Hey everyone, I recently switched from an android device to a q5 and was astonished to find out that I could not share event invitations (presented as VCS files) to my android contacts.

Does anyone know a way around this? Do android users have the ability open VCS files?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:36 AM
    Hey everyone, I recently switched from an android device to a q5 and was astonished to find out that I could not share event invitations (presented as VCS files) to my android contacts.

Does anyone know a way around this? Do android users have the ability open VCS files?

VCS format is kind of orphaned. There is a newer vcalendar format, and an even more universally supported icalendar format. (All of which are basically modern versions of VCS)

BB10 supports icalendar invitations.

Apparently Android didn't support importing icalendar invitations (.ICS format) directly from email until about a year ago:

Gmail Now Lets You Add .ics Events Directly to Google Calendar

And according to that article, that only applies to the web version of Gmail, not the mobile version.

I don't know if anything has changed with that more recently. Here is an app that allows you to import icalendar invitations to the Google calendar on Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ols.icswrapper
    03-13-14 02:29 AM
    Thankyou for your wonderfully detailed response. I have had no issue inviting people to events through email (using an IMAP gmail account). Do you know of a way of changing the default file type that bb10 sends out through bbm and sms?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:32 AM
    I have had no issue inviting people to events through email (using an IMAP gmail account). Do you know of a way of changing the default file type that bb10 sends out through bbm and sms?

No, sorry. I honestly don't think I've ever tried to do a calendar invite via those communication methods.

I do know that if you're in a BBM group that has added calendar events, they automatically get added to your calendar unless you turn off visibility for that group's calendar via the "manage" menu in Calendar.
    03-16-14 07:21 AM