Home CrackBerry Q&A > General BBM Chat

BBm on iPhone working for you guys?

Asked: Jul 12 2014 | 10:00 am EDT 1720 Views 5 Answers View Best Answer

Hi there, I have managed to get quite a few of my family and friends including clients onto BBm. Each of which all have iPhone or Samsung. Most work well but some especially iPhone users do not get deliver for days. Man I have to revert to text. Worst yet I am tempted to use WhatsApp. Any body got any ideas why this is still.happening?

Posted via CB10

Best Answer

Jul 12 2014 | 10:21 am EDT Ecm

I've been using BBM on my company issued iPhone since it launched. The current version has been quite stable for me.

If someone is having an issue, I'd suggest a "reset" on the iPhone (How to restart or reset your iPhone or iPad | iMore). Then, open BBM and give it a couple of minutes before using it. Also, it can be left running in the background, so it doesn't have to reload long conversations on startup. Tell them to use the single click on the home button.

Some may say that this will use more battery life. I've found that there's no appreciable difference.

Hope this helps.

More Answers

Jul 12 2014 | 11:03 am EDT Mark Rahaman

Thanks Elessar, I shall let you know how we get on!

Posted via CB10

Jul 12 2014 | 11:21 am EDT brookie229

I convinced my cousin to put BBM on his iphone and it did deliver messages, pics etc very well and timely for the few times we tested it. But alas, he found the font size for the messages just too small and apparently there is no way to change the size. So, he asked me politely to go back to regular messaging. Is this a fault with BBM or with his Iphone?

Jul 12 2014 | 12:13 pm EDT LeeU1911

I installed bbm on my brother's iphone so we can communicate. The thing is if bbm is not opened in the background. Your message won't have a D mark although the message is still delivered to the phone and show notification.

Posted via CB10

Jul 12 2014 | 12:17 pm EDT tex3523

I have several people at work on bbm. And we are all part of a group. Android has no problems with notifications, but iphone users have some.
The notification works great if bbm was used recently. If nothing comes through for a day or so then the notification is delayed sometimes for like 30 minutes and sometimes longer. Once they respond once then I respond right away it's good to go again. Seems to be better with the latest update.
Not sure how to fix.

Posted from my awesome Q10