How bad is this issue in general? I know that the fact that WhatsApp doesn't have proper R and D helps people not notice that messages aren't getting through, but BBM seems to be quite inconsistent at the moment when it comes to communication between BlackBerry phones and apple and Android. Is this just me, or are you guys experiencing this? Any idea whether this is likely to get better any time soon?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 07:51 AM
    I have noticed that the D and Rs don't work at all on iOS. Messages are delivered but the Ds don't appear. They only appear when the person opens the app.

However on Android it works as is on BB

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 08:25 AM
    Whatever the issue is, I hope it's sorted out soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 11:43 AM
    I notice lag when I message my buddy on android or with a group chat. BB to BB is always fast.

Last weekend it took an hour for him to receive a message I sent him.
    01-01-14 11:50 AM
    I haven't noticed any issues. What I have noticed is that my Samsung friends prefer to have BBM closed because they "think" it drains their battery. Then again they don't use any other IM clients....so their perception is from ignorance.

When the Android or IOS version of BBM is not running on their phones, I don't get the message delivery D but once they launch BBM it always changes to a D, and then R. I also have consistent visual feedback when they are "typing a message".

Posted via CB10 1.4.4 on Z10 10.2.0.429 on the Rogers Network
    01-01-14 11:57 AM
    Totally confirm, my buddy on iOS gets my message a week after I send them, BBM feels like sending a mail pigeon
    01-01-14 12:33 PM
    Totally confirm, my buddy on iOS gets my message a week after I send them, BBM feels like sending a mail pigeon
    There seems to be something wrong with your friend's phone or your phone. I can BBM between my Work BlackBerry Bold in Toronto to a colleague in Mumbai with no issue.

I have noticed that while using BBM on my Z10 once every couple of weeks that sometimes I get delivery delays between me and my friends (BlackBerry. Android or IOS). This is immediately resolved when I restart the Z10.
    I think it has something to do with services hand offs switching between WiFi and LTE repeatedly.

Posted via CB10 1.4.4 on Z10 10.2.0.429 on the Rogers Network
    01-01-14 12:52 PM
    My Q10 to iOS Sucks. Everything takes so much time and is messed up

Posted from my bangin Q10
    01-01-14 01:18 PM
    Hope they fix this and fast im getting **** off propa the amount of time it take to send and recieve is rediculouse!!!

Sent from my C6603 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-01-14 05:28 PM
    Things got bad for me starting New Years Eve

I don't know if it's because of servers being overloaded or what, but my messages to android users take forever to send and sometimes send out of order, if they even send at all.

I hope they figure it out soon, this isn't a good way to begin the new year

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 07:52 PM
    there is definitely a serious lag sending to ios,i think it's something with the os since i could bbm my iphone friends without issue when bbm first arrived,but after apple did an update is when everything got messed up.every person i've sent a bbm to on android has gone through as if i was sending it to another bb,no lag with an immediate d and r when read along with the info at the top that says so and so is typing
    01-01-14 08:03 PM
    Ya iOS has some real lag issues, it happened with a lot of people using iPhones with me.

Maybe CrackBerry can do a video, comparing iOS and Android

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:07 AM
    Same here, my phone z10 sending msg to my wife bold 900. Delivered after 24 hours, most of the contracts don't get the message at all
    I have been using WhatsApp for the last 2 weeks..... no wonder WhatsApp. is the number one IM app

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:31 AM