Straw Poll

The BBM improvement poll: I tried to make a list of issues I have seen mentioned around various communities about what should be addressed in future BBM updates.
    Since the community Sticker-effort seems to have paid off, I was thinking "why not take the same approach for other issues?"

So please take a moment and select a few (3-4?) features on the list you think would benefit BBM the most, and let's see if one or two issues pop out as the most prevalent. Maybe we can get those issues noticed and even resolved in the same way as with the Stickers.

(I know I missed some stuff, like multi-device BBM with the same BBID, but the idea here is that this won't be the last poll of its kind.)

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-18-14 07:51 PM
    AWESOME LIST
    Can you edit the poll?

Channel pics seem to be good quality to me(as long as the uploaded picture was good quality), it's display pics that are downscaled for no good reason.

Either way, that's a good list for now. Let's see how many things they get done

Edit: hmm, my vote doesn't seem to be registering
    Edit nvm it just took a minute
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 12-18-14 at 08:12 PM.
    12-18-14 08:00 PM
    I'd like to improve that font.
    12-18-14 09:41 PM
    You need to restrict people to the "top 5 (or 3)", otherwise you'll likely get a very uninformative poll result.

Anyway, I picked better chat history export/backup. Has to be the most important missing feature, even if you don't realize it yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:50 PM
    We should be able to password lock/protect BBM!

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    12-18-14 11:39 PM
    I know it's a touchy subject but: Stickers. Love them or hate them, with BBM's new 'be in control' mantra, we should be able to customize the order of the sticker packs and remove packs not wanted any longer in your collection. Why not the ability to make a favorites folder with your most used stickers from various packs? Also, if you don't like them, we should also have the ability to enable / disable stickers altogether.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-19-14 01:43 AM
    1. Security: End-To-End protection for private users
    2. Two stickers on Q10 take out whole conversation screen - I want option in BBM to remove/hide them completely. Not everyone here is a kid, some just want to communicate.
    12-19-14 04:47 AM
    1. Security: End-To-End protection for private users
    2. Two stickers on Q10 take out whole conversation screen - I want option in BBM to remove/hide them completely. Not everyone here is a kid, some just want to communicate.
    1) Always been there, and can't see it ever leaving. BBM Protected seems to have folks confused. It increases the current peer2peer security.

2) Here! Here!
    12-19-14 07:31 AM
    I want to be able to change the bbm contact photo at will for any of my bbm contacts or at least have the option to pair it with my contacts list.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:57 AM
    Nice Poll here's some more stuff to add to your poll.

1. File, media and location sharing in multi-person chats and Group Chats.

2. Timed messages and message retraction in multi-person chats and Group Chats.

3. Improved Channels sharing capabilities: Sharing Channels and articles within channels not only in individual chats not but in multi-person and Group Chats as well.

4. Improved Group Management: being able to change the name of the Group without having to delete it and start from scratch.

Mainly I'd like to see all the same options and features currently in individual chats, in multi-person and Group Chats as well.

Posted via CB10
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    12-20-14 10:38 AM
    Font size & emoticons on Android devices are terribly small & it is so difficult to read BBM messages. Please make bigger fonts for BBM or let us choose the font size.

Emoticons are way too tiny to know what they Are.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:01 AM
    Well heck!

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/

The BlackBerry Innovation Community
    Thank you for participating in The BlackBerry Innovation Community. Since we launched the Community in early 2014, it has been a rich source of feedback on products and services. Your contributions to discussions and market research studies have helped validate our ideas and assured us that we are on the right track with pending products and services.

As we prepare for 2015, we’ve decided to consolidate how we’re eliciting customer feedback to help us identify new opportunities.*

That means that we will be winding down The BlackBerry Innovation Community by December 23, 2014.*

While this forum will be coming to an end, you can continue our conversation through our other programs.

BlackBerry Beta Zone:*join and provide feedback*to help improve BlackBerry products and services
    Twitter:*follow us (@blackberry,*@blackberrynews, @blackberry4biz), stay abreast of the latest in BlackBerry news and engage in the discussion about our products and business
    Facebook:*like us, follow the latest news and provide commentary*
    Blogs: read and comment on*Inside BlackBerry
    Help:*for support and advice on existing BlackBerry products and services, see the*Inside BlackBerry Help Blog*or follow us at*@blackberryhelp*on Twitter
    Thank you for your feedback, ideas and support — and we hope to see you in our other channels!*

Sincerely,

The BlackBerry Innovation Community Team
    12-22-14 02:27 PM
    Yeah that's unfortunate! I will still keep track of any much requested features and will post them to the Beta Zone if they are not there yet.

