Ok, working also when you start the meeting from the Laptop. You can start an ad hoc meeting by clicking start with video. The Meeting ID will be a 9 or 10 digit number that others can use to join. If you start ad hoc then there is no PIN number option. You must have the meeting ID to join. If you schedule a meeting, from your phone and PC then you can specify a PIN for access. This PIN gets hashed into the meeting invite URL so the person clicking onto the link won't need to enter this. Pretty neat.

Probably all I'm going to test for now as I have to go out and do stuff.

Let me know if there are any questions or requests.
    Mr_F likes this.
    11-15-14 03:30 AM
    One last thing...

I don't seem to be able to send out invited to anything other than email addresses, so no BBM PIN invite options. This is from both phone and laptop.

I could have sworn that they did this in the live demonstration.... maybe this feature is coming later.
    11-15-14 03:35 AM
    Still waiting for an email to arrive. Nothing in my junk either. I wonder if I should create a ticket to help move the process along...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 07:26 AM
    I was finally able to create a BBM Meetings ticket. Hopefully this will mean they send me the email I need to get the service started!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 07:30 AM
    Oh please, you got your trial, less than 48 hours after it was officially unveiled. No need for such drama.
    Sorry MrGlenn, these posts from individuals struggling to get BBM Meetings working aren't just from a bunch of impetuous ne'er-do-wells. The frustration comes from the utter ridiculous and convoluted steps required to get it running. Promised emails that never come. Random "Error 500" pages when navigating the admin console. Exception errors when trying to create trouble tickets that flush the contents of the request (not fun when they have to be re-entered via a mobile device -- even if it is a Passport). An identity management portal that is virtually unusable from a mobile browser (even from the Passport one). Customer service responses like "due to high demand for BBM Meetings we won't be able to process your request until early December" and then moments later the sign-in email arrives. Apparent inability for the enterprise administrator to actually use their BBM ID to be a BBM Meetings host -- and no obvious or intuitive way to decouple the two thereafter. A myriad of disconnected different websites and URLs required to manage the process (store, myBlackberry, idp.blackberry, blackberryid, and the list goes on). BlackBerry is supposed to be all about productivity -- I've now wasted the better part of a day simply trying to get to the point where I can evaluate whether BBM Meetings will be a value to my organization. To really drive adoption of this service, it shouldn't have taken more than a few clicks in either the BBM or BlackBerry World stores (and I'm not saying it should be free). I'm reluctantly prepared to endure this BS because deep down I want it to work. Any other casual non-BlackBerry user would have thrown in the towel long ago, smug in the notion that BlackBerry is [still] a company that can't get it's sh*t together, and therefore can't be taken seriously. For all of us that give a damn for this company and it's future, that is a very bad thing indeed.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:28 AM
    Sorry MrGlenn, these posts from individuals struggling to get BBM Meetings working aren't just from a bunch of impetuous ne'er-do-wells. The frustration comes from the utter ridiculous and convoluted steps required to get it running. Promised emails that never come. Random "Error 500" pages when navigating the admin console. Exception errors when trying to create trouble tickets that flush the contents of the request (not fun when they have to be re-entered via a mobile device -- even if it is a Passport). An identity management portal that is virtually unusable from a mobile browser (even from the Passport one). Customer service responses like "due to high demand for BBM Meetings we won't be able to process your request until early December" and then moments later the sign-in email arrives. Apparent inability for the enterprise administrator to actually use their BBM ID to be a BBM Meetings host -- and no obvious or intuitive way to decouple the two thereafter. A myriad of disconnected different websites and URLs required to manage the process (store, myBlackberry, idp.blackberry, blackberryid, and the list goes on). BlackBerry is supposed to be all about productivity -- I've now wasted the better part of a day simply trying to get to the point where I can evaluate whether BBM Meetings will be a value to my organization. To really drive adoption of this service, it shouldn't have taken more than a few clicks in either the BBM or BlackBerry World stores (and I'm not saying it should be free). I'm reluctantly prepared to endure this BS because deep down I want it to work. Any other casual non-BlackBerry user would have thrown in the towel long ago, smug in the notion that BlackBerry is [still] a company that can't get it's sh*t together, and therefore can't be taken seriously. For all of us that give a damn for this company and it's future, that is a very bad thing indeed.
    I couldn't agree more. It makes it difficult to promote the company's services, when the user experience is so horrible.
    11-15-14 09:33 AM
    Oh please, you got your trial, less than 48 hours after it was officially unveiled. No need for such drama.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    It's only a 30 day trial, every day counts for my Enterprise. To be sent an email telling you when your trial will expire with no way to start actually using it is an abysmal product launch experience.

