To give the best BBM experience, BlackBerry should make separate BBM version, as simple as possible with very low resource requirements. By this way, BBM can be install in most if not all low end phones but still give the fluid BBM experience.

I suggest that BlackBerry make BBM Lite as version to cater that purpose, with basic function only and limited features.
    - It might have groups, but limited number of groups allowed.
    - It might have stickers, but with limited number installed.
    - It could send attachment, but with small size only
    - Number of live conversation is limited to keep memory usage low.

If then people need full BBM experience, then they must install the full BBM suite.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 06:02 AM
    This seems pretty pointless. BBM as currently published in its standard version runs just fine on all supported smartphone platforms. I am not aware of any significant smartphones which are not supported (or due to be supported when the Windows version releases) and there is no real prospect of non-smartphone OS platforms supporting third party apps.
    08-03-14 09:24 AM
    This seems pretty pointless. BBM as currently published in its standard version runs just fine on all supported smartphone platforms. I am not aware of any significant smartphones which are not supported (or due to be supported when the Windows version releases) and there is no real prospect of non-smartphone OS platforms supporting third party apps.
    Are you sure? There are many low end Android phones with only 512MB RAM before consume by the Android it self. We are talking millions and millions units. In this phoned, the available RAM for apps is lower.
    I want to hear actual experience from user of such phones. From Internet forums, I read that memory taken by BBM in many cases exceeds 100MB which then became the culprit of the phone being slow. I think this is not good. Many than refrain to install BBM because this nuisance.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 08:27 PM