Spent 29 minutes on WhatsApp (!) today to discuss with a iOS BBM friend of mine whether or not he received a Bbm message that showed as read on my device. He did not. It just never arrived on his iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:21 AM
    No wonder each IOS updates removed a system font causing BBM to crash !!
    I really hope you are being sarcastic.

Except 7.0.4 recently came out and BBM works fine with it. :P

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-20-13 07:52 AM
    No one of my BBM contacts can send or receive any messages.

It's just showing a red clock icon.

Sweden, if that makes a difference.

Posted via CB10

Edit:
    Never mind, works now.
    Last edited by CollBERRY; 11-20-13 at 10:40 AM.
    11-20-13 10:29 AM
    My husband's BBM keeps closing. He's has a Galaxy S3, and although all of his settings are correct, over the past couple if days the BBM icon at the very top of his screen disappears randomly. This has happened multiple times now, and he won't get notifications that I've sent him a message as a result. And yes, the setting "BBM connected icon" is on. We're both getting very frustrated.

11-22-13 08:07 AM
    My husband's BBM keeps closing. He's has a Galaxy S3, and although all of his settings are correct, over the past couple if days the BBM icon at the very top of his screen disappears randomly. This has happened multiple times now, and he won't get notifications that I've sent him a message as a result. And yes, the setting "BBM connected icon" is on. We're both getting very frustrated.

His phone is probably running very low on memory, did this start happening after he installed a new app that maybe consumes the phones memory ?!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:25 AM
    His phone is probably running very low on memory, did this start happening after he installed a new app that maybe consumes the phones memory ?!

Posted via CB10
    No, no new apps installed.

11-22-13 12:37 PM
    My only problem with bbm now, is that the '' smiley becomes '=D' when I change my status.

C001230B6 New wallpapers for your BB10 device
    11-23-13 04:04 AM
    On friday morning, I started a chat with 2 of my BBM friends, both on iOS, latest version. Both were online through 3G and WiFi during the whole weekend.
    I also posted 2 pictures plus comments in a group that both friends are members of.
    Friend 1 received the message on monday morning.
    Friend 2 received it 3 hours later.
    Right after the message, friend 2 received 5 or 6 updates on various topics which were not delivered during the weekend. One of it was on the updates in our group, that I posted on friday.
    Friend 1 found the red indicator for new information on the app icon, but entering the app, there was nothing. So he has not seen the group updates yet, 3 days after posting.

I'm sorry to say that this thing (BBM on iOS, potentially the entire system?) is absolutely unusable in its current state. It just does not work properly.
    11-25-13 05:29 AM
    BBM issues today?-screen_20131116_143359.jpg

Tried every possible trick, its still the same. BBM ERROR! Reloaded OS after wipe | set time | BIS activated | tried different BBIDs | played with Time settings | Battery pulls | Both hybrid & OG OS tried |

Any one got the solution ?
    Last edited by aphorist; 11-25-13 at 01:24 PM.
    11-25-13 01:10 PM
    BBM issues today?-screen_20131116_143359.jpg

Tried every possible trick, its still the same. BBM ERROR! Reloaded OS after wipe | set time | BIS activated | tried different BBIDs | played with Time settings | Battery pulls | Both hybrid & OG OS tried |

11-25-13 01:25 PM
    An iOS/BBM friend sent me a message today afternoon. As per now it has not arrived, 6 hours later. But other messages, that she sent AFTER the first one, arrived instantly.

By the way, I'm not posting all this to complain about how bad BBM is. I'm kind of desperate because I'm losing one iOS/BBM friend after the other, with no chance to winning them back, due to these BBM issues. So I'm using this thread as a kind of error log, hoping that BBRY reads it and fixes the issues asap.
    11-25-13 04:23 PM
    An iOS/BBM friend sent me a message today afternoon. As per now it has not arrived, 6 hours later. But other messages, that she sent AFTER the first one, arrived instantly.

By the way, I'm not posting all this to complain about how bad BBM is. I'm kind of desperate because I'm losing one iOS/BBM friend after the other, with no chance to winning them back, due to these BBM issues. So I'm using this thread as a kind of error log, hoping that BBRY reads it and fixes the issues asap.
    I hear you, and soooooooo wish I had an answer. I have quite a few iPhone contacts, several in groups, and while we've had our share of issues, things seem to be running pretty smooth at this point.
    11-25-13 04:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen_20131116_143359.jpg 
Views:	691 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	224178

Nothing but contact your carrier.
    11-25-13 04:41 PM
    I'm having problem with video chat. It is saying unable to connect to server.
    11-25-13 04:46 PM
    I'm having problem with video chat. It is saying unable to connect to server.
    I've been unable to video chat since yesterday afternoon.

BBM messenger seems fine though.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    11-26-13 05:22 PM
    A lot of my messages aren't being sent recently to both people with BBs and android phones. It's very frustrating. I'm getting tired of this.

11-27-13 06:45 PM

Nothing but contact your carrier.
    Of course it has nothing to do with the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:09 PM
    I'm getting tired of this.
    As is anyone objective.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:10 PM
    As is anyone objective.

Posted via CB10
    Yep ...

11-28-13 06:21 PM
    I video chat and voice chat twice today without any issues btw bbm channel is just great.

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    11-28-13 06:23 PM
    I video chat and voice chat twice today without any issues btw bbm channel is just great.

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    Great. This thread is about cross-platform BBM problems. Clearly you're using BlackBerry to BlackBerry BBM, so your post is completely irrelevant.

BBM Channels is a waste of time, energy and memory on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:42 PM
    Great. This thread is about cross-platform BBM problems. Clearly you're using BlackBerry to BlackBerry BBM, so your post is completely irrelevant.

BBM Channels is a waste of time, energy and memory on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Actually Ben, the thread forked off to that. Read the original post.

I can see where channels have merit. They're not my bag. What I really like, is the way you can click an update, and start a convo about it. Black theme throughout is a nice touch too
    11-28-13 09:10 PM
    [B][COLOR="#000066"]Actually Ben, the thread forked off to that.
    Right, and that's what it's about now.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 10:33 PM
    i downloaded BBM8 yesterday, since then i'm having issues with the BBM app and performance of my device.

I'm using a 9220.

last night I tried to send few chat massages and the app stopped responding, I fully charged the phone before going to sleep. by the morning the battery is dead. after starting it showed me a massage something like an error on a rim module which looked like BBM.

moreover a group which I used to network with office colleagues also disappeared from yesterday.

Mafaz
    11-29-13 01:13 AM

Posted via CB10

I'm having the same problem lately on my nexus4 running kitkat. I have 1 to 1.2gb free ram at anyone time. The nexus 4 has 2gb ram and i'm Only utilizing 700+ mb ram and the bbm icon is set to always show. When phone goes to sleep the process ends and does not restart, not even when I wake up the phone. Incoming bbm messages don't get through until I start bbm and the persistent icon reappears. I don't have any battery saving apps or apps that kills background processes. If this is not fixed then bbm cannot be relied on for instant messaging. Only noticed this happening intermittently in the past few days. My friend has reported this problem a week ago and he's using a Chinese brand running ICS. The is serious and blackberry should fix this ASAP. Preinstalling bbm on android phones wil fail if the app is not reliable. The front end client is as important as the backend server infrastructure.
    Last edited by Mcwong; 11-30-13 at 12:09 AM.
    11-29-13 11:56 PM
169 ... 4567