Since the start of this COVID-19 pandemic around the world, the whole world has jumped on to the bandwagon to go online to work and connect to friends, colleagues and family for both work and pleasure. This has brought a boom to the Zoom meeting app, there is a worldwide problem about its security and privacy matters.

I was just wondering if BBM is still around and it still has its group video calls with screenshare it would have had a worldwide revival. What do you guys think?
    04-08-20 08:19 PM
    Since the start of this COVID-19 pandemic around the world, the whole world has jumped on to the bandwagon to go online to work and connect to friends, colleagues and family for both work and pleasure. This has brought a boom to the Zoom meeting app, there is a worldwide problem about its security and privacy matters.

I was just wondering if BBM is still around and it still has its group video calls with screenshare it would have had a worldwide revival. What do you guys think?
    BBMe is still here with those capabilities, I haven't seen it take off either...
    04-08-20 08:34 PM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball again. Surprise surprise
    04-08-20 11:27 PM

BBM was only available for mobile devices. Zoom, Slack and Teams work in the desktop which make them far better as a teleworking solution.
    04-09-20 01:27 AM
    Does BBMe have video conference with more than 1 person? I cannot seem to find it on my BBMe. I have it on my phone and on my iPad. Cannot see the video call function. Or do i have to subscribe to the enterprise version as a company?
    04-09-20 07:35 AM
    Solutions folks were already using took off... Zoom, Slack Facetime, Hangouts, Webex, Skype, GoToMeetings and Teams

I agree BlackBerry dropped the ball... but it was back in 2008 when they didn't take the very popular BBM cross platform. If they had, and if they continued to develop it. Many of these newer solutions wouldn't even exist.

BBMe... isn't as feature rich as it once was.
    04-09-20 07:47 AM
    BBMe is still here with those capabilities, I haven't seen it take off either...
    Just managed to try out BBMe on my iPad but couldn't find how to use the screen share.
    05-01-20 01:47 PM
    I have been active in several BBMe groups and we are still going strong. I do agree that I haven’t seen many new members lately. I think the 3.00 sir charge every 6 months scares folks away.

As long as I still have folks participating in our groups, I will continue using it. I have been around BBM since the early days.
    05-04-20 03:33 PM
    Just managed to try out BBMe on my iPad but couldn't find how to use the screen share.
    Screen share only works with the BBMe Desktop app
    05-04-20 03:54 PM
    ...As long as I still have folks participating in our groups, I will continue using it. I have been around BBM since the early days.
    Thanks, Ron. As for me, I'll keep using BBM for my work team because -- despite the makers' claims of end-to-end encryption and "heavily-encrypted servers" -- it's hard for me to trust Telegram with anything more than hockey and movie talk. I may move to work to Wickr at some point, but not Telegram.

Also, you know there some folks in our groups who just aren't gonna budge from BBM!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    bakron1 likes this.
    05-05-20 08:40 AM
    Thanks, Ron. As for me, I'll keep using BBM for my work team because -- despite the makers' claims of end-to-end encryption and "heavily-encrypted servers" -- it's hard for me to trust Telegram with anything more than hockey and movie talk. I may move to work to Wickr at some point, but not Telegram.

Also, you know there some folks in our groups who just aren't gonna budge from BBM!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Amen, I will be around as long as there is support for the BBM groups I am still active in.
    05-05-20 08:44 AM
    I have been active in several BBMe groups and we are still going strong. I do agree that I haven’t seen many new members lately. I think the 3.00 sir charge every 6 months scares folks away.

As long as I still have folks participating in our groups, I will continue using it. I have been around BBM since the early days.
    At least BlackBerry will have validated the identity of the individual from two different angles one of them financially
    05-06-20 02:17 AM