I haven't posted my pin anywhere and can't find it in a Google search... so how are people adding me to bbm like crazy? is this happening to anyone else? Is there a way I can block it?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:02 PM
    There are other way to send invitations, like using your BBID...

Could it be you have a 2nd hand device and the PIN has already been distributed by the previous owner?
    07-10-13 02:10 PM
    There are other way to send invitations, like using your BBID...

Could it be you have a 2nd hand device and the PIN has already been distributed by the previous owner?
    Brand new z10 bought first day of release in canada...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:28 PM
    Brand new z10 bought first day of release in canada...

Posted via CB10
    Well, can only give you conspiracy theories based on a fact... One of your app's dev may have leaked his user's PINs (on purpose/by accident) and now you're getting spammed.

I know devs can actually get yout PIN if the app is coded to get that info. I was plagued with PIN messages I couldn't block back on the 9780.

Other than this crazy idea, I have no idea what got you into this. :/
    07-10-13 02:48 PM
    Well, can only give you conspiracy theories based on a fact... One of your app's dev may have leaked his user's PINs (on purpose/by accident) and now you're getting spammed.

I know devs can actually get yout PIN if the app is coded to get that info. I was plagued with PIN messages I couldn't block back on the 9780.

Other than this crazy idea, I have no idea what got you into this. :/
    Yes I know it's possible to get the pin from a device I have developed apps before. This would be very unfortunate if it were the case. Guess I'll never know....thanks for your input

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:13 PM
    Yeah I am experiencing this for lack of a better word "bull****" for some time here's what I am getting... I'm pretty sure it's due to a app in be world called find friends... It's gone now maybe because I tweeted BlackBerry none stop about it but it was a random pin generator
    BBM invite spamming?!?!-img_00000688.png

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:44 PM
    Yeah I am experiencing this for lack of a better word "bull****" for some time here's what I am getting... I'm pretty sure it's due to a app in be world called find friends... It's gone now maybe because I tweeted BlackBerry none stop about it but it was a random pin generator
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000688.png 
Views:	319 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	181678

Posted via CB10
    That could very well be it....

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:55 PM
    I get a lot of request too. I ignore a lot of them but today I got one added the guy and he sent me a message asking who I was lol I said someone you just sent a friend request to lol he said he didn't send a request so I don't know. A Lot of mines are from people in other countries

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:04 PM
    It's really getting to me. My pin is mine to give shouldn't be able to do this and it's only since bb10 the issue has come to be. Had 15 or so BlackBerry in my days

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:58 PM
    If u have u r BlackBerry id as the same as ur regular email address, as long as ur email is with random people or ur friends, they can send a request to u. It is not an error at, it ur regular email id.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:39 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8644363

That's the thread i started about this issue 5+ weeks ago.

The app was called "random friend" and it was pulled out of BB World 1-2 weeks ago. But I have a feeling the people who already have it are still able to use it.
    07-11-13 11:51 PM