My husband and I are having the same problem and it is extremely frustrating. We both have Z10s. Once the app gets "stuck" it never fixes itself. Occasionally it doesn't work right from the get-go and it will show the map for Seattle, with no blue indicator. I am extremely disappointed that this feature doesn't work better. We've been trying to use it multiple times a week for quite a while now and it's functioned properly ONCE. We've tried resetting our phones, accessing BBM from the hub and also opening the app directly to view the Glympse, expiring and resending the invite, nothing has worked. We've checked all our location permissions and GPS settings. Sometimes it will even show an old location from a previous day. Why on earth is there no way to manually refresh or trigger an update request on the viewer's end? Better yet, why the crap can't it just work like it's suppose to in the first place. I've been a loyal BlackBerry user for 10+ years but this poor quality experience with what could be a very useful feature is really pissing me off. There are no help FAQs for BBM support on the Glympse website but I filed a problem ticket anyway. It's been a week, no help or suggestions so far. Maybe if others did as well it would get someone's attention. Would love to give Blackberry some pointed feedback about this issue but not sure where to do so. This needs to be addressed, pronto.
    quik4life likes this.
    03-08-14 06:28 AM
    @Taoberry: I totally agree with everything you wrote! I hate how this useful feature seems to work flawlessly on BBM for iOS and Android, but NOT on BB10.

I think what upsets me more is that if it's a known issue, why hasn't CB mentioned it or looked into it???!!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 07:18 AM
    My husband and I are having the same problem and it is extremely frustrating. We both have Z10s. Once the app gets "stuck" it never fixes itself. Occasionally it doesn't work right from the get-go and it will show the map for Seattle, with no blue indicator. I am extremely disappointed that this feature doesn't work better. We've been trying to use it multiple times a week for quite a while now and it's functioned properly ONCE. We've tried resetting our phones, accessing BBM from the hub and also opening the app directly to view the Glympse, expiring and resending the invite, nothing has worked. We've checked all our location permissions and GPS settings. Sometimes it will even show an old location from a previous day. Why on earth is there no way to manually refresh or trigger an update request on the viewer's end? Better yet, why the crap can't it just work like it's suppose to in the first place. I've been a loyal BlackBerry user for 10+ years but this poor quality experience with what could be a very useful feature is really pissing me off. There are no help FAQs for BBM support on the Glympse website but I filed a problem ticket anyway. It's been a week, no help or suggestions so far. Maybe if others did as well it would get someone's attention. Would love to give Blackberry some pointed feedback about this issue but not sure where to do so. This needs to be addressed, pronto.
    Where did you raise your support ticket?

Z10 until Z30
    03-08-14 07:19 AM
    Aha...

BBM Glympse Bug-img_20140308_132029.png

Z10 until Z30
    quik4life and 00stryder like this.
    03-08-14 07:21 AM
    have you actually read this thread?

there's a fix to this by leaving the BBM App open in active frame.

One thing I've observed is that the tracking will stop once we close BBM. Try leave it on active frame.
    03-08-14 11:56 AM
    have you actually read this thread?

there's a fix to this by leaving the BBM App open in active frame.
    Nope, not true. It's totally random.

Z10 until Z30
    03-08-14 12:05 PM
    Yes, I have read the entire thread. The one time it did work properly was by leaving it in an active frame. However if I do anything else with my phone -- take a call, use the browser, OR use bbm for any purpose that requires backing out of the map screen, i.e. reading chats or messaging with someone, etc. then the updating stops and it does not resume when I reopen the Glympse invite. So the only way to keep it going is to essentially be locked out of all my other phone services & features. I don't know that this is even truly a reliable workaround as I haven't been able to do this (leave the map screen in active frame and use nothing else on my phone) more than once because I cannot control when I'll have an incoming call. Therefore, no, it is not a solution for us -- and in any case, the active frame workaround doesn't seem to work at all for some others.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 12:46 PM
    @g33kphr33k I filed a help request ticket through the Glympse website. If you read the FAQs there apparently there was a similar issue with iOS not updating that has since been fixed, something about the background process being terminated. Sounds like we have a similar issue. However, BlackBerry was not mentioned at all in the support side of the site so until I spotted this forum I had no idea if anyone else was having issues. When Crackbetry wrote about Glympse as a new feature I read through the comments and nothing was said about having troubles but perhaps it was too new at that point for people to realize the issue and mention it.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 12:53 PM
    The Glympse code will be built in to our BBM or at least be controlled/launched by it so it'll be down the the BBM team doing some code work with the Glympse devs.

