I'm having the same problem lately on my nexus4 running kitkat. I have 1 to 1.2gb free ram at anyone time. The nexus 4 has 2gb ram and i'm Only utilizing 700+ mb ram and the bbm icon is set to always show. When phone goes to sleep the process ends and does not restart, not even when I wake up the phone. Incoming bbm messages don't get through until I start bbm and the persistent icon reappears. I don't have any battery saving apps or apps that kills background processes. If this is not fixed then bbm cannot be relied on for instant messaging. Only noticed this happening intermittently in the past few days. My friend has reported this problem a week ago and he's using a Chinese brand running ICS. The is serious and blackberry should fix this ASAP. Preinstalling bbm on android phones wil fail if the app is not reliable. The front end client is as important as the backend server infrastructure.
    Yep it's still happening to my husband too. I end up having to text message him to ask him if his BBM icon is gone - it always is. It's very, very frustrating. I have patience, and I will stick to BBM for a bit longer, but if this problem isn't fixed soon, I'm gone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-30-13 09:07 AM
    The following occured to me today when BBMing iOS BBM friends:

1st message remained on the grey check mark for ~30 minutes, then he replied to my, but got the red/white x next to his name. We figured out that he actually received the message right after I sent it. It was just never indicated to me, and later it seemed like he was offline, which he never was. Totally unclear delivery status of message.

2nd message to another iOS BBM friend apparently got delivered, D got displayed, but he never responded. After more than an hour, the D was still on, but when talking to him I figured out that he already read the message long time ago. The indicator just never changed from D to R.

I have to say, this is getting VERY annoying, not only for iOS uses who already laugh at me for constantly promoting this, but also for me, as I no longer enjoy using it, due to the many bugs.

I have no clue if this is BBRY's or Apple's fault but honestly, I don't care. What concerns me is the apparent silence on this, a LOT of users complain, many iOS users simply give up and move back to Whatsapp etc., and I don't hear anything about fixes, updates etc.

Fixing these issues should be treated with MUCH higher priority than releasing new features like channels. As great as these new features might be, but nobody will stay/become interested, as long as the basic functionality of the app is not secured.
    11-30-13 09:58 AM
    I'll be leaving the app on the phone but will not be actively using it. Also not getting 'D' or 'R' for some MSG to iPhone although the recipient has read it. It remains as a grey tick mark. Some bugs are not show stoppers and can be tolerated eg avatars not updating or missing, animated avatars not moving; but messages not received due icon shutdown or missing 'D' and 'R' are serious issues. Using other apps as comparison, wechat, kakaotalk, line, kik, etc bbm stands out as totally amateurish on android (not the UI but more on the design). How it fits and run on android, how the notification is processed, bbm is like a fish out of water. Whatsapp, kakaotalk, kik are xplatform but functions on each platform smoothly. Even wechat feels solid on different OS. Bbm android looks more like a big joke created by twelve year olds as a class project, but the iOS version is more professionally put together. Different components badly stitched together for android. How can they preinstalled on some android phones from manufacturers. Even Samsung (not a software company) creates a better app in chaton which is X'platform and blackberry can create such a joke. If there's no improvements soon, I will uninstall as will others.
    11-30-13 02:22 PM
    The following occured to me today when BBMing iOS BBM friends:

1st message remained on the grey check mark for ~30 minutes, then he replied to my, but got the red/white x next to his name. We figured out that he actually received the message right after I sent it. It was just never indicated to me, and later it seemed like he was offline, which he never was. Totally unclear delivery status of message.

2nd message to another iOS BBM friend apparently got delivered, D got displayed, but he never responded. After more than an hour, the D was still on, but when talking to him I figured out that he already read the message long time ago. The indicator just never changed from D to R.

I have to say, this is getting VERY annoying, not only for iOS uses who already laugh at me for constantly promoting this, but also for me, as I no longer enjoy using it, due to the many bugs.

I have no clue if this is BBRY's or Apple's fault but honestly, I don't care. What concerns me is the apparent silence on this, a LOT of users complain, many iOS users simply give up and move back to Whatsapp etc., and I don't hear anything about fixes, updates etc.

Fixing these issues should be treated with MUCH higher priority than releasing new features like channels. As great as these new features might be, but nobody will stay/become interested, as long as the basic functionality of the app is not secured.
    BBM on IOS is a mess I have to admit but updates are coming, though I see them putting channels in a higher priority ( I don't know for sure of course cause I ain't in bbm team) which is kinda wrong in every way!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:43 PM
    Problem posting on channels
    But bbm chat works properly
    I cant even post a comment in channels
    Ftw x_x

Well hope it all goes well

I was considering as I am the only one :$
    11-30-13 06:13 PM
    It's trading at $6 a share for a reason.

