I used the whatsapp method to get bbm on my ipod. then i went in airplane mode opened the app, then i went to create a group and i used that ios7 control panel to turn wifi on. then i left that group tab and i can navigate around but it wont let me send messages/recieve messages or add pins
    10-31-13 04:43 AM
    I used the whatsapp method to get bbm on my ipod. then i went in airplane mode opened the app, then i went to create a group and i used that ios7 control panel to turn wifi on. then i left that group tab and i can navigate around but it wont let me send messages/recieve messages or add pins
    How did you get till that point ? I'm getting stuck at setting up bbm
    On what iPod are you trying it?
    10-31-13 06:20 AM
    ipod 5th gen and to get it you need a iphone to transfer the bbm ipa
    10-31-13 06:24 AM
    ipod 5th gen and to get it you need a iphone to transfer the bbm ipa
    I have it installed but how did you got it running ?
    10-31-13 06:31 AM
    if you copy the whatsapp method correctly then go into flight mode then open bbm
    10-31-13 06:40 AM
    if you copy the whatsapp method correctly then go into flight mode then open bbm
    I got bbm from the App Store isn't that the same?
    10-31-13 06:41 AM
    yh but with the whatsapp method you move 2 folders from the iphone bbm to the ipod one
    10-31-13 07:00 AM
    yh but with the whatsapp method you move 2 folders from the iphone bbm to the ipod one
    Where is the whatsapp method you are talking about?
    10-31-13 07:03 AM
    delete bbm of your ipod. then download it from iTunes. Download I funbox. move to bbm ipa located in music>iTunes>media>mobile to your ipod. plug in a iphone and move documents and library from the bbm folder in ifunbox to your desktop. plug in your ipod and replace the documents and library from the bbm folder with the ones from the desktop. then go into flight mode and open bbm. then create a group and open control centre and take of flight mode.
    10-31-13 07:08 AM
    delete bbm of your ipod. then download it from iTunes. Download I funbox. move to bbm ipa located in music>iTunes>media>mobile to your ipod. plug in a iphone and move documents and library from the bbm folder in ifunbox to your desktop. plug in your ipod and replace the documents and library from the bbm folder with the ones from the desktop. then go into flight mode and open bbm. then create a group and open control centre and take of flight mode.
    Oh this I know but you need a iphone for that
    10-31-13 07:10 AM
    yep or just the documents and library folder from a iphone
    10-31-13 07:15 AM
    yep or just the documents and library folder from a iphone
    Oops this I don't have, maybe can someone share his folders??
    10-31-13 07:19 AM
    yh, but even if you get bbm it is useless no messages send or anything
    10-31-13 07:28 AM
    yh, but even if you get bbm it is useless no messages send or anything
    Will try to see from there if I can get it work but first I need this folders.
    10-31-13 07:30 AM
    You can also download the ipa from itunes on your computer.
    10-31-13 07:49 AM
    You can also download the ipa from itunes on your computer.
    This I have but i need the the folders from the iPhone. anyone can share it with me?
    10-31-13 07:53 AM
    So anyone can please share with me the 2 files and send it to my email address [email protected]
    10-31-13 09:58 AM
    Wow! Looks like you guys are making some progress. Good work!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:09 AM
    But wasn't able to get the files yet.
    11-01-13 10:16 AM
    1. Even if you get the two folders (Documents/Library) they will be linked to some one else's blackberry ID (not PIN), so that would cause a conflict. Not sure if you can log out and change the blackberry ID to a new ID (iPad only).
    2. Even with the two folders, still doesn't work with iPod Touch 5G. If you turn on Airplane mode, the app will launch, but the minute you disable Airplane mode, the app will act dumb again and show a large BBM logo off of a Web page...

I have it working with my iPad 3rd Gen but not with my iPod Touch. Hopefully someone can find a solution specific to the iPod Touch (iOS 7.0.3 non-jailbroken)
    Last edited by Juwan Hayward; 11-04-13 at 09:41 AM.
    11-01-13 03:37 PM
    1. Even if you get the two folders (Documents/Library) they will be linked to some one else's blackberry ID (not PIN), so that would cause a conflict. Not sure if you can log out and change the blackberry ID to a new ID (iPad only).
    2. Even with the two folders, still doesn't work with iPod Touch 5G. If you turn on Airplane mode, the app with launch, but the minute you disable Airplane mode, the app will act dumb again and show a large BBM logo off of a Web page...

I have it working with my iPad 3rd Gen but not with my iPod Touch. Hopefully someone can find a solution specific to the iPod Touch (iOS 7.0.3 non-jailbroken)
    If you delete in preference the 3rd file you should be asked for a new log in, anyway it's worth a try and anyone that can send me please (I won't use his account)
    11-01-13 04:24 PM
    2. Even with the two folders, still doesn't work with iPod Touch 5G. If you turn on Airplane mode, the app with launch, but the minute you disable Airplane mode, the app will act dumb again and show a large BBM logo off of a Web page...

I specially want to try because to me it gets till setting up bbm so maybe if I get the files it will get me all the way working.
    11-01-13 04:28 PM
    go to create a group and when it says name the group bring up the control panel and turn off flight mode and turn wifi on but you cant send messages or receive them
    11-01-13 05:46 PM
    Sorry not the best pictures but it's early here. It works fine so far.

Attachment 212705
    Attachment 212708
    11-02-13 03:12 AM
    Yes. I got it working on an iPad. We know that is possible. It is the iPod that is the problem.

Thanks for your contributions.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:16 AM
164 ... 23456 ...