I have a Z10 and I was able to get a lot of my friends with iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones to download BBM. It seems though that my BBM's to them don't go through ( I don't get the blue "D" just a checkmark that it was sent ) unless they have their BBM app open and running on their phones? Is this the case? It seems if it's closed they don't get notified they have a BBM until they open it. I had sent a BBM to a buddy this morning and no "D". So I shot him a text and he opened the BBM app on his iPhone and I immediately saw the check go to a "D" then an "R". He is asking me if there is something he is doing wrong or is it something in his settings that needs to be turned on maybe so this doesn't happen. I have the same issue with other friends that don't have BB phones. Anyone else have this issue and is there a fix? Thanks!
    10-31-13 11:29 AM
    I have noticed this too, and was wondering the same thing. If they have to keep it open to receive a msg, I'm not sure many will like that.

I'm going to have to ask my contacts...........
    10-31-13 11:43 AM
    I hope bbm will use google cloud messaging (like fb and whatsapp) so that we don't have to open bbm all the time because android will automatically closed it and message delayed.

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    10-31-13 07:34 PM