I have a bb z10 and up until yesterday my bbm was working fine but now for some reason when i try messaging certain contacts mostly android contacts it comes up with a red cross even though they can message me. I have tried deleting and re adding, and I've pulled out my battery and restarted yet it still continues not to work

HELP!!
    12-18-13 12:18 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! What's your carrier and what's your contact's carrier? I can message and receive on my Android and BB?
    12-18-13 05:57 PM
    I'm on o2 and I don't know what my contacts are but it only seems to be android contacts that I can't reply to yet they can message me. I think a few people are having the same problem. I tried talking with o2 and they were absolutely useless and couldn't even understand anything I was saying.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:22 AM
    Hi I'm having exactly the same problem. On 10.2 with O2 in UK. Can BBM to blackberry contacts and receive from Android contacts but unable to reply or send a new chat to Android contacts.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:49 AM
    Sounds like carrier issue, give it time it will pass
    12-19-13 01:52 AM
    Been like this for 3days now, and O2 are as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.

Posted via CB10
    sammiik95 likes this.
    12-19-13 01:53 AM
    Yes they are!! I tried talking to a GURU online and all I got was delete my contacts and read them but he meant phonebook contacts and didn't listen one bit, not only that he wasn't even English and couldn't speak very fluent so I couldn't make much sense of what he was saying. I know other people on o2 and they're not having this problem :s
    12-19-13 03:40 AM
    I have a Samsung gs3 and I love my bbm...but it has stopped working after I did a bbm update last night. Hopefully they fix the issue soon, my whole family relies on bbm to communicate (3 Samsung gs3's & 2 ipnohe 5's all on AT&T)
    Last edited by pezzodroid; 12-19-13 at 10:01 AM.
    12-19-13 09:42 AM
    Zocster none of my BBM accounts are working - iOS, Android, Z on AT&T.

I just tried on BES with VZW on my 9930 and it didn't go through, just clock.

Edit - BES goes through now. Bit delayed.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    12-19-13 09:55 AM
    BBM from wife's MotoX on Rogers working sporadically to not at all to Bell Z10 this morning. Seems like a more widespread issue. I saw some iphone users with similar issues.
    12-19-13 10:50 AM
    It's ridiculous that BlackBerry still can't get BBM to work reliably.

There is no excuse.

Whole no messaging program is perfect, I've had more reliability issues with BBM in a few weeks than an entire decade with simple SMS.

BlackBerry...if you can't solve this ASAP you're history.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:54 AM
    It's working again.

And hey guys.....there are outages everywhere. This was a few hours. And you had the option of email or SMS.

12-19-13 11:09 AM
    Yes seems to be back to normal now.
    12-19-13 11:16 AM
    Why so many are so apologetic for shoddy service maybe explains why BlackBerry is getting away with such shoddy service. Been a user for over a decade... when BlackBerry's claim to fame was reliability and security.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:47 AM
    Why so many are so apologetic for shoddy service maybe explains why BlackBerry is getting away with such shoddy service. Been a user for over a decade... when BlackBerry's claim to fame was reliability and security.

Posted via CB10
    Tell me one communication company that has not had an outage.

This is not like the days outage that crippled phones a couple of years ago. This was a few hours and you could still use your device.

12-19-13 01:02 PM
    Mine still seems to be playing up does anyone know why it's happening or how to fix it

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:34 PM
    No sorry I'm at a loss as well, I called O2 again and they say is definitely not a carrier problem after checking data settlings. The guy laughed when I mentioned BBM, said he didb
    Nt know anybody still used BBM. He didn't even know it is available on android and IOS, and suggested Idownload what's app. BlackBerry need to get the info into the carriers and then we will really see it take off. Well once they fix the connection errors.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:36 PM
    Tell me one communication company that has not had an outage.

This is not like the days outage that crippled phones a couple of years ago. This was a few hours and you could still use your device.

Such willingness to accept poor performance (and believe me... BBM is less reliable than most other messaging apps) is maybe part of the reason BB is being laughed at by the rest of the industry... as others have experienced.

NO EXCUSES!
    12-19-13 09:49 PM
    So tonight I decided to transfer my BBM Id to my 2nd Z10 and suprise suprise It works perfectly.i then swapped back to origional Z10 but still does not work. I am able to send pictures to android contacts without any problems. Please help.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:55 PM
    Has anybody tried to completely reset their phone back to factory settings and set it back up. I'm going to try it tomorrow and see if it works

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 03:56 PM
    Have been considering doing that but been to busy this last week. I have emailed BlackBerry support with my problems Friday evening buy have not yet had a response.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 04:59 PM
    Well i tried wiping my phone and setting it all back up and no luck it still doesnt work... how do you contact blackberry support? I've tried twitter and just get ignored
    12-23-13 08:27 AM
    I went via the support page on BlackBerry. Com I received a recognition email of logging the problem but nothing else yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 02:53 PM
    I tried that too and no reply

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:21 AM
    Having the same issue! didn't work yesterday! Was working for a few hours and now it's not working again!?!?!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:49 AM
26 12