Hi,

I have BBM on my iPhone 5. Had it for a long time and was working pretty well. Until recently it stopped from informing me when i get messages. Now, I stopped getting any notifications whatsoever whenever someone texts me through BBM.. I'd have to open the app every time to check if some texts me.

I also have the push notification setting enabled on BBM.. It's supposed to work, yet it chooses not to. I also know all about the notification centre: BBM: Enable: Lock screen: Enable . Mine is on. Just like whatsapp, emails or anything that all work.. It is on. Yet it still doesn't give me any notifications.

I deleted/reinstalled the app TWICE! and still no help. I reseted my phone over 1000 times already.. still no help.

Someone please help me. I can't find anything on google. Has anyone gone through this before? Does anyone have an answer?

It's driving me crazy.
    03-13-14 11:11 AM
    When did it start appearing ?
    The problem I mean.

Could it be after the latest ios update?
    If yes BlackBerry needs to investigate and fix with a BBM update.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    03-14-14 12:26 AM
    When did it start appearing ?
    The problem I mean.

Could it be after the latest ios update?
    If yes BlackBerry needs to investigate and fix with a BBM update.

It started happening before the latest update.. and I thought because I didn't update my iOS, maybe that was the reason. So I updated and still the same problem.

I even tried by friends BBM on iPhone and it worked perfectly for them, but not me. We all have the same settings activated. I'm confused, I really don't know what to do anymore.
    03-14-14 02:58 AM
    It's a very tough situation.
    I will keep bumping so you can get your answer by someone who probably knows.

I am so sorry.

03-14-14 04:05 PM
    It's a very tough situation.
    I will keep bumping so you can get your answer by someone who probably knows.

I am so sorry.

Thank you for replying and trying to help. I hope you find something.

I'm still having the problem. So, if anyone knows anything please let me know. Please.
    03-15-14 08:22 AM
    I did a post on this pertaining to iOS 6, it may help at least in part... but I do know that iOS 7 has made some changes to background app behaviour and so on.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-ios.../#post10173038
    03-27-14 04:20 PM
    After the last update the notification is not working for IOS.
    I could convince yesterday two IOS user to download and use BBM.
    They liked it but later I tried to contact them via BBM Voice but they didn't receive any notification.
    First I thought that the settings are not correct but everything was correct.
    I start to contact another IOS user via BBM Voice and the same symptoms, no notification.
    Then I tried to send a PING but still no notification.
    Can someone clear this bug?

Normally the app should do all settings automatically without any manual tuning.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:30 AM
    After the last update the notification is not working for IOS.
    I could convince yesterday two IOS user to download and use BBM.
    They liked it but later I tried to contact them via BBM Voice but they didn't receive any notification.
    First I thought that the settings are not correct but everything was correct.
    I start to contact another IOS user via BBM Voice and the same symptoms, no notification.
    Then I tried to send a PING but still no notification.
    Can someone clear this bug?

Normally the app should do all settings automatically without any manual tuning.

You looked at the page linked in the post above yours, correct?

That is iOS 6 specific but many of the concepts are the same in iOS 7.
    04-03-14 02:48 AM
    Hello. I've been having the same problem for over a month now even before BBM 2.0 iOS update. I have an iphone 5s and sometimes the notifications don't show up when a message has been received unless I open the app. It's quite annoying because contacts think you're ignoring them.

Deleting the app and re installing it does not work. Updating both iOS and BBM software does not help either. I've searched the web but very few people seem to encounter this problem. Help would really be appreciated.

Note: all notification settings for the app are enabled under settings. Push notification for the app is also enabled.

The app alone chooses not to notify when a message is received
    04-06-14 01:16 PM
    I did a post on this pertaining to iOS 6, it may help at least in part... but I do know that iOS 7 has made some changes to background app behaviour and so on.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-ios.../#post10173038
    This ^
    04-06-14 01:46 PM
    This ^
    I tried this and the issue still persists.
    04-06-14 02:36 PM
    I tried this and the issue still persists.
    http://global.blackberry.com/secure/bbm-support/en.html

KK, try this
    04-06-14 03:40 PM