The Account Center migration to MyBlackBerry.com has been a farce, and this new BlackBerry Identity Console is no better.

It's like this every time with BlackBerry and not like this with any of our other system vendors, so "please" mind your own.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3442 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-15-14 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree, it was painful for a day or two and I'm sorry you are still struggling with it. I had similar issues when I signed up for the trial, but it all turned out ok in the end. By the sounds of things some people have had similar issues getting up and running.

Once you do get it working, and I really hope you do, it does seem to JUST WORK! I have now tried it on Z30, Win 8.1 Laptop and Android tablet. I really want to test it live to see how easy it is to get someone on there who has never used it before. This to me is key to its success.
    11-15-14 10:09 AM
    I stand corrected then.
    It's too bad this seems to be a flawed roll-out, but honestly it took until this page for someone to bother detailing exactly how it is flawed. And it still not the end of the world because some people have already seen it resolved apparently.

The reason I asked you to 'stop' was because the thread was slowly going towards a stream of people just saying "it doesn't work, boo BlackBerry! Every time, fail!"
    What we need in threads like this is more constructive criticism, so if someone is monitoring this they cannot just ignore it.

ehroberts and Prem WatsApp like this.
    11-15-14 10:13 AM
    I agree, it was painful for a day or two and I'm sorry you are still struggling with it. I had similar issues when I signed up for the trial, but it all turned out ok in the end. By the sounds of things some people have had similar issues getting up and running.

Once you do get it working, and I really hope you do, it does seem to JUST WORK! I have now tried it on Z30, Win 8.1 Laptop and Android tablet. I really want to test it live to see how easy it is to get someone on there who has never used it before. This to me is key to its success.
    Mike, any idea how to remove/change the BlackBerry ID of IDP administrator account? I can find no such options in the portal to even edit the administrator. I made the mistake of associating my personal (and active) BBID to the separate admin user/email I created for the enterprise store account. In retrospect I should have created a dummy BBID for the admin, since now when I try to accept the BBM Meetings host invite I'm getting a "Error logging in: SAML provider returned Responder error: Error during association: This BlackBerry Identity is already associated with a different account". Stymied

BBM Meetings info-img_20141115_114706.png

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:47 AM
    I stand corrected then.
    It's too bad this seems to be a flawed roll-out, but honestly it took until this page for someone to bother detailing exactly how it is flawed. And it still not the end of the world because some people have already seen it resolved apparently.

The reason I asked you to 'stop' was because the thread was slowly going towards a stream of people just saying "it doesn't work, boo BlackBerry! Every time, fail!"
    What we need in threads like this is more constructive criticism, so if someone is monitoring this they cannot just ignore it.

I don't know how it can get more constructive than "I signed up for trial, can't use the service because of the error X but my trial is still on a countdown." What else is to be said here?
    11-15-14 12:12 PM
    Received an email from them asking me to reply with my business name.

As I don't actually have one I replied with my full name. As it would be if I were a sole proprietorship.

As I've paid just like anyone else I'm hoping it goes through shortly.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:37 PM
    Mike, any idea how to remove/change the BlackBerry ID of IDP administrator account? I can find no such options in the portal to even edit the administrator. I made the mistake of associating my personal (and active) BBID to the separate admin user/email I created for the enterprise store account. In retrospect I should have created a dummy BBID for the admin, since now when I try to accept the BBM Meetings host invite I'm getting a "Error logging in: SAML provider returned Responder error: Error during association: This BlackBerry Identity is already associated with a different account". Stymied

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141115_114706.png 
Views:	856 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	314592

