For everyone of our BBMe users, BlackBerry has just rolled out the update to the BBMe application.
    You should see Android and Desktop being available with iOS availability subject to accustomed Apple approval.

For the full list of features, please head to https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...c1532607724961

Here is the run-down:

All:

Favorite messages
    Forward additional messages types
    Manually verify keys with a contact
    Exchange keys using a passphrase (regardless of the enabled passphrase exchange mode)

Android specific (addition to the above):
    Record and send videos in a chat

iOS specific (addition to the above):
    Zoom into screen share

Desktop specific (addition to the above):

Pin conversations to top of chat list
    Refer to specific group chat participants using @ mentions
    Send and receive timed messages
    Mute group chat
    Allow only group chat administrators to edit chat subject
    06-18-19 10:28 AM
    Love it!! Great update!

"Manual verification of encryption key".

If you can add message auto-destruct in the next update, you'll have a complete package!

Well done.
    elfabio80 and jamesharmeling like this.
    06-18-19 10:31 AM
    RIGHT ON!!!!!
    this makes BBME even Better!!!
    phenomenal update!
    Thanks Blackberry Team, and Denis Fedotenko!!!!!
    06-18-19 10:59 AM
    Also I see new features, like MUTE individual chats, and many more!!!
    great!! 10/10
    06-18-19 11:02 AM
    Something the new update removed is the ability to use keyboard input to produce the old BBM emojis. I was able to produce original emojis by typing =)) etc. Now it just shows and sends keystrokes.

But the rest is good.
    06-18-19 11:24 AM
    "Refer to specific group chat participants using @ mentions"

Thank you!
    06-18-19 11:35 AM
    Love it!! Great update!

If you can add message auto-destruct in the next update, you'll have a complete package!

Well done.
    To be specific, self-destruct messages are available as timed messages on all platforms now including desktop.

What is exactly you are missing @conite, for everyone's benefit here.
    06-18-19 11:55 AM
    To be specific, self-destruct messages are available as timed messages on all platforms now including desktop.

What is exactly you are missing @conite, for everyone's benefit here.
    I'm referring to a post self-destruct timer on a per chat basis - something like Signal and Telegram has. You can set it to any time between 1 second and 1 week.

It would prevent people from accessing your chats if they have the device in their possession. Much like the Apple case from a couple of years ago. By the time they break in, the chat is already gone without requiring the user's input it all.
    06-18-19 12:00 PM
    I'm referring to a post self-destruct timer on a per chat basis - something like Signal and Telegram has. You can set it to any time between 1 second and 1 week.
    To be specific, you mean the feature that's already available to full enterprise customers be made available for Prosumers, right?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-19 12:04 PM
    To be specific, you mean the feature that's already available to full enterprise customers be made available for Prosumers, right?

Posted via CB10
    Correct. Although the feature offered currently is not on a per chat basis - it's a general setting.
    06-18-19 12:06 PM

It would prevent people from accessing your chats if they have the device in their possession. Much like the Apple case from a couple of years ago. By the time they break in, the chat is already gone without requiring the user's input it all.
    Thank you! Understood.
    06-18-19 12:20 PM
    Many thanks to Denis and all his colleagues.

As some of us have often written, you are doing a very good job. The new update is another step towards optimizing the BBMe. Take your time for further development. Basics before speed.

And not every request you receive is really important for the majority of users. This includes more Emoijs and also - sorry Conite - a self-destruct timer for my chats. These wishes are a nice to have and no must have. But this is only my opinion.

Again: The BBMe is a great messenger that gets better and better.
    06-18-19 12:29 PM
    And not every request you receive is really important for the majority of users. This includes ... a self-destruct timer for my chats.
    [Citation needed]

I'm only interested in bringing the security up to par with other free offerings. If it's not, it will be a tough sell when the bills start coming in.
    06-18-19 12:41 PM
    Love it!! Great update!

Well done.
    A message timer is included since the beginning.
    06-18-19 12:44 PM
    A message timer is includes since the beginning.
    Not the same thing at all - not even close. The point is to have a message auto-destruct without user input.

See BBMe (full), Telegram, Signal, and Threema.

In any event, this thread is about the positives.
    06-18-19 12:44 PM

You can set timer for destruct in Timed Messages feature, no need for 'private chat'' feature.
    06-18-19 12:47 PM
    You can set timer for destruct in Timed Messages feature, no need for 'private chat'' feature.
    Grrr. Not even close to the same thing. See above.

Messages need to be deleted without user input. This is critical if the device falls into another person's hands.

BBMe (full) has this feature. To me, it's the only significant missing piece of the security puzzle.
    06-18-19 12:48 PM
    what a great update!!
    And great BBMe times ahead!
    thanks Blackberry!!!!!
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-18-19 12:48 PM
    I know, you're reffering to 'private chat' option like in old BBM.
    It would be cool, but not too necessary, if u use Timed Messages, you can auto destruct 'sensitive content' messages.
    I am sure that feature you are talking about also will be impemented in future...
    But now is time to be very possitive, since it is more than Obvious that Blackberry is Serious about BBMe for individual use and it will (as it is already) be BEST MSG app ever!
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-18-19 12:51 PM
    I know, you're reffering to 'private chat' option like in old BBM.
    No, I'm not.

I'm taking about the feature available on BBMe (full), Signal, Telegram, and Threema - the ability to set a post expiry time within each existing chat.
    06-18-19 12:52 PM
    Private chat in BBM would self destruct after 1min of no usage.
    06-18-19 12:53 PM
    Not the same thing at all - not even close. The point is to have a message auto-destruct without user input.

See BBMe (full), Telegram, Signal, and Threema.

In any event, this thread is about the positives.
    If you tap on the flag with the settings wheel under the line where you put in your message you find a clock. Alter the time you choose the message distroys itself.
    06-18-19 12:53 PM
    If you tap on the flag with the settings wheel under the line where you put in your message you find a clock. Alter the time you choose the message distroys itself.
    Not the same thing.

Like the other apps, you want posts to start being removed from ongoing chats after say 24hrs, or 1 week without user input.
    06-18-19 12:58 PM

Messages need to be deleted without user input. This is critical if the device falls into another person's hands.

BBMe (full) has this feature. To me, it's the only significant missing piece of the security puzzle.
    The retract all is suited in a more controlled way since its accessible on MPOP which neither of the competition has. As a user I can control when my messages are to be retract deleted or expired on any device not just 1.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-18-19 12:59 PM
    For everyone of our BBMe users, BlackBerry has just rolled out the update to the BBMe application.
    You should see Android and Desktop being available with iOS availability subject to accustomed Apple approval.

For the full list of features, please head to https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...c1532607724961

Here is the run-down:

All:

Favorite messages
    Forward additional messages types
    Manually verify keys with a contact
    Exchange keys using a passphrase (regardless of the enabled passphrase exchange mode)

Android specific (addition to the above):
    Record and send videos in a chat

iOS specific (addition to the above):
    Zoom into screen share

Desktop specific (addition to the above):

Pin conversations to top of chat list
    Refer to specific group chat participants using @ mentions
    Send and receive timed messages
    Mute group chat
    Allow only group chat administrators to edit chat subject
    Glad to see feedback taken especially on making manual authenticated dh exchange. I also noticed anytime Keys are exchanged there is a feed item. This is good thanks
    06-18-19 01:01 PM
56 123