I've read on apple.com it lists a bunch of compatible devices but I don't see Any generation of iPods?

So is there bbm for iPods?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:48 PM
    It appears it's only been released for iOS devices that have (the ability of) a cellular connection. Not sure why they did this, but maybe it will change.
    10-21-13 03:51 PM
    I don't have an ipod touch to test it on. I'm still rocking my 80g ipod!
    Why don't you follow the link from the article on the main page and see what happens??
    I'd love to know.
    10-21-13 03:52 PM
    Is there ios7 for my iPod touch ???
    10-21-13 03:52 PM
    Is there ios7 for my iPod touch ???
    5th gen only gets iOS 7.

But no BBM on it.
    10-21-13 04:04 PM
    Seriously though, who doesn't have either a BlackBerry, android, or iPhone who has an ipod touch?
    Children?
    If you can afford an ipod and are able to use it, you have one of these phones.
    And if you don't than you are a statistically insignificant number that does not warrant the extra development, or a child.
    In either case all I can say is you will grow up one day, just be patient.
    10-21-13 04:12 PM
    The operative phrase you used is "it appears." Such a pity this information has to be derived and deduced instead of stated up front by BlackBerry. This could have been done by simply stating "currently for cellular connected devices only" right in the description, or by letting people in the community know some other way. Leaving it to the user to attempt to download and fail, or read the list of compatible devices and then attempt to download and fail* is pretty lame.

*because is the average user (assuming they actually read this) immediately going to understand that "iPad WiFi + cellular (4th generation)" excludes his or her WiFi-only device? To make matters worse, some casual googling shows that several people posting around the net, including here, are saying that BBM is for phones only, so Blackberry has also lost control of the story.
    joejuck likes this.
    10-21-13 04:16 PM
    The operative phrase you used is "it appears." Such a pity this information has to be derived and deduced instead of stated up front by BlackBerry. This could have been done by simply stating "currently for cellular connected devices only" right in the description, or by letting people in the community know some other way. Leaving it to the user to attempt to download and fail, or read the list of compatible devices and then attempt to download and fail* is pretty lame.

*because is the average user (assuming they actually read this) immediately going to understand that "iPad WiFi + cellular (4th generation)" excludes his or her WiFi-only device? To make matters worse, some casual googling shows that several people posting around the net, including here, are saying that BBM is for phones only, so Blackberry has also lost control of the story.
    Blackberry strikes again! (Former Playbook owner here.)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-21-13 04:30 PM
    So does BBM never work on only wifi?
    10-21-13 04:33 PM
    So does BBM never work on only wifi?
    One of us will have to put his or her iDevice in Airplane Mode, enable wifi, and try it out...
    10-21-13 04:40 PM
    It appears it's only been released for iOS devices that have (the ability of) a cellular connection. Not sure why they did this, but maybe it will change.
    Dude, off topic but a lot of ppl who bought your wallpaper changer HD app are waiting for an update. There is a thread dedicated to it but you never venture a response. So what gives? Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Via my Zormtrooper...
    10-21-13 05:04 PM
    Yet every other messenger app is on an itouch :/
    Bbm for iPods?-img_20131740.jpg

AT&T Z10
    joejuck likes this.
    10-21-13 07:24 PM
    Yet every other messenger app is on an itouch :/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131740.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	212546

AT&T Z10
    Yupp. Well hopefully that's in a soon to come update.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:51 PM
    Yupp. Well hopefully that's in a soon to come update.

Posted via CB10
    I hope not. Leave BBM as a reliable way of instant communication, not another "I sent them a message but I don't know what device it is going to or if they are near WiFi so I should just text them as well" device.

Posted via my Z10
    10-21-13 10:49 PM
    I hope not. Leave BBM as a reliable way of instant communication, not another "I sent them a message but I don't know what device it is going to or if they are near WiFi so I should just text them as well" device.

Posted via my Z10
    Not that unreliable considering it will give you the delivered and read notification.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 10:56 PM
    Mhhh like no whatsapp on my iPod touch 4g
    10-21-13 11:04 PM
    No BBM on iPod Touch unless you have cellular right now. I tested it out earlier on my Touch. Whatsapp doesn't work either on the Touch.

Anyways, I created a BBM group and a bunch of iPhone and Android users in it already.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 loaded with 10.2.0.1725
    10-21-13 11:45 PM
    I find reading a lot of these replies in this thread depressing...I have an ipod touch 4g WITH Whatsapp running perfectly fine!
    curvezzz likes this.
    10-22-13 05:16 AM
    I find reading a lot of these replies in this thread depressing...I have an ipod touch 4g WITH Whatsapp running perfectly fine!
    I like my iPod but i can't get whatsapp on it
    10-22-13 05:20 AM
    It's totally capable but you'll need a bit if "know-how". You have to do a bit of digging and have to find out the proper way of getting it to work on the ipod 4g.
    10-22-13 05:31 AM
    It's totally capable but you'll need a bit if "know-how". You have to do a bit of digging and have to find out the proper way of getting it to work on the ipod 4g.
    Care to share your insights?
    10-22-13 06:00 AM
    Care to share your insights?
    Google is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:07 AM
    So you can't get bbm for ipods?
    10-22-13 02:49 PM
    Google is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.
    Do you care to share your insights?
    Lots of people say it's easy, but no one has links.
    I bet he doesn't even know.
    10-22-13 03:06 PM
    The BBM App suddenly started working on my iPod Touch 5 tonight. I was easily able to create a pin and have run many tests between it and my Blackberry Torch 9800 and my Boost Mobile 8530. It works great!!
    11-06-13 06:53 PM
36 12