It looks like BlackBerry are already on the case.

Z10 until Z30
    03-08-14 04:10 PM
    Thanks! Was that a reply you received directly from BlackBerry or in a forum? Just wondering where this was posted, do you have a link? Are they saying bbm will be down for a little while?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 04:40 PM
    Thanks! Was that a reply you received directly from BlackBerry or in a forum? Just wondering where this was posted, do you have a link? Are they saying bbm will be down for a little while?

Posted via CB10
    I got that reply in "beta zone" app, under discussion, BBM for BlackBerry 10, General.

Z10 until Z30
    03-09-14 03:35 AM
    Yup, just tried it and same issue. My wife is on Z10, I am on Z30. It worked great at first, until she came down a steep hill main road, that is notorious for dropping cell phone calls, and not surprisingly, gps signals.

It just froze and remained there till she got home. Couldn't/Wouldn't reconnect to her phone to update.

Its a shame, potentially useful feature. Hope they fix it.
    03-12-14 02:53 PM
    Same experience here.
    Wife is on Z10 and I'm using Z30. Her Glympse stopped updating and never recovered or updated.

I'm guessing she left BBM open at least as an active frame and she also had her Z10 in its ProClip charging windshield mount so I can't imagine that it lost contact with satellites or cell tower signals (well covered area with strong signal).

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:05 PM
    I have this problem. Gympse was shipped shipped early.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 08:23 AM
    My gf with a Z10 Glympsed me today and it worked perfectly. I went in and out of the chat and the tracking picked up where it left off.

But everytime my brother and I try to Glympse each other (we both have Q10s) it gets stuck if we leave the chat and go back in.

Weird. Hope it gets fixed. I need this feature to be 100% reliable, because I usually relate the word "reliable" with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:49 PM
    Not having that issue here, my only gripe is that it displays my speed in mph and not km/h.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 08:00 PM
    Another Q10 to Q10 Glympse failure. Have tried it all including reboots, active frame, etc. Nothing works. Sometimes the location is hundreds of miles away. Cell coverage is good, Glympse is simply not updating. This needs to be fixed yesterday!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:49 AM
    Works fine on my end everytime

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    03-27-14 11:30 PM
    Same problem here with my Z30. Though it works most of the time, my girlfriend with her Q10 often sees me stuck somewhere along the way. I had my friend install it on his Android phone and he has seen me stuck as well. I didn't try the other way around though.

At first I thought it was a bug when you were standing still for too long, because it was happening quite often in this situation, but it had happened while on the highway. Go figure. It is a very useful feature, and I hope they can fix this soon so they can concentrate on developing new features instead of fixing.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q5
    03-28-14 12:04 AM
    Tried mine out for the first time today. I had to make a few stops around town, then pick up my 11 year old son. He kept phoning every 5 minutes and I was busy, so I told him to grab his ipod and we could use glimpse. I started it with an hour. I went a rogers store, Best buy, over to West Edmonton Mall underground parking, then to pick him up.

He thought it was so cool to watch. He said he seen me at every place I went, stop at lights, and park. Ha. He said when I came out of the mall and back into the covered parking it stopped for a couple minutes. As soon as I drove out he watched me driving and was ready when I got there.

It is such a great tool for these situations. I have my whole family using it, 6 of us.

Posted via CB10
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    03-28-14 12:26 AM
    I thought their was an update option

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:10 AM
    I have been using it quite a bit the last couple days. I have had it freeze twice. Both times it froze was from me losing service. I pressed update and it reset it. Not sure why it does it.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:58 AM
    I have been using it quite a bit the last couple days. I have had it freeze twice. Both times it froze was from me losing service. I pressed update and it reset it. Not sure why it does it.

Posted via CB10
    Where is this update button?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:29 AM
    Sorry, I meant an update to location, maybe the time expired on some of the location, which is why location didn't update while moving.. I have not had any problems

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:38 AM
    Updated to the latest BBM hoping the Glympse issue would be fixed, but I'm still experiencing the same problem.

Really sucks... I reached out to @BBM with no response. At least if they acknowledged the problem I'd feel much better.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:01 PM
57 123