I downloaded BBM straight to my daughter's iPod Touch running iOS7. I'm stuck at this screen now....

BBM on iPod Touch-img_20131183.jpg

Posted via CB10
    lexor1969 likes this.
    10-23-13 05:16 PM
    I downloaded BBM straight to my daughter's iPod Touch running iOS7. I'm stuck at this screen now....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131183.jpg 
Views:	660 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	213418

Posted via CB10
    That's the same one I get, iOS7 or 6, oh well such as life lol

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.0.1761 with a few 10.2.1.575 tweaks)
    10-23-13 05:25 PM
    this would be nice if possible.. i would want to see BBM work on WiFi Apple & Android tablets
    10-23-13 05:53 PM
    This was the only thing I wanted from cross platform BBM. I use email to talk to my kids on their iPods. BBM would have been nice, but no cigar. I uninstalled it already and hope it will someday meet my needs.
    10-23-13 06:08 PM
    BBM is meant to be an always connected, reliable means of communication. The idea is that everyone always has their cell phone on them at all times which means a BBM message will almost always reach the recipient asap. With WiFi only devices, messages could wait in limbo for days sometimes. This would cause people to stop using BBM as a reliable means of communication.

Don't ever expect BBM to go to Wifi only devices without some sort of work around.

Posted via my Z10
    BBM works fine on Wifi only. You can use BBM without a data plan. I believe the location features work "better" with GPS. There is a BBM feature where you can send your location. That's why it looks for GPS.
    10-23-13 06:45 PM
    This was the only thing I wanted from cross platform BBM. I use email to talk to my kids on their iPods. BBM would have been nice, but no cigar. I uninstalled it already and hope it will someday meet my needs.
    That's exact same with me and why I wanted it to be working on the iPods

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 with a few 10.2.1.575 tweaks)
    10-23-13 06:59 PM
    Also can confirm that it's working on my iPad Mini as well as one of my friend's iPod Touch. Still trying to figure out about the other iPod Touch friend.
    10-23-13 08:18 PM
    Also can confirm that it's working on my iPad Mini as well as one of my friend's iPod Touch. Still trying to figure out about the other iPod Touch friend.
    Wait.. You were able to get it working on a iPod Touch? What iOS version and device model is it? How did you load it, was it tied to an account that has an iPhone or iPad?

Thanks..
    10-24-13 09:10 AM
    Wait.. You were able to get it working on a iPod Touch? What iOS version and device model is it? How did you load it, was it tied to an account that has an iPhone or iPad?

Thanks..
    He has the 5th gen iPod Touch, and he definitely has iOS 7, not sure if he updated to 7.0.3 yet. I'll check with him and let you know as soon as I can. When I was talking to him on Skype, he said he couldn't get it to download at first, and then it did. Last I know, he was waiting for an email.
    10-24-13 09:30 AM
    My iPad is not cellular and works with bbm...
    10-24-13 11:41 AM
    stuck on that same screen as well, updating to 7.0.3 on my ipod touch gen 5 to see if that will help
    10-24-13 03:49 PM
    stuck on that same screen as well, updating to 7.0.3 on my ipod touch gen 5 to see if that will help
    Nope no changes in iOS 7.0.3. I am currently using it and have had no luck getting bbm to work on my iPod Touch 5. Any solutions yet?
    10-24-13 04:39 PM
    I loaded BBM on my kids ipad mini wi-fi only. Go to the app store change the selection to iphone only and search bbm for iphone. Set it up and it works fine.
    Wow!! Big thanks for posting this Foooon.
    10-24-13 07:16 PM
    Thx x2... I (re-)joined the forum just for this thread lol

I am also x2 on the tests... iPad 3 no cell radio working fine, but iPod 5 not running (iOS 7.0.3), same screen as seen by others above. I've tried flicking on and off the WiFi to try and "catch" it somehow, no luck so far. I've no other ideas, hopefully Blackberry will see the light on this. There are plenty of Android and iOS devices that are WiFi only, those folks want to chat with other humans too
    10-24-13 09:22 PM
    10-25-13 06:08 AM
    My ipod touch 5 is stuck on the language screen as well.
    10-25-13 06:13 AM
    It works but it doesn't activate it . Use iTools to download and activate it
    lexor1969 likes this.
    10-25-13 11:39 AM
    I am getting the same screen as everybody else. iPod touch 5. iOS 7.3
    lexor1969 likes this.
    10-25-13 02:47 PM
    Install WhatsApp On iPad And iPod touch Without Jailbreak [VIDEO] | Redmond Pie

worked for me.

Keep in mind that you need an iPhone to install your whatsapp first.
    10-25-13 08:01 PM
    I have it on my iPad mini. But I can't install on my iPod touch
    10-26-13 12:16 PM
    Getting BBM onto the iPod is all good, but getting it running is another matter. That said I just followed the WhatsApp method (eventually I copied over all the app files) from my working iPad to my iPod. Then ran BBM, same ugly "Language" screen. BUT... then I went into Airplane mode, and BBM LOADED to my contact screen ! However so far I am not able to change my Blackberry ID, and as soon as I go back online it goes right to the Language screen

edit: this is probably not going to go anywhere.. selecting "Blackberry ID" on the working iPad seems to bring you to a web login page, and the existing email address appears unalterable, meaning that even if I could get the app's copy running it doesn't look like I can apply a new BB ID / PIN, which I understand needs to be unique to each device.

So, it looks to me like the app is sending the user to a login webpage specific to the ID of the device hardware... meaning it's probably a (very small) server-side setting at Blackberry and we'd be up and running, but without that server-side change, we may need some sort of hardware spoof on the iPod to make this work... so frustrating.
    Last edited by lexor1969; 10-26-13 at 12:45 PM.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    10-26-13 12:25 PM
    Interesting that some language choices steer to a different web page, with a smaller BBM logo and (gasp) a GO button... but it doesn't do anything

It did ask me to do the site survey, which I was happy to complete in the most negative manner possible With of course comments on why I thought so. I would strongly encourage everyone to let Blackberry know your opinion on this. It won't get changed otherwise.

edit: if I knew how to access my router logs, my next step would be to find out what website the properly running device forwards to, and to try and going directly there inside a browser on the iPod to see if maybe it will switch over to BBM once the registration is done... that said, unless something is altered in the app (or the website) itself, I can't see this going much further.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    10-26-13 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the info everyone.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 01:39 PM
    I can't install onto my iPad 3 Wifi (no cell) from itunes. I can SEE it if I select iPhone apps, but it won't install because it says it only works on devices with GPS. Can someone point me in the direction of the proper ipa since a number of people have confirmed it works. Thanks!
    10-26-13 09:04 PM
    So no one can come up how to get bbm work on iPod touch 5?
    10-26-13 09:48 PM
164 1234 ...