I have been using BBM for sometime now. The group feature is really good. However, I'm not able to send a document to my group.

In order to do so ( I think this is the way) I need to invite individually each member and share the document to each member.

Is there an alternate way to do this in BBM groups?. I do not want to use other apps like Whatsapp. I'm used to BBM and want to use it effectively. There will be situations where even a presentation or a video file needs to be shared in the group.

Currently, it works fine for pictures. (though in order to access it I need to switch the window).

Posted via my Z30
    01-20-14 02:28 AM
    I have been using BBM for sometime now. The group feature is really good. However, I'm not able to send a document to my group.

In order to do so ( I think this is the way) I need to invite individually each member and share the document to each member.

Is there an alternate way to do this in BBM groups?. I do not want to use other apps like Whatsapp. I'm used to BBM and want to use it effectively. There will be situations where even a presentation or a video file needs to be shared in the group.

Currently, it works fine for pictures. (though in order to access it I need to switch the window).

Posted via my Z30
    What kind of document do you mean? Like Word, Excel?
    01-20-14 08:35 AM
    Yes..word excel, ppt etc..

Posted via my Z30
    01-20-14 09:20 AM
    You can't via groups currently.

However it is a great idea imo. Would love to see a move to real time office document collaboration capability in bbm groups.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-20-14 02:18 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry express app is a good option. Sending through email works fine. The export file is in Html format.

Posted via my Z30
    01-22-14 11:31 AM
    How would posting a link to the file on your box account? Just a thought

Reg leaked 10.2.1.1925. Q10
    01-22-14 07:27 PM
    yeah, put the document up on your box or dropbox account and post the link to a thread in the BBM group
    01-23-14 06:19 PM
    Yep. ..drop box and box are good methods of doing that

Posted via my Z30
    03-02-14 10:14 AM
    Box & Dropbox are good but awkward ways to do this I. Group chats as you find that you need to put it on box or Dropbox & then share this link & then copy & paste the link to the group chat.

Long, tedious & awkward way of sharing .

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 01:11 PM