Maybe it was just us beta users........
    I was thinking that too.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    11-07-13 08:18 PM
    Anyone else having trouble? Or is it just me and a friend?

Posted via CB10
    I'm good but others are having issues.

Posted on my sexxy Q10 (*_~)
    11-07-13 08:26 PM
    No issues BlackBerry to BlackBerry. No Channels installed. No leaks. No betas. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:37 PM
    Maybe it was just us beta users........
    Say... Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:21 AM
    Z30 with .1803 installed.
    I send a message to an iOS user.
    Grey check mark stays on forever.
    Later, the iOS user sends me a screenshot to prove that he received my message (although still grey checkmark on my end), and that he replied but got the red/white x. His message never arrived on my Z30.

Same issue stays on for about 90 minutes. Highest signal quality on both ends. Tried on Wifi and 3G.
    I had exactly the same reoccuring issue ~one week ago or so, when I was still on .1791, so not OS related.

I think there ARE reliability issues on BBM, and I hope they will get them under control soon, or it will be DOA. It's getting harder and harder for me to keep my non-BB-friends committed to BBM.
    11-08-13 10:23 AM
    Ok again I'm having the same issue :S

C001230B6 New wallpapers for your BB10 device
    11-08-13 12:26 PM
    To all: please confirm if you're under beta or stock BBM. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 12:59 PM
    To all: please confirm if you're under beta or stock BBM. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    Stock
    11-08-13 01:05 PM
    Stock
    Your issue is another one buddy. IOS is funky and doesn't play nice with BBM.

11-08-13 01:22 PM
    Beta, and the issue is gone again
    Btw I've a question about bbm dp :/
    I took a picture and I want to set it as my dp, but it needs to be cropped to a square size, is there any possible way to set it without cropping?
    Thanks in advance

11-08-13 01:42 PM
    OK folks. This could be related.
    (from official beta channel)

Please note that we are performing improvements on our BBM Channels infrastructure to further enhance the BBM Channels experience. During this time you may experience issues when trying to access BBM Channels including posts, comments and owned channels. The downtime is expected to begin at 2:30PM EST and continue for up to 4 hours. We appreciate your patience, thanks for testing!
    Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:43 PM
    Note that all my friends can set dp without cropping, but I'm not sure if they're on BB10 or legacy devices :/

11-08-13 01:45 PM
    OK folks. This could be related.
    (from official beta channel)

Posted via CB10
    For me, this doesn't explain, why I'm facing these issues, no BBM channels installed, stock BBM, different BBM friends on different networks, problems reoccur on a regular (weekly?) basis......
    @Undbiter65: no problems with Whatsapp between myself and the same iOS people (except that message delivery takes longer with Whatsapp, compared to a properly functioning BBM).
    My problem is that I'm actively trying to advertise BBM but it gets harder and harder to keep the ones happy that I converted.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    11-08-13 03:28 PM
    For me, this doesn't explain, why I'm facing these issues, no BBM channels installed, stock BBM, different BBM friends on different networks, problems reoccur on a regular (weekly?) basis......
    @Undbiter65: no problems with Whatsapp between myself and the same iOS people (except that message delivery takes longer with Whatsapp, compared to a properly functioning BBM).
    My problem is that I'm actively trying to advertise BBM but it gets harder and harder to keep the ones happy that I converted.
    If you're familiar to networks, you know that whenever a piece of an infrastructure is modified, the probabilities of side effects is big. Engineers will tell this isn't accurate, my personal IT experience will confirm it is.
    I mean. It's not because you don't have the beta nor use channels that this evolution won't impact your exchanges.

But I'm with many here: whatever the reason, it's bad an service must hit back the highest level ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 03:35 PM
    Sry 2ble post
    11-08-13 03:37 PM
    If you're familiar to networks, you know that whenever a piece of an infrastructure is modified, the probabilities of side effects is big. Engineers will tell this isn't accurate, my personal IT experience will confirm it is.
    I mean. It's not because you don't have the beta nor use channels that this evolution won't impact your exchanges.

But I'm with many here: whatever the reason, it's bad an service must hit back the highest level ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you mean. However, a basic principle of testing new apps/systems/environments should be to not impact productive environments. In case of BB/BBM, flawless operations of BBM is so critical for their success (survival?) that it is very hard to believe that they did not strictly separate the beta testing infrastructure from the productive BBM environment.
    But fact is, nobody here knows exactly what happened and why, and I'm with you, regardless of the real reason, they need to put all their efforts into restoring the highest possible service levels asap. At this stage, this is more important than channels or video calling imho. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them to succeed, and will try to keep my non BB BBM friends at it as long as possible.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-08-13 03:54 PM
    It's a problem on IOS. Trust me. Had the same issue. There is a whole thread about it. BlackBerry reps even posted on it. The title starts with something like "BBM reliability....." something like that.

11-08-13 05:33 PM
    It's a problem on IOS. Trust me. Had the same issue. There is a whole thread about it. BlackBerry reps even posted on it. The title starts with something like "BBM reliability....." something like that.

You might be right, or not. Who knows. But this is not the point.
    I'm losing iOS BBM friends, because their Whatsapp works, and their BBM doesn't (always). At least that is their perception of the current situation.
    11-08-13 05:52 PM
    You might be right, or not. Who knows. But this is not the point.
    I'm losing iOS BBM friends, because their Whatsapp works, and their BBM doesn't (always). At least that is their perception of the current situation.
    I know it's not your point buddy. But it IS another issue. And according to BlackBerry reps they are working on a fix. Hopefully it comes soon. However, the issue described here was not only with IOS users. It was with other BlackBerry users too. My sisters BBM was working not a feet away from me. Same carrier, OS, and phone. Only difference was I had Channels. And it seemed to be worldwide.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-08-13 06:01 PM
    Not only iOS, even BlackBerry.

11-08-13 06:29 PM
    Your issue is another one buddy. IOS is funky and doesn't play nice with BBM.

Ah now we've shifted the blame to iOS. Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:15 PM
    Ah now we've shifted the blame to iOS. Classic.

Posted via CB10
    And you've come to defend IOS. Typical.

11-08-13 11:16 PM
    Biggest problem for me is I entered into a group and then left. However I am still receiving messages. It will say the name but no preview of message. I enter into app and nothing is there. Been reading online that this is a problem and my name is still a "Ghost" in the group. I have tried to contact the administrator to delete me but nothing yet. Big problem in my eyes and this is for IOS.
    11-11-13 06:56 AM
    Biggest problem for me is I entered into a group and then left. However I am still receiving messages. It will say the name but no preview of message. I enter into app and nothing is there. Been reading online that this is a problem and my name is still a "Ghost" in the group. I have tried to contact the administrator to delete me but nothing yet. Big problem in my eyes and this is for IOS.
    How did you leave the group? As in what steps did you take?

11-11-13 09:08 AM
    How did you leave the group? As in what steps did you take?

Are there steps to take other than "Leave Group"?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:32 AM
169 12345 ...