As of late, BBM has become increasingly less reliable. Messages I send lag for over several minutes before the blue "D" shows to indicate the message has been delivered. Transferring pictures is even worse. I'll often get error messages resulting in the picture not being transferred. I have tried rebooting the phone but to no avail. BBM remains hit and miss. Sometimes messages go through instantly but most of the time they lag... Everything else on the phone works flawlessly tho. Could my BBM issues be specific to the unit I have even if everything else is working fine? I'm running the latest official version of BBM, the one that came out a few weeks ago...
    Last edited by MistahMan; 07-02-14 at 08:47 PM.
    rai187 likes this.
    06-30-14 04:36 PM
    How long have you had your device and when was the last time you wiped it clean? I know a lot of people DO NOT like the idea of wiping their device but realistically a good wipe every now and then fixes a lot of issues and this, from my personal experience, is certainly one of them.
    06-30-14 04:52 PM
    I have only had it for six months. Wipe already??
    06-30-14 08:22 PM
    Is this with other BlackBerry's, or with bbm on ios/android? (the receiver)

Posted with the beautiful white Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-30-14 08:25 PM
    I've been having the same problems as well.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-30-14 08:25 PM
    Only to non Blackberry contacts. If I BBM someone who has a Blackberry, it goes through with minimal delay.
    06-30-14 08:32 PM
    Yup.. me too..
    Sometimes old messages resurface especially in group messages.
    But sending and receiving personal messages works good.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    06-30-14 08:34 PM
    Only to non Blackberry contacts. If I BBM someone who has a Blackberry, it goes through with minimal delay.
    Yes this is actually a known error. The only known solution so far is to leave the bbm app open in both iOS and android. It's like BBM somehow stops working as soon as they close the app fully on their devices. That's why the delays happen, and pictures don't get sent. If they have the app open, messages get delivered almost as quick as a BlackBerry, and you will also be able to send pictures without an issue. At least that's something that I've noticed so far. Why it's implemented like this, I'm not very sure, although I do remember reading something on the lines of 'bbm not being fully integrated into ios/android because of security reasons'. Hopefully BlackBerry will fix this issue in a future update. But for now, as far as I know, there is no possible fix for the situation.

06-30-14 11:26 PM
    I have been wondering about that wipe advice. On the legacy OS, I would wipe maybe twice a year and restart my phone nightly.
    But with BB10, no one seems to give any advice on how often we should wipe and how often we should restart or do a battery pull (if ever).

Frosty white Q10/10.2.1.3247
    07-01-14 02:11 PM
    I've found that BBM to a BlackBerry or Android is zippy, but to iOS, it's hit and miss, which for an IM client, just about makes it worthless for that purpose...

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    07-01-14 08:36 PM
    Yes this is actually a known error. The only known solution so far is to leave the bbm app open in both iOS and android. It's like BBM somehow stops working as soon as they close the app fully on their devices. That's why the delays happen, and pictures don't get sent. If they have the app open, messages get delivered almost as quick as a BlackBerry, and you will also be able to send pictures without an issue. At least that's something that I've noticed so far. Why it's implemented like this, I'm not very sure, although I do remember reading something on the lines of 'bbm not being fully integrated into ios/android because of security reasons'. Hopefully BlackBerry will fix this issue in a future update. But for now, as far as I know, there is no possible fix for the situation.

Odd since when BBM first became available to IOS and Android, I didn't have those issues... It just started happening within the last two months.And It's like Carterbits said, if delivery of messages is not reliable, the app becomes pointless.
    07-02-14 02:05 PM
    I am having these issues too. So it's not HW problem but BBM problem. Their don't have good infrastructure for "too many" users probably.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 02:14 PM
    Odd since when BBM first became available to IOS and Android, I didn't have those issues... It just started happening within the last two months.And It's like Carterbits said, if delivery of messages is not reliable, the app becomes pointless.
    It started happening after an update actually. Can't remember what update it was though. But it's definitely not a problem in the OP's phone or BBM. He doesn't need to wipe his device if everything else is working properly. I agree, the app is pretty pointless if it's not reliable. I face this problem every now and then when I message my brother on android, and it really is annoying. I hope BlackBerry fixes this issue in the next update at least.

07-02-14 04:37 PM
    This happens to me when sending to iOS users. I have no problem when sending to Android users.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 04:40 PM
    Not getting this issue. Wondering if it's a regional problem

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-02-14 04:56 PM
    So from what I gather, basically BBM implementation on iPhone sucks A S S.

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    07-02-14 10:01 PM
    So from what I gather, basically BBM implementation on iPhone sucks A S S.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not seeing these issues when I message to iOS users. App on or off they get notified right away.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-02-14 10:56 PM