Love my device but the services are horrible.

~TheRealFixxxer
    12-01-13 03:12 AM
    Today morning. A message I sent to an iOS BBM friend yesterday evening stll shows the grey check mark. Suddenly a message pops up: "XXX has not yet added you as a contact. Delete contact or invite him again?"

q#*%&!?

An hour or so later I can communicate with the guy as if nothing happened. Of course none of us had to re-invite or add the other.
    What a joke. I think I will go back to Whatsapp (like most friends did already). Sick and tired of constantly being ridiculed for advertising for something that doesn't work.
    12-01-13 07:11 AM
    Patience is a virtue.
    All software has problems.
    If you like what BBM is supposed to provide, help it become better.
    No other software can match BBM.
    Birth problems have always existed and with the appropriate care were eliminated.
    BBM is the most powerful App anyone could have.
    That's why it is being envied and fought at the same time.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    12-01-13 09:37 AM
    Patience is a virtue.
    All software has problems.
    If you like what BBM is supposed to provide, help it become better.
    No other software can match BBM.
    Birth problems have always existed and with the appropriate care were eliminated.
    BBM is the most powerful App anyone could have.
    That's why it is being envied and fought at the same time.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    How to stay patient if software that you and many others try to rely on still doesn't work properly after weeks?
    How to help making it better if not voicing the issues?
    Yes there is other SW that matches or trumps BBM because it simply does what it's supposed to do.
    I don't think many envy BBM in its current state.
    solitude1984 likes this.
    12-01-13 12:32 PM
    Yesterday afternoon I sent a message to one of the few iOS BBM friends that remained faithful (most of them only to do me a personal favour).
    After several hours, the grey check mark was still on. So I asked her via Whatsapp (!) if she received my message or not. She replied instantly that she had not received any BBM message from me.
    As per now, about 30 hours after sending the message, the grey mark is still on.
    12-11-13 01:43 PM
    Yesterday afternoon I sent a message to one of the few iOS BBM friends that remained faithful (most of them only to do me a personal favour).
    After several hours, the grey check mark was still on. So I asked her via Whatsapp (!) if she received my message or not. She replied instantly that she had not received any BBM message from me.
    As per now, about 30 hours after sending the message, the grey mark is still on.
    This happens to me several times a week. If I come back after a few minutes and the grey check is still there, I resend the message. The second message is usually successfully delivered, though not always. Sigh.

12-11-13 05:18 PM
    Unfortunately I refuse to send my iPhone using family and friends BBM's. This issue is just another shortcoming of the botched cross-platform BBM launch.

Seems to work fine with Android. I've had no issues with Android users. But the iPhone BBM is abysmal.

~ TheRealFixxxer
    12-12-13 01:45 PM
    Performance great with my family iPhone BBM

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 03:29 PM
    BBM has been a hit and miss over the last month. As it stands now it works fine with some people while others I either get a red X or it sends it and they do not get it at all. I even had my friend right beside me and we looked at the phone and mine had showed D for delivered and her phone never showed she got a message, even 2 hours later. This is on multiple platforms of us using Android, Iphone , and even some the Z10 phones.
    Not sure what to make of it, but certainly not the best way to promote BBM. It has become not very reliable of late and so Ive resorted back to using Hangouts and WhatsApp. Or in the event the person has neither then TEXTS . BB needs to make sure this stuff is stable otherwise people will just forget BBM and move on.
    12-17-13 12:36 PM
    Unfortunately I refuse to send my iPhone using family and friends BBM's. This issue is just another shortcoming of the botched cross-platform BBM launch.

Seems to work fine with Android. I've had no issues with Android users. But the iPhone BBM is abysmal.

~ TheRealFixxxer
    I'm on Android and have issues with it. Over a month now it has started. Glad it works for you but others on Iphones have had issues. At least now I know this is not related to a specific phone or model or Platform.
    12-17-13 12:38 PM
    Today have been unable to BBM to android contacts, but was able to send a picture via BBM to an android user. I can still BBM to BB10 friends.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:48 PM
    Ok this has been going on for a couple of weeks now and is really annoying me (it comes and goes).

01-17-14 01:54 PM
    Did u ever correct this problem cause I am currently having this issue

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:50 PM
    Did u ever correct this problem cause I am currently having this issue

Posted via CB10
    Not permanently, no.

01-20-14 10:18 AM
169 ... 567