Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if anyone had come across any information on BBM Money.

I'm anticipating this service to have great growth prospects for BlackBerry and was hoping somebody might have some new information to share.

Cheers
    12-21-13 05:37 AM
    Join my contact list, and I promise I'll make you pay.

Seriously though, I'm quite curious myself.
    keypad likes this.
    12-21-13 07:21 AM
    Im hoping BlackBerry creates a western union type secure money transfer service, maybe BCT (BlackBerry Credit Transfer)

Could even create its own bitcoin currency.

Let me know if ya get some inside info
    12-21-13 10:00 AM
    Don't you need license or something like that? Canadian banking system are regulated. Even credit union. I believe.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    12-21-13 01:33 PM
    Financial institutions are regulated. But I hope they are looking into the options with it.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    12-21-13 02:14 PM
    I'm sure the Canadian government would have BB jumping through many hoops, I just think that BB should leverage their secure networks to increase income directly from currency exchange.

I think they have the right connections to make this happen and let's face it, BlackBerry are still a well respected and trusted brand in the corporate world.
    12-21-13 03:26 PM
    I am really annoyed that neither PayPal Joe Square have released their credit card processing / money transfer apps on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 02:25 PM
    I am really annoyed that neither PayPal Joe Square have released their credit card processing / money transfer apps on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Have you contacted them about it?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 06:07 PM
    I'm using bbm money for quite a while now. in indonesia, it's regulated by one of the leading bank here.
    you can use it to buy mobile credit, or pay bills, send money to your bbm contacts (who is using bbm money), and even cash out on atm.
    Though you need to come to the bank to re-register if you want to send money or cash out.
    ohh, and no bank account needed, you'll be given virtual account to top up bbm money or pay by credit card.
    01-28-14 07:29 PM
    As much as I want a BBM Money to happen, BBM can't even handle messaging right now. I'd be scared to use BBM Money let alone recommend someone else use it...
    01-28-14 07:53 PM