Posted via CB10
    I did exactly the same as you. I had to create another BBID to use for testing. I suspect I may have to contact support to swap them around.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:38 PM
    Think I have worked out how to change the admin account. You need to log in to the idp.blackberry.com website and add another(dummy) administrator. Then revoke your BBID, and then add it as a user. I'm just waiting for my invite email

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:00 PM
    Think I have worked out how to change the admin account. You need to log in to the idp.blackberry.com website and add another(dummy) administrator. Then revoke your BBID, and then add it as a user. I'm just waiting for my invite email

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Mike, that sounds plausible. I'll give it a try when I get back to my desktop (the IDP site doesn't render properly on my Passport). For what it?s worth, I got a callback from a helpful support rep who tried a couple of things but still no joy. He's going to escalate it when the "BBM Meetings guy" comes in on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Mike, sounds plausible so I'll give it a try when I get back to my desktop (the IDP website doesn't render properly on my Passport). I did get a call from a friendly and helpful tech support rep based on my support ticket, but we couldn't get it to work. He's going to escalate it to the "BBM Meetings guy" on Monday. In a potentially related matter, I can't buy anything on BlackBerry World any more, and I cannot even re-enter my payment credentials (they've been cleared). I'm hoping that this automagically gets fixed if/when I can disentangle my accounts.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:38 PM
    Howdy folks. OP here. I understand the frustrations, but I'll let you know I've successfully hosted three meetings now, with folks on Android, BlackBerry and a few laptops using the browser-based meeting.

It was a bumpy start, but fixes are coming: keep an eye out on your inboxes and junk folders!

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    11-15-14 01:53 PM
    Howdy folks. OP here. I understand the frustrations, but I'll let you know I've successfully hosted three meetings now, with folks on Android, BlackBerry and a few laptops using the browser-based meeting.

It was a bumpy start, but fixes are coming: keep an eye out on your inboxes and junk folders!

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    So it would be more accurate to call this a 30 day beta test than a 30 than trial? Hmm

OS 10.3.1.1151: destructive 821 > upg 800 > upg 938 > delta 1016 > upg 10.3.1.1151
    11-15-14 03:14 PM
    Are BlackBerry fanboys the whiniest of the mobile OS fanboys? Apple and Google botch way note things and I don't see their fanboys whining as much as here.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 03:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're a genius Mike! That worked perfectly. If was able to create a second admin account as you suggested and blitzed the original. Sent a BBM Meetings host invite to my personal email and then was able to associate it with my personal BBID after receiving the confirmation email. Used that BBID to authenticate in the BBM Meetings app and I'm away to the races! Thanks again Mike for your assistance!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:09 AM
    Haven't got a reply on the email yet, but BlackBerry replied to a DM on Twitter asking me to ask my service provider to open a ticket with BlackBerry. I don't understand it really, but whatever works.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 01:36 AM
    Are BlackBerry fanboys the whiniest of the mobile OS fanboys? Apple and Google botch way note things and I don't see their fanboys whining as much as here.

Posted via CB10
    Edit: removed.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 01:40 AM
    So it would be more accurate to call this a 30 day beta test than a 30 than trial? Hmm

OS 10.3.1.1151: destructive 821 > upg 800 > upg 938 > delta 1016 > upg 10.3.1.1151
    I think they screwed up the back end registration process. The apps work fine and I wouldn't call them Beta in any way as they work perfectly.

Those of us having troubles were because we were muddling through the registration and set up of accounts. An IT administrator will be more familiar with this process, and this is now working properly.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 03:07 AM
    You're a genius Mike! That worked perfectly. If was able to create a second admin account as you suggested and blitzed the original. Sent a BBM Meetings host invite to my personal email and then was able to associate it with my personal BBID after receiving the confirmation email. Used that BBID to authenticate in the BBM Meetings app and I'm away to the races! Thanks again Mike for your assistance!

Posted via CB10
    Great, glad that worked for you too!

Did you sort out your BlackBerry World purchases? Sounds like you may have changed your BBID On you device.

There were a few other people still having problems. I wonder if they can chime in and let us know if they have got it sorted or not.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 03:17 AM
    Still not working for me. I haven't received any emails like you suggested I should receive and I tried going to idp.blackberry.com but I just get a "Service Unavailable" message.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 08:51 AM
173 ... 34567