I was able to convinced 3 users to install BBM in their ios and android phones earlier this week. Registration goes well. However when it comes to inviting, problems starts to pop out which ends up frustrating my friends.

Firstly one of them send invites to all of us, but not all of us receive yhe invites. Secondly some accepted invites doesn't goes back to the inviting party, the one inviting still shows it is pending.

We did a lot of repeats and even change to the inviting party gets invited and still the same. Tried inviting by direct PIN and via barcode scan, still the same. Whats going on? the problem seems so random. I thought maybe let it pass a few days and it should work, unfortunately until now still the same problem.

This kind of problem makes ios and android users choose to use oyher messaging apps... we all end up ysing whatsapp and viber.

Z10 10.2.0.1767
    01-23-14 03:16 PM
    i had the same problem. do they happen to be iphone users? that is who i have had most trouble with.... android piece of cake, apple.. doesn't wanna work...

how i got it to work was i added there bbm pin to there contact info and invited that way and it worked...stupid apple
    01-24-14 11:47 AM
    Dont think the trick works... and theyre both android (majority) and ios users

Z10 10.2.0.1767
    01-24-14 05:40 PM
    Same here, my GF (BBOs7) accidentally deleted me from her contacts. She sent me invites - which I don't receive. I sent her invites which she doesn't receive. Frustrating.

Yes, she has BIS. And her bbm is working. She has a couple of contacts still pending though (2 months and still pending).

She and her friends are dumping their BBs for iPhones and Androids. I really wanted bbm to work, I like using bbm. But after this, its goodbye bbm.

Looks like this problem has been around for some time now. Even before they came out with the cross platform BBM. And blackberry doesn't have a clue how to fix it.

A simple function such as adding a contact shouldn't be such a hassle. I mean come on. Tsk. Tsk.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    02-03-14 02:58 PM
    Here is posted on BlackBerry tricks and tips.
    Tips & Tricks:
    How to quickly add contacts to BlackBerry Messenger
    Adding people to your BBM contact list is easier than ever.

Made a new friend? Have a new colleague? It's easy to add them to your BlackBerry� Messenger contact list. Simply scan their BBM? barcode with the camera on your BlackBerry� smartphone or let someone scan yours. You can also add contacts by using their PIN or email address.

Send text messages to contacts that don't have a BlackBerry smartphone? If your smartphone is running BlackBerry� Device Software 5.0 or later, you can add them to your BBM contact list also, so you don't have to keep switching between apps.

How to add people to your BBM contact list
    Adding a contact by scanning a barcode:
    To scan barcodes your BlackBerry smartphone must have a camera and BlackBerry Device Software 4.6 or later.
    When you add a contact by scanning a barcode, the person might need to accept your invitation before the person is added to your BBM contact list.

On the Home screen or in the Instant Messaging folder, click the BlackBerry
    Messenger icon.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Invite Contact.
    Click Invite by scanning a PIN barcode.
    If you are prompted, click Continue.
    Hold your device so that all four corners of the barcode appear on your device screen. Continue to hold the device until you hear the success beep.
    Displaying your profile barcode:
    When you display the barcode for your BBM profile on your device, other people can scan your barcode and add you to their BBM contact list. You must accept the person's invitation before you are added to the person's BBM contact list.

Messenger icon.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click View My Profile.
    In the PIN Barcode field, click Show.
    Adding a contact by typing an email address or PIN:
    When you add a contact by typing an email address or PIN, the person must accept your invitation before the person is added to your BBM contact list.

Messenger icon.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Invite Contact.
    Click Invite by sending a PIN or email message.
    Type part or all of the contact information.
    Click the contact information.
    If necessary, change the Send using field.
    If necessary, change the Category field.
    Click Send.
    Adding a contact that uses text messaging:
    To do this your BlackBerry smartphone must be running BlackBerry Device Software
    5.0 or later.

If you add a person who uses text messaging as a contact to BlackBerry Messenger, you can receive text messages from the person and you can send text messages to the person in BlackBerry Messenger. This feature allows you to send and receive text messages and instant messages from one application.

Depending on your wireless service plan, this feature might not be supported. Extra fees might apply for sending or receiving text messages.
    Messenger icon.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Invite Contact.
    Click Add a text messaging contact.
    Type part or all of the contact information.
    Click the contact information.
    If necessary, change the Category field.
    If necessary, type the name that you want to appear in your BBM contact list.
    Click Add Contact.
    For more information about text messaging in the BBM application, press the Menu key and then click Help.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:15 PM