I thought I'd post a short list of features I'd like to see come to BBM that haven't been mentioned in the media yet. I'd love to hear what else you guys would like to see.

1) Photo Albums - this is a must for BBM Channels. I'd like to see BBM expand into an improved Facebook alternative, with photo albums, and various ways of sharing pics securely. Locked image sharing would be great. By this I mean being able to disable pic saving from other devices.

2) live video chat within Channels - it would be great to be able to broadcast from within your personal channel or corporate channel and hold live video chat sessions with followers. I'm sure this would be hard to engineer, but I reckon the BBM Brains can manage it.

3) YouTube or other video integration - it would be great as well to be able to post videos etc, just like in Facebook.

4) Horizontal scrolling - by this I mean being able to navigate sideways through a post of feed for more information, interaction, etc. Jumping back to the original point in the feed could be a click or swipe away. This would be more like the BlackBerry 10 experience, and would mean not having to go into separate channels and come back out them to move on.

5) NFC/Wifi Chat - i don't even know if this one is possible...imagine being in a coffee shop and seeing a cute girl. You could flip on NFC or something, and BlackBerry users who had the option open would pop up. You could then post a short (limited to a few words?) message saying she has a secret admirer and let her try to figure out who the hell is sending the message - all without having exchanged a pin or a number or anything. Again, I'm not holding my breath for this one. I just think it would be cool as hell. Lots of room for being annoying as well, but again the option could be switched off. The idea is of being able to communicate with someone without previous contact at all. A lot of room for abuse on this feature, but potentially really cool too.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:30 PM
    That number four sounds very interesting!!!
    Loc22 likes this.
    01-18-14 04:10 PM
    Number 5 i think wikitude used to do this in bbos7 but wasn't that famous
    Loc22 likes this.
    01-18-14 04:20 PM
    Great ideas, hopefully we can see some in future BBM updates.
    01-18-14 04:24 PM
    I'd love to hear some ideas from others as well. BBM seems to have such tremendous potential...it's bound to be interesting/frustrating/wonderful to see how things mature...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 04:29 PM
    I

5) NFC/Wifi Chat - i don't even know if this one is possible...imagine being in a coffee shop and seeing a cute girl. You could flip on NFC or something, and BlackBerry users who had the option open would pop up. You could then post a short (limited to a few words?) message saying she has a secret admirer and let her try to figure out who the hell is sending the message - all without having exchanged a pin or a number or anything. Again, I'm not holding my breath for this one. I just think it would be cool as hell. Lots of room for being annoying as well, but again the option could be switched off. The idea is of being able to communicate with someone without previous contact at all. A lot of room for abuse on this feature, but potentially really cool too.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I have this is really great. I know this feature used to be available in Wikitude but when it was available there was no BBM cross platform so there was no body to chat with. Maybe now it could be different & probably add value too.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:36 AM
    My suggestions are ;

1. To implement all the features of one to one chat in BBM to multi person chats & Group chats as well. I'm referring to things like sharing pictures including animated gif, videos, files, locations .

2. Have group video chats like in Hangout.

3. Allow participants to be able to accept or confirm attendance in events or calendars.

4. Increase the group limitation to at least 100 or 150 to cater for bigger group chats.

5. Implement the 'D' & 'R' in groups and multi person chats.

6. Be able to delete certain messages.

7. Allow stickers to be integrated or sold as an in app application within BBM.

8. Animated emoticons with sounds like what we used to have in Yahoo Messenger.

9. Share files, pictures, videos with people around you without adding them to your BBM contact list, similar to iPhones air drop.

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    01-19-14 12:52 AM
    Ok well i have mentioned this to Jeff Gadway, and he agreed that it was a great idea. The idea is a built in Gif creator/ maker. Hear me out ok, this feature would be really nice to have, since channels really praises gifs. Plus, it will give BBM Channels that one special feature that people will rave about. Instagram has photos with the filters, vine 6 second clips, snapchat disposable photos, and now BBM Channels with a built in gif maker. Well thats my 2 cents and hopefully Jeff passed my idea down to the BBM team and we see this feature.
    01-19-14 12:59 AM
    My suggestions are ;

1. To implement all the features of one to one chat in BBM to multi person chats & Group chats as well. I'm referring to things like sharing pictures including animated gif, videos, files, locations .

2. Have group video chats like in Hangout.

3. Allow participants to be able to accept or confirm attendance in events or calendars.

4. Increase the group limitation to at least 100 or 150 to cater for bigger group chats.

5. Implement the 'D' & 'R' in groups and multi person chats.

6. Be able to delete certain messages.

7. Allow stickers to be integrated or sold as an in app application within BBM.

8. Animated emoticons with sounds like what we used to have in Yahoo Messenger.

9. Share files, pictures, videos with people around you without adding them to your BBM contact list, similar to iPhones air drop.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like data hog, would you willing to pay 15 to 20 dollar per month? (based on 3 to 4 times data usage compare to the current setting assume compressed bis 5 dollars per month). Just wondering. Thx in advance for your reply.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:20 AM
    new contact notification appears in status update, like x now connected with y.

Sometimes sent from my iPad
    01-19-14 09:29 AM
    Sounds like data hog, would you willing to pay 15 to 20 dollar per month? (based on 3 to 4 times data usage compare to the current setting assume compressed bis 5 dollars per month). Just wondering. Thx in advance for your reply.

