My Wife's iPhone 5s and a neighbor's does not alert her to new bbm chat messages...unless bbm is actually running. my old iPhone 3g dies alert fine even if bbm is not open. She has checked the app settings and they appear correct for alerts to happen

Any suggestions?

Flicked out via Zed10
    04-02-14 02:20 PM
    Are you 100% sure you have allowed BBM to get push notifications?

Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall BBM - make sure you choose "Yes" when prompted about notifications.
    04-02-14 02:27 PM
    I want to confirm that, but Wife doesn't let me mess with her phone...:-(

Flicked out via Zed10
    04-03-14 09:47 AM
    I want to confirm that, but Wife doesn't let me mess with her phone...:-(

Flicked out via Zed10

I got the same problem, no notification from bbm in my iphone 5, im allow notification tho n why in my bbm setting i cant close open link externally? What used that stuff
    04-16-16 06:03 AM
    It's well known that the only app which doesn't remain on standby (not out of memory) is the BBM app. BBM developers claim they've fine tuned the app to remain online even if it is not kept open all the time, but it just doesn't work.

Stay out of the app for a mere hour and the app behaves like it's been forced shutdown with syncing resuming only if explicitly open the app.

It doesn't sync even while remaining as a open app in the background among the list of all the open apps on an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 08:08 AM
    I gave up BBM messaging my iPhone 5 friend as the messages just sat on the server undelivered, or, if delivered, my friend did not know unless they opened BBM to look for messages. They tried enabling banner notifications etc but the problem persisted. Others complain of this in the forums.

BB, Still the One
    04-20-16 04:58 AM
    Are they still experiencing it? The new update seems to be have differently if they have iOS 8 and up - even if they are not running the app now I get a D for my messages when they are sent.
    04-20-16 09:23 AM
    Nope. U gotta keep the app open and keep checking it every hour or so for it remain alive and give notifications. Have three iPhone BBM contacts and it's common with all of them.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 09:15 PM
    Yup, I have had multiple contacts try BBM... Android app is way more reliable. Many iPhone users would have large delays with messages or think there is no activity and end up deleting it thinking it doesn't work.

Not sure what it is about the iPhone but I hope they can fix it.

Matt

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 10:18 PM
    Not sure what it is about the iPhone but I hope they can fix it
    The OP is dated 2 full years ago yet here we are!
    I know they can't put a flashing LED on iPhone but there must be a way that BBM could be programmed to set itself up, when installed on the small number of different models, so that there would reliable notification whether the app was running or not.

BB, Still the One
    04-22-16 07:29 PM
    Script kiddies using swift at BBM development team in waterloo?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 03:40 PM