How is it that BBM for iPhone /Android works over data but only over wifi for BlackBerry. That is just the stupidest thing for BlackBerry to do. They might be trying to expand their consumer base, but they should focus on the already existing user base and maybe figure out how not to allow OS updates to be delayed by carriers (AT&T: this is you). I've loved BlackBerry for a long time, and this doesn't diminish my loyalty, but it really makes me wonder what they're doing over there.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 08:30 AM
    Wut? My BBM works fine over data.

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    02-14-14 08:40 AM
    BB10 allows call over wifi and data since day 1.

Or are you talking about BBOS?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 08:42 AM
    How is it that BBM for iPhone /Android works over data but only over wifi for BlackBerry. That is just the stupidest thing for BlackBerry to do. They might be trying to expand their consumer base, but they should focus on the already existing user base and maybe figure out how not to allow OS updates to be delayed by carriers (AT&T: this is you). I've loved BlackBerry for a long time, and this doesn't diminish my loyalty, but it really makes me wonder what they're doing over there.

Posted via CB10
    See if you asked something nicely u would learn something

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    afiqhamzah likes this.
    02-14-14 08:42 AM
    Not on AT&T. My family overseas can use BBM voice and video on data fine. I've never been able to. And I have an unlimited data plan.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:05 PM
    Not on AT&T. My family overseas can use BBM voice and video on data fine. I've never been able to. And I have an unlimited data plan.

Posted via CB10
    Seems to me that your issue is with AT&T, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:08 PM
    AT&T has always restricted BBM voice and video over data

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:12 PM
    Seems to me that your issue is with AT&T, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It would seem that way. But why is Skype allowed over data and not BBM voice/video. The fact that BlackBerry allows AT&T to restrict such features only hurts BlackBerry.

I'm not saying AT&T is perfect. They still haven't even released the new OS update, which they have done for the last 5 years. Just a shame that the carriers hurt BlackBerry for their own stupid reasons.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:35 PM
    It would seem that way.
    No, it IS that way...

But why is Skype allowed over data and not BBM voice/video. The fact that BlackBerry allows AT&T to restrict such features only hurts BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry doesn't allow AT&T to do anything, they have no choice. What would you want them to do - refuse to sell their phones through AT&T? Pretty sure AT&T wouldn't care and that would only hurt BlackBerry more...

I'm not saying AT&T is perfect. They still haven't even released the new OS update, which they have done for the last 5 years. Just a shame that the carriers hurt BlackBerry for their own stupid reasons.

Posted via CB10
    Your last line says it all, dude...

Look, BlackBerry is to blame for A LOT of things but this seriously isn't one of them.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:49 PM