Hi everyone,

I don't use a lot BBM (no in fact I don't use it at all), but I would like to use it more and I don't know how it works.
    When I created my BBID I used one adress (which is my personal one) but I think I have more susceptible contact on my other (my professional adress) .
    Can I configure something to link my two adresses to my BBID, in fact I just want to be more visible for my contacts on BBM, how can I do?

Sorry for my English, but I'm french and I don't write a lot in English.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 04:58 AM
    Bonjour!

No need to be sorry for your English.

Your BBID can only have one email address.

Either you change the email address of your existing BBID or create a new one.
    02-28-14 05:51 AM
    I have thought a bit more about your question. Your email addresses are irrelevant to your BBM. From what you are saying, you have contacts that only know your private email and more contacts that know your professional address. So you would like to use bbm for both e-mail addresses. All you have to do is invite whoever you want (private or professional) to communicate with you via Bbm. ( bbm is now available both for Androids and Apple) . So once you have linked (by invitation) your contacts to BBM, you will have personal friends that will know you via your BBM and your personal email address and professionals connections that will know you by your professional e-mail and Bbm. The BBM connection is its own. is this clearer for you??

Posted via Z30.
    02-28-14 07:17 AM
    Thanks for your help. I know I can invite them but I would like do not have to. When we have suggestions of invitation that's because we have contact informations. So a contrario if they haven't my personal adress wich is linked to my BBID they can't know that I have BBM.
    A last question can we have two BBID on one device?
    Sorry I'm a rookie in the BlackBerry world, and I used to communicate with Skype and WhatsApp which are I think easiest to use.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:25 AM
    Let me understand you better, you want to connect to your friends but you don't want to invite them to be your contact.

If that is what you want, the it is going to be tough as someone needs to invite someone else in this IM. It's not automated like WhatsApp.

If you just want to be able to detect more of your contacts who are using BBM then you can enter their email addresses that you contact them with professionally & hopefully they registered their BBM with that email address. Then you will be linked & someone will invite the other to connect.

Hopefully I did not kill your enthusiasm in using BBM.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:20 AM
    Yes thank you I have just seen that my q10 doesn't add automatically my emailed contacts. Is there a possibility to add them automatically?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 02:06 PM
    Sorry I don't think so, this is one of the features that people like in BBM so they can choose who they want to be in contact with.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:10 AM
    Yes thank you I have just seen that my q10 doesn't add automatically my emailed contacts. Is there a possibility to add them automatically?

Posted via CB10
    loc22 is correct. BBM is a IM app that is much more secure than others. you control who is it that you want to connect with. You can not have two BBID on one device. One ID per BBM per email.
    03-01-14 01:23 AM
    OK thanks you two. I'll do it step by step so.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:53 AM