My apologies if this is directly addressed by another thread already. If so, feel free to link this to that thread, but I can't find one that solely addresses this specific issue.

So far, BBM Groups does not provide D and R notifications within the Group Chat. I understand this a simple D and R system may be clumsy for a Group Chat, therefore a perfectly acceptable solution would be to simply list the names of the people who have seen the message, just like in Facebook (and even just showing a D perhaps once a message has been delivered to all devices in the group instead of individual delivery messages). At the end of the day, people will consider the read or seen notification to be the important one, so BlackBerry needs to least implement that, even if a delivery solution isn't available at first.

Does anybody know if BlackBerry is planning to implement this soon, and if so, are they actually working on it? This is a key feature that is likely keeping many people from making BBM their primary IM platform, especially those on iOS or Android. Several of my friends on iOS and Android find that annoying enough to ignore BBM, and I'm sure there are many other groups of people like this.

I've seen several other threads somewhat address this issue along with others, but it would be nice to have someone knowledgeable on the topic narrow in on this issue alone and provide some insight.

Thank you.
    -kw9700
    02-11-15 09:49 PM
    the new beta has these options i believe. I installed it yesterday and haven't really had a chance to test everything out yet. But i think that's part of the improvements. I could be wrong. I barely read the description and just loaded it. So I can report back after testing.
    02-12-15 07:40 AM
    How did testing go? haha (Aug 2017 and it still doesn't have it), (I randomly came across this post after more than two and a half years and had a laugh)
    08-30-17 06:43 PM