (both on Android, both installed BBM at my request so I could test it) although I have dozens in my regular contact list. I don't know how to tell if they have received my messages yet, or just can't reply right now.

Thanks, and sorry if this is explained already somewhere in these forums -- I searched and couldn't find it.

Well its true if texting is all that's required. However I communicate only via BBM with my wife because we like the D/R.
    01-06-14 10:10 PM
    This is going to sound like really stupid question, but I can't find a straight answer anywhere in these forums:

What do the gray check mark, blue D, and green R (shown to the left of each message) mean in BBM? When I send emails from my Q10, the sent messages have a gray check mark, so I assumed that meant they were sent successfully. My regular text messages show a gray tic box with a white check for the the messages I've sent, and a simple gray dot for the ones I've received. But only BBM also has these letters in addition to the gray check marks. D could be Delayed or Delivered.. R could be Received or Replied or Rejected. And the gray check marks may or may not mean the same as they do in sent emails.

I only have 2 contacts in BBM so far (both on Android, both installed BBM at my request so I could test it) although I have dozens in my regular contact list. I don't know how to tell if they have received my messages yet, or just can't reply right now.

Thanks, and sorry if this is explained already somewhere in these forums -- I searched and couldn't find it.
    In BBM, if you only see a grey checkmark beside the message you sent, the message hasn't been delivered to the other person. The D stands for delivered, and the R stands for Read, meaning that they've read the message

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:17 PM
    Thank you!!! :-D

Then I'm happy to report my Q10's BBM messages are indeed being Delivered to my friends' Androids. They don't always get Read in real time, but maybe they need to tell their phones to add BBM to Notifications.

Many thanks again. :-)

In BBM, if you only see a grey checkmark beside the message you sent, the message hasn't been delivered to the other person. The D stands for delivered, and the R stands for Read, meaning that they've read the message

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:28 PM

Then I'm happy to report my Q10's BBM messages are indeed being Delivered to my friends' Androids. They don't always get Read in real time, but maybe they need to tell their phones to add BBM to Notifications.

Not a problem bud and great to hear that your messages are sending properly!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:50 PM

The "D" is what I consider key. Because it is basically their phone telling the BlackBerry servers "I have this message". And then of course that's relayed back to your phone.

My brother only uses SMS. Often I send texts to his Android phone. Of course I see a check mark. But he's not gotten my text because his battery is dead. If he would use BBM I would know that a) he hasn't allowed his battery to die and b) the message is on his phone and he will thus read it soon enough.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    00stryder likes this.
    01-10-14 12:56 AM
    This won't happen. Clowns in waterloo will 6months to code that hahah what a joke

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 04:50 PM
    It's integrated via Hub.....

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-10-14 04:56 PM
    It's integrated via Hub.....

Like I was saying. It's would be better for BlackBerry if they did that. Sending a text and then having to send a BBM is to much, not to sound lazy but if I just want to use my BBM to text and BBM you shouldn't need to switch back and forth.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 05:02 PM
    Like I was saying. It's would be better for BlackBerry if they did that. Sending a text and then having to send a BBM is to much, not to sound lazy but if I just want to use my BBM to text and BBM you shouldn't need to switch back and forth.

Posted via CB10
    Ok so, I have texts and bbm messaging only in my main hub area...when i want to msg someone on bbm it's there, I press back and I can text from there...explain to me again what u want?

01-10-14 05:33 PM
    Ok so, I have texts and bbm messaging only in my main hub area...when i want to msg someone on bbm it's there, I press back and I can text from there...explain to me again what u want?

Oh and I can have one chat multiple ppl, am I not understanding?

01-10-14 05:35 PM

basically you wouldn't need to go to text messages you can stay in BBM in the hub of in the app itself.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 08:06 PM
    basically you wouldn't need to go to text messages you can stay in BBM in the hub of in the app itself.

Posted via CB10
    Ok so u want a person's sms chat connected to their bbm chat, and when u decide to send a msg to them u den choose if to send as bbm or sms?

01-10-14 09:33 PM
    You don't have to switch to text messages to send a text message. If you stay on the "Hub" screen and click compose you can choose between Text Messages and BBM.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 10:08 PM
    Ok so u want a person's sms chat connected to their bbm chat, and when u decide to send a msg to them u den choose if to send as bbm or sms?

This is exactly what he means, and how it should be IMO.
    01-10-14 11:44 PM
    You don't have to switch to text messages to send a text message. If you stay on the "Hub" screen and click compose you can choose between Text Messages and BBM.

Posted via CB10
    This.

01-11-14 11:47 AM
    Hub got choose text or bbm? No! One slip of finger you got dinged with 0.25. Not for me. I stay with bbm, even for OS 7 with 5 bucks extra. With all the charges, fees implemented change, stay with known platform before send is key. Minimize the possible errors. Especially, when the pocket book is in question.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 12:11 PM
    Hub got choose text or bbm? No! One slip of finger you got dinged with 0.25. Not for me. I stay with bbm, even for OS 7 with 5 bucks extra. With all the charges, fees implemented change, stay with known platform before send is key. Minimize the possible errors. Especially, when the pocket book is in question.

Posted via CB10
    Why would u want to have to choose between text and bbm in the bbm app? , would u ever rather text somebody than bbm them for free?

01-11-14 12:50 PM
32 12