I use a BlackBerry Q10. I have converted my wife and kids to use BBM to communicate. They all use Android devices. I have a few friends with iOS on BBM as well. We are experiencing huge "lag" or delay in message delivery ("D"). Sometimes, it takes hours. It has been unreliable ever since it launched for Android and iOS. Anyone else experiencing this?
    11-20-13 11:29 AM
    I had better luck today, 1 Samsung and 2 iPhone users started using bbm and the messaging was instant. Think they were impressed.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:41 AM
    My wife had a long delay between receiving messages. I set her persistent notification on and it resolved all problems.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:48 PM
    Seriously, does anyone read before starting a new thread?

My thread is the proper discussion for all these problems, which are widely reported here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...liability+poor
    11-20-13 01:25 PM
    I've found with my wife's bbm on her iphone receipt and delivery of bbm messages seems related to how she uses the phone - is the phone active, connected to wifi,etc. It almost seems as if once you handle the phone and it connects or refreshes a connection it all comes through. Generally, we have no complaints about bbm save for the fact that her old iphone is slow as molasses and operates about as poorly as most other apps on her phone.
    11-20-13 01:35 PM
    Yes I find this now too. I didn't have that trouble till yesterday and today again so far. It's so annoying as it feels like sms. Never know when it is going to get there.

Leaked 10.2.1. Couldn't resist
    11-21-13 08:51 AM
    I have no trouble with delivering to Androids, but with IOS users, there seems to be considerable delay. Disappointing to say the least.
    11-21-13 09:00 AM
    Yes. The past few days I've noticed serious D lag sending to a few android users I have. But then sometimes it goes through no problem.

Only word I can think of is unreliable.

I don't care about the stupid tech reasons why it might be causing problems, and what they may or may not be doing to solve it. What I care about is reliable messaging, and whatsapp continues to be more reliable as a cross platform IM.

This pisses me off as I prefer bbm and sold it to my android and iOS friends, and now, once again, mud in my face.

Fix your sh* BlackBerry. Your faithful are losing the faith.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:32 AM
    Oh and when messages to get through, some are delivered (and subsequently read) and others before it aren't even delivered, despite being sent. I'm guessing these messages go into oblivion.

Two of my android contacts also said previous messages in our conversation would also dissappear and then reappear sometime later.

BS

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:38 AM