I was able to get to the idp.blackberry.com site (needed https to work). When I log in this is the message I get. I'm guessing I'll continue to get this until I receive the magical email from BlackBerry about linking my Entreprise account and my BBID.

I still have no clue what I need to do to get that email though.

BBM Meetings info-img_20141116_110903.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:11 AM
    Edit: removed.

Posted via CB10
    My post was removed? If so, why? It's not like it was offensive or anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:21 AM
    I was able to get to the idp.blackberry.com site (needed https to work). When I log in this is the message I get. I'm guessing I'll continue to get this until I receive the magical email from BlackBerry about linking my Entreprise account and my BBID.

I still have no clue what I need to do to get that email though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141116_110903.png 
Views:	1011 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	314851

Posted via CB10
    Did you get the "Welcome to [company name], you are invited to be an administrator" email?

This has a link which takes you to the https://idp.blackberry.com website. You must log in here with the credentials you used to sign up to the service originally. This will be the email address that you got the above email to. Once you have logged in it will present you with quite a bare screen with a button on it which says "Admin". Clicking on this presents you with the admin portal which looks a little like this;

BBM Meetings info-bbm-meetings3.jpg

Here is where you create additional administrators and essentially your users. If you have used your personal BBID to create the account, create a dummy account using a different email address, then make this an administrator. Once you have done this you need to revoke your personal BBID as an administrator. Log out and log back in with your dummy BBID which is now your Admin account. Click on Entitlements, and then select BBM Meetings. Then Click on invite. User your BBID email in here and you should receive the final emails to enable your account. Click the link in these emails, log in and you should be ready to use this BBID to log in to the BBM Meetings applications.
    11-16-14 10:47 AM
    Great, glad that worked for you too!

Did you sort out your BlackBerry World purchases? Sounds like you may have changed your BBID On you device.

There were a few other people still having problems. I wonder if they can chime in and let us know if they have got it sorted or not.

Posted via CB10
    Mike, I'm still working through the issues with BlackBerry World. If I switch my default payment type to the carrier billing (Telus), it works. But still no joy restoring the CC or PayPal options so that they'll work. The BlackBerry support rep that helped me with the BBM Meetings issue has opened another ticket for me. Incidentally Mike, he reached out to me this morning and suggested exactly what you had told me to get my two accounts un-entwined. Curious, after you got your BBM Meetings working have you noticed that you can't invoke normal one-on-one voice or video chats anymore? The icon in the upper-right of the chat window is greyed-out, and if I click it it pops up the transient prompt I've attached below. I know that the recipient *can* accept voice/video, because the same icon is green on my wife's Z10. Sure hope that adding BBM Meetings doesn't sacrifice normal video chats!
    BBM Meetings info-img_20141116_125752_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:23 PM
    @JWilKill - I haven't tried video calling yet since setting up meetings. My Mrs has an Android so I never video called her anyway. I should be able to try this tomorrow with a colleague and then I will report back.
    11-16-14 12:34 PM
    Did you get the "Welcome to [company name], you are invited to be an administrator" email?

This has a link which takes you to the https://idp.blackberry.com website. You must log in here with the credentials you used to sign up to the service originally. This will be the email address that you got the above email to. Once you have logged in it will present you with quite a bare screen with a button on it which says "Admin". Clicking on this presents you with the admin portal which looks a little like this;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBM Meetings3.JPG 
Views:	511 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	314858

Here is where you create additional administrators and essentially your users. If you have used your personal BBID to create the account, create a dummy account using a different email address, then make this an administrator. Once you have done this you need to revoke your personal BBID as an administrator. Log out and log back in with your dummy BBID which is now your Admin account. Click on Entitlements, and then select BBM Meetings. Then Click on invite. User your BBID email in here and you should receive the final emails to enable your account. Click the link in these emails, log in and you should be ready to use this BBID to log in to the BBM Meetings applications.
    I haven't received that welcome email yet. I've been a ticket open and am emailing back and forth with BlackBerry. Hopefully the guy can figure out the email I need to be sent so I can try out this service. Thanks for the help and suggestions though. I'll likely need those instructions once I get to that step.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 01:08 PM
    I do care & want BlackBerry to succeed ! however at the same time the launch should have been better thought through .. Last couple of days, Signed-Up for the Trial etc Sent an email to support, received the Cloud ID management account created but when I though it's all sorted - couldn't seem to get the BBM Invites status updated
    Hopefully, it should be sorted soon !! *fingers crossed*
    11-16-14 10:26 PM
    My post was removed? If so, why? It's not like it was offensive or anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, no. I removed my reply to your post as it didn't add any value to the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:26 AM
    Attachment 314164

Posted via CB10
    I was about to post that it needs to have a trial period and now I see your post. I am still not able to place an order or try it as the site shows an error
    BBM Meetings info-img_20141117_095017.png
    BBM Meetings info-img_20141117_095024.png

I guess we'll have to wait a few more days for it to go live.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:53 AM
    For those that purchase the trial subscription (or the full year package) from the BB Enterprise Store, here's the documentation for the BB Identity Management Console: Administration Guide - Management Console - BlackBerry Identity - 1.0
    MikeGS likes this.
    11-17-14 09:18 AM
    Finally got it working. As suggested by others, I had to set up a new (non-admin) BBID account and add it as a user. The actual product seems to work great. Setting it up was ridiculous.

