• Yes, I would pay a monthly fee for a predetermined plan

0 0%
  • Yes, I would pay a one time fee for a premium predetermined service

0 0%
  • Yes but I would like to be able to pay in increments for the storage I need

0 0%
  • No, BBM should step up to the competition without charging a penny

2 100.00%
    Comparing with another IM apps BBM has some strong points and some weaknesses, one of the most common weakness between some of my friends for going BBM all the way is the limitations on file sharing in BBM groups.

With that in mind and looking at the current structure of a BBM group, with the screen divided in four parts, chats, lists, pictures and calendar it occurred to me that the picture part may be renamed and converted to a File Sharing part, on which you may upload any kind of file and this may be a free service plus a premium service.

Let me explain the last point, free service you will get as any other cloud service a limitation on how much data you can upload and the file size, there after you may get a premium service with more data storage capacity and larger files admitted.

Not considering the costs of implementation for BB and technical limitations, let's say the capacity to do this comes free for BB, without putting a price on the service, let's just say it will be the most fair price on the market (I want to take out of this debate the financial and technical implications, just see if there would be space for this service in BBM world)... here comes the question:

Would you pay for this service?
    If yes
    • Would you pay a monthly fee for a predetermined plan
    • Would you pay a one time to have just a premium group or groups with one general plan
    • Would you like to purchase additional capacity as needed in predetermined increments

Or No, this must be improved to the competition level without charges.

Consider that maybe you buy a cloud space and that space may be shared with several groups you own.

Let me know your thoughts, if people buy stickers in another IM platforms wouldn't people buy something more useful as storage space and have a nice file sharing app?
    02-17-14 04:24 PM
    So the TL;DR is - Would I pay for cloud storage that is integrated with BBM Groups (one reason to facilitate file transfers) Correct?
    02-17-14 05:11 PM
    So the TL;DR is - Would I pay for cloud storage that is integrated with BBM Groups (one reason to facilitate file transfers) Correct?
    Yes, to be able to share not just pictures but any kind of file.
    02-17-14 05:20 PM
    Then probably not. It's easy enough to share photos in a group, but unless BB plans on tying into an existing cloud service, I couldn't be less interested. Between all the cloud accounts I have, I don't need another proprietary service that works with just BBM, even if it was free. I can't see them charging me for accessing one of my accounts either, so I am not sure what would be the point.

I thought BlackBerry was coming out with their own cloud service (for BB users), and if not, why can't they just fix BBM so that file transfers work?
    02-17-14 05:27 PM
    Then probably not. It's easy enough to share photos in a group, but unless BB plans on tying into an existing cloud service, I couldn't be less interested. Between all the cloud accounts I have, I don't need another proprietary service that works with just BBM, even if it was free. I can't see them charging me for accessing one of my accounts either, so I am not sure what would be the point.

I thought BlackBerry was coming out with their own cloud service (for BB users), and if not, why can't they just fix BBM so that file transfers work?
    Just photos, but many of my friends complain about not been able to share video and voice notes on BBM groups, so why not taking it further with any kind of file.

I thought the cloud services of BB is something about BES managing, didn't know they were coming with anything like Dropbox for the common users, but that would be great, if you know something about it let me know that's definitely something BB should have if they can.

Anyway I agree that paid or not they must step up with group functionality at least to the pair of Whatsapp, even though I think BBM groups structure is better.
    02-17-14 05:44 PM
    Buy a VPN.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:51 PM