I'll try and make a new poll in a few days with the best options so far. (can't hurt to at least keep it going for a while right?.)

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    BigBadWulf and nah.uhh like this.
    12-23-14 03:37 PM
    Never give up!!!
    12-23-14 03:43 PM
    My ideas to improve:

1. Way faster picture receiving!!!!

2. Adding a 'Recent used emoticons' tab into the keyboard.

3. After pressing an emoticon stay at the emoticons rather than switching back to the keyboard. Think about what happens if you want to send lots of kisses to your girlfriend /wife... it takes ages now.

4. Make the BBM faster!

01-17-15 07:34 AM
    My ideas to improve:

1. Way faster picture receiving!!!!

2. Adding a 'Recent used emoticons' tab into the keyboard.

3. After pressing an emoticon stay at the emoticons rather than switching back to the keyboard. Think about what happens if you want to send lots of kisses to your girlfriend /wife... it takes ages now.

4. Make the BBM faster!

Lol if u have a wife and u have written gf/wife, then ur wife should see this ;p

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 07:39 AM
    Lol if u have a wife and u have written gf/wife, then ur wife should see this ;p

Posted via CB10
    That's what you take out of that post?
    Oh dear.

01-17-15 10:01 AM
    Load at oldest unread message feature should be NO.1

Its the main reason most of my friends shunn BBM in our groups chats.

How can it have so little votes. Dont you guys have busy group chats?

BTW. Want to see BBM explode? Have phone numbers as a contact adding OPTION.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:56 PM
    I can no longer delete sent request and when I send requests to invite people to my channel it no longer works every since the updates

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    01-21-15 11:45 AM
    Add a non-recurring calendar-timed or selectably time-deferred message option to two-person, multi-person, & group chats. Message gathering & alerts are already handled by general phone features such as bedtime mode & automatic phone power off/power on.

Make list names editable by at least the administrator (& at best, an administrator check list of authorized list editors). Currently, one must start a list from scratch just to change the name of the list.

I second that notion for invitations by phone numbers as another option.

Adding invites is currently confusing when confirming someone who has accepted an initial invitation or when responding to the invitation.

How do we put others' or our own list of apps in BBM to use?? How do we add more apps that we already have to this list (as applies to apps that could tie into BBM)?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 01:57 AM
    Oh! The add by phone # option IS there. Instead of using suggested contacts, press the add contact button up top & add contacts via SMS.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:13 AM
    They need to move to timed message icon, it's way to easy to accidentally hit

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 05:50 PM
    They need to move to timed message icon, it's way to easy to accidentally hit

Posted via CB10
    I agree... it's never a feature that I actually used so I disabled the feature. You can turn it on or off in settings.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-22-15 08:31 PM
    Oh! The add by phone # option IS there. Instead of using suggested contacts, press the add contact button up top & add contacts via SMS.

Posted via CB10
    I think you have misunderstood our friend's earlier post. What he means is that instead of finding who amongst your friends have BBM using an email address, BBM should use phone number to detect who on your phone book has BBM & then suggest that you add him or her.

Currently 9 out of 10 of my friends don't store email addresses of their contacts in their phones. That's why they cannot find their other friends using BBM. So to these people the current way to find their friends is useless.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:30 AM
    Nice Poll here's some more stuff to add to your poll.

1. File, media and location sharing in multi-person chats and Group Chats.

2. Timed messages and message retraction in multi-person chats and Group Chats.

3. Improved Channels sharing capabilities: Sharing Channels and articles within channels not only in individual chats not but in multi-person and Group Chats as well.

4. Improved Group Management: being able to change the name of the Group without having to delete it and start from scratch.

Mainly I'd like to see all the same options and features currently in individual chats, in multi-person and Group Chats as well.

Posted via CB10
    Yupp agree on this one to have the same feature in groups as in individual chats

On Classic
    01-29-15 04:46 AM
26 12