BlackBerry telephone support was very helpful and the followup was good.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 12:34 PM
    I did the same. But I wanted to use my main bbid for hosting so I made the 'other' bbid an admin, logged in as admin with 'other' bbid and then revoked my main bbid admin priveliges.

Then using 'other' bbid I invited my main bbid to host meeting. Now it works as I wanted.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 12:40 PM
    I can't get this to work. I don't know how to get my BBID to work with my enterprise account

Posted via my Z30 running 10.3.1.1151
    11-17-14 02:21 PM
    I can't get this to work. I don't know how to get my BBID to work with my enterprise account

Posted via my Z30 running 10.3.1.1151
    Hi, it might help explain if you tell us a little about what you have done so far? Have you read all of this thread? There is lots of information about how to set this up including a link to the setup guide a few posts earlier.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:03 AM
    So I got this up an running- it did take about 13 hours before the identity manager email was received.

Here's the rub: video conferencing works perfectly from blackberry to android. So, why have they delayed bbm video at least for android devices?

The other Kool feature is that BlackBerry Meetings offer Toll Free phone call in numbers for people without data. For $150/year I think it's reasonable.

Anyway, look for improvements. I'm being told in addition to an iOS App launch, they are working on allowing the host to audio record sessions. No timetable though.

However, the enterprise bundle is slated for release in December (probably at the Classic Launch). I'm guessing the iOS app will drop by then.

Edit:

BlackBerry is fully aware of the convoluted process to get this product up and running (sent message to my enterprise rep)

1) it took 3 attempts for website to accept payment.
    2) Hoops to navigate registration pages.
    3) more than 13 hours for official email
    4) convoluted process to convert your bbid to admin with "rights" to provision BlackBerry meetings.

It (the process) will get better; I'm sure. The product (when up and running) is surprisingly good.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ehroberts; 11-18-14 at 10:14 PM.
    11-18-14 09:59 PM
    The product (when up and running) is surprisingly good.

Posted via CB10
    It's the only part of it that BlackBerry didn't make, that's why!

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1151 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-19-14 04:47 AM
    I still haven't received my email yet... I think I'm just going to try from scratch. My ticket seems like it's been forgotten.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:40 AM
    Just tested it one-to-one with a bbm contact on Android.

Worked well, but the frame rate was pretty low. Though I was on 2 bar wifi.

He mentioned that he didn't have an option to share his screen on his android for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 03:33 PM
    Recording is available if a PC is used.

Converts it to Mp4 once the meeting is over.

Screenshare on PC allows you to choose the specific window to share rather than the entire desktop.

Posted via CB10
    kevets and campbecw like this.
    11-20-14 03:40 PM
    Perhaps BlackBerry Could offer a pay per use alternative to monthly/yearly subscription? This would help small businesses and consumer usage.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:14 PM
    Perhaps BlackBerry Could offer a pay per use alternative to monthly/yearly subscription? This would help small businesses and consumer usage.

Posted via CB10
    It is already free for anyone who wants to join a meeting. The subscription is for those who wish to schedule and host the meetings.

In the UK this amounts to �7.70 per month. As a comparison, Netflix which is �5.99 per month. Most people can afford this, affluent or not when you compare it to Netflix subscription levels. When compared to existing "business" applications like GoToMeeting and WebEx, it is similarly good value, as well as offering better features. There is a useful #BBFactCheck on the matter here;

BBM Meetings Much More Than Video Calling | Inside BlackBerry
    11-21-14 06:58 AM
    I did the same. But I wanted to use my main bbid for hosting so I made the 'other' bbid an admin, logged in as admin with 'other' bbid and then revoked my main bbid admin priveliges.

Then using 'other' bbid I invited my main bbid to host meeting. Now it works as I wanted.

Posted via CB10
    That whole process sounds ridiculous. :-(

What would have made more sense to me, and probably everybody, would be that the bbia used to sign up for bbm meetings is the admin and can give itself permission to host meetings.

The sign up process should even ask "do you want this bbia to host meetings" and create the account with the appropriate permissions already set on the bbid used.

Am I wrong here?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:53 AM
    You've got the process wrong. Many of you are performing too many unnecessary steps to get BBM Meetings functioning.

I am the admin for my account. I was able to provision my bbid to host Meetings - no other account necessary.

Listen, the process is not intuitive and a little cumbersome. However, there is no need to create another unnecessary user for BBM Meetings.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:10 PM
    So I got this up an running- it did take about 13 hours before the identity manager email was received.
    I have signed up and received my order confirmation email. So I guess I have to wait for this Identity Manager email before I can start using it. Is that right?
    11-22-14 02:27 PM
    You've got the process wrong. Many of you are performing too many unnecessary steps to get BBM Meetings functioning.

I am the admin for my account. I was able to provision my bbid to host Meetings - no other account necessary.

Listen, the process is not intuitive and a little cumbersome. However, there is no need to create another unnecessary user for BBM Meetings.

Posted via CB10
    There certainly was a requirement for an admin to use a different BBID to log in to BBM Meetings when it launched, and for the days proceeding the launch.

Perhaps BlackBerry have listened to negative feedback and improved the sign up process?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1151 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-23-14 12:39 PM
173 ... 4567