Question.
    I'm using a Z30 and have about 80 BBM contacts. Mix of BB10, Android and IOS.

Has anyone else noticed that the IOS users do not always receive their message? I don't think that BBM runs in the background on IOS. Do they need to launch the app to check messages?

Posted via CB10
    vincentkong likes this.
    06-20-17 10:11 AM
    I'm pretty sure that the latest builds of BBM have much improved this problem. When it first went cross-platform it was really bad for pushing notifications but I don't seem to have any problems with my iOS contacts anymore.

be sure that they are running the latest version and it shouldn't need to be open in order for them to receive notifications from the app.
    06-20-17 10:17 AM
    Thanks. I'll check. Just sent two BBM to two iOS Contacts. Grey checkmark

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 01:11 PM
    Lol this is one bug that the bbm developers will never be able to fix on iOS BBM. Its been there from day one and has contributed many users to delete the app as its handicapped. Seems okay on android and bb10 though.
    06-23-17 01:23 PM
    I agree. About 20% of my contacts are bb10, and then the rest are an even split of Android and IOS.. Droid users have no issues, IOS.... they have to launch the app and wait..

I really hate IOS...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 01:31 PM
    Yep, agreed, my contacts on iOS have this problem as well. I freaking hate it.

9800 - 9900 - Playbook - Q10 - Z10 - Passport
    06-25-17 10:30 PM
    Tried to BBM two IOS users today. Grey checkmark. One Sent me a BBM with no problems. I just can't reply.

I guess I have to get off BB10 and go Android to make this work now. Grrrr

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 09:53 AM
    All iOS contacts that were ok with trying it out would never respond to messages. Android works well with exception of the constant notification icon.

They later found out they missed messages and deleted the app because there was never activity. Unless the iOS user is an original BBM power user and has the app open throughout they day, it does seem to get demoted by the OS.

It's hard to have a reasonable "instant messenger" when there delays.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 10:01 AM
    All iOS contacts that were ok with trying it out would never respond to messages. Android works well with exception of the constant notification icon.

They later found out they missed messages and deleted the app because there was never activity. Unless the iOS user is an original BBM power user and has the app open throughout they day, it does seem to get demoted by the OS.

It's hard to have a reasonable "instant messenger" when there delays.

Posted via CB10
    Open not just with the other apps in the background like WhatsApp etc, but open and running actively just to get a frigging notification!

BBM has to be the worst coded app for iOS by any decent app making company.

To top it all their support guys over email have very poor command over English and simply refuse to accept bug reports by putting you in a continuous loop of do this and that... and then mark the case as resolved.

No wonder why nobody uses iOS BBM.
    07-09-17 07:50 PM