Posted via CB10
    Where I am most people get 3 - 6 GB data usage a month & if you do finish using your allocated data they will just step down the speed of your data connection.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:13 AM
    I see, what you think if you group chat 100 people via video? How slow it would be if everybody on the network using 10% of their time to do so (forget the one on one chat the boy dated the girl that never get off the line). The back bone of network bandwidth need to be there, and believe me, someone will pay for it one way or the other. (unless your government is subsidize network to promote broadband usage - deploy nation wide super network, which most likely, not going to happen in USA -just my personal opinion) .

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:20 AM
    In extreme case, if disaster happen, everybody 100% in a small cell want to video chat to let their 100 contacts know they are ok, how slow that would be? That is why the tweet shining on the Hudson River. Not a single dynamic video in real time transmitted.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:24 AM
    Now i see where you guys are getting at in terms of the video chat & the bandwidth. Well maybe for video chat it is not so critical to have 100 people to be able to be online at 1 time. I think this is pretty impossible a feat.

I belong to a group of people who have a group chat & we will share information & ask questions on difficulties that we face in our work & whenever a question is asked many participants will contribute whenever they are available. So sometimes the response maybe immediate but sometimes it takes a few minutes. Unfortunately we can only limit ourselves to let 50 of us to participate at one time via WhatsApp. If we have more features in Group Chat or multi person chats then there is a reason for me to recommend them to switch to BBM. Currently none of the 100+ members are on BBM ... so there is another 100 converts I'm looking at here :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 11:57 AM
    Very interesting ideas!
    I keep deleting channels so far though...still have to find something useful to make me think channels is not a stillborn baby...

Q1o
    01-19-14 06:59 PM
    01-21-14 12:34 PM
    I would like to see a PTT feature (real time) added to BBM. Who doesn't like walkie talkies? Haha

Posted from my Bad *** Z30
    01-24-14 04:50 PM
    My pet hate is that when you use the "email chat" function, it doesn't include the date/time stamps on each chat entry, the same as it does in the UI. So when I email the chat to myself for my records, it's useless with no time stamps

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:49 AM
    Embedded (Google?) translator capabilities. When communicating with my Spanish speaking friends, I sometimes go back to Google translator for verification..

Posted via CB10
    Loc22 likes this.
    01-26-14 08:29 AM
    Some nice ideas were mentioned here. I think Channels could be a great social networking with some more features and off course more users. The picture folder feature mentioned by the op is a good idea.

Some other feature requests:
    - sharing all kind of files
    - no file size limitation
    - no group limits
    - pictures, videos, YouTube chat integration in groups
    - maybe a vine like video feature for groups
    - video broadcast for groups / channels
    - video group chat for 3 or 4 people
    - all features cross platform
    - playing games over BBM cross platform (chess, battle ships,...)
    - a 'people near to you' feature

Posted via CB10
    LopeZ10 likes this.
    01-26-14 10:04 AM
    I like the people near you feature. Tried to use this in We Chat yesterday :-) didn't get good results but perhaps BlackBerry can with integration of Wikitude again to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 10:56 AM
    Two Most Wanted features in BBM for iOS and Android..

1. Enter Key for goto next line.
    2. Broadcast List Making.

Please as soon as possible, whatsapp already offering both.
    03-03-14 05:57 PM
    *Push to Talk. And better quality audio clips.

*Trusted Contacts do not need to accept to receive anything.

*BBM username search.

10-Q Very Much.
    04-03-14 01:33 AM
    If I had a couple things I could request it would be these (though I know at least a few have been mentioned already):

1. Hangouts-esque video / audio conferencing. This would not necessarily be in groups, but certainly in multi-person chats.

2. Be able to gift things like Stickers. I love some of the sticker options. Not everyone I know will pay for them.

3. Fully integrate regular SMS into BBM, similar to how Google Hangouts now deals with SMS messages. I do know that it is partly because of the fact that the hub for BB10 does a superior job of managing all messages from IM clients to email to app notifications to SMS that we will not likely see this feature, bit I am certain it would go a long way towards helping integrate it even deeper into BB10.

4. Completely equal capabilities over all platforms (right now only BlackBerry devices can video chat, everything else is voice only).

5. An increased share size from 16 MB to a flexing system of 25 MB over the cellular data network and 100- 200 MB for when both parties are on a Wi-Fi connection. Now I can understand wanting to be able to send larger files, but hear me out: first of all, those files take time to send and eat into my data plan, along with the data plan of whomever I am sending information to. 25 MB is a reasonable size for a short HD Video clip at any resolution, and 100 is good for a longer video when you're at home and want to share that video of Christmas with other members of the family over BBM. It also at least tries to help combat piracy. If there were fully unlimited file sizes in data transfers, many people would be using BBM as a means to send back and forth full albums of digital music and copyrighted video content. This is something BlackBerry I'm sure would prefer to avoid. They don't need to become the next major Peer-to-Peer network to get sued by big film studios and music production houses / the artists.

6. The ability to use BBM as the messaging front end for other chats such as Yahoo messenger, Google Talk / Hangouts, Skype, etc. Not likely to happen but hey a man could wish right?

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    04-03-14 02:21 AM
    Push to talk. This would be amazing

Group chat. Show where the last message you read. Not where the group currently is.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 03:04 PM