Yes agree. Like I said regardless of the success or not of BBMe some will just continue criticize / oppose any most minimal sign of optimism. So it's expected that every positive will constantly be met with a negative and or ridicule. Unfortunate seeing this here.
    When the poster gives a 10/10 but says there’s plenty of room for improvement, that does come across very jocular and worth a good laugh.

Especially when , it’s all their own doing. Nobody is truly again sorry BBMe, however it’s viability has nothing to do with usability.
    01-13-20 03:31 PM
    When the poster gives a 10/10 but says there’s plenty of room for improvement, that does come across very jocular and worth a good laugh.

Especially when , it’s all their own doing. Nobody is truly again sorry BBMe, however it’s viability has nothing to do with usability.
    Ok, for me its 10/10 because I really do not need anything to be improved. If it stays like this, I am perfectly happy with it.
    For sure for others it's not perfect. And yes, it can and will be improved.
    For example group avatar photos of our choice would be small nice improvement...
    01-13-20 03:34 PM
    For many of us it is 10/10.
    You can be negaitve about it all yo want, but as you see, more and more people realize truth, and truth is that bbme is very good product.
    For sure better than unsecure 3rd party apps like Viber where you MUST give your most sensitive private info like phone number / carrier name / home adress...just to register...
    Thank God BBMe exists!

More and more? At one time the BBM user count was over 100 Million...

If BBMe works for you and those you want to stay in contact with... that's great.

But trying to use BBMe download data as a guide to it being successful (since 2016 when the app was release) or not... is inaccurate. And it's pretty clear from the reviews that many of those more recent downloads, turn into uninstalls soon after.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-13-20 03:42 PM
    For many of us it is 10/10.
    You can be negaitve about it all yo want, but as you see, more and more people realize truth, and truth is that bbme is very good product.
    For sure better than unsecure 3rd party apps like Viber where you MUST give your most sensitive private info like phone number / carrier name / home adress...just to register...
    Thank God BBMe exists!
    Yep... I agree. I'm a long time BBM/BBMe user and I am very pleased with it's performance. I use other messaging apps but I honestly prefer BBMe. I don't have the number of contacts as I once did but those of us using BBMe are very satisfied.

Regarding the negativity I've seen posted here in this thread regarding BBMe, just like in many other threads here on CrackBerry, I always consider the source.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 01-13-20 at 04:42 PM.
    01-13-20 03:59 PM
    Yep... I agree. I'm a long time BBM/BBMe user and I very pleased with its performance. I use other messaging apps but I honestly prefer BBMe. I don't have the number of contacts as I once did but those of us using BBMe are very satisfied.

Regarding the negativity I've seen posted here in this thread regarding BBMe, just like in many other threads here on CrackBerry, I always consider the source.

Bob
    +1
    We are more and more!
    Truth always find its way!
    #BBMe Best msng app!
    01-13-20 04:01 PM
    +1
    We are more and more!
    Truth always find its way!
    #BBMe Best msng app!
    Lol
    Please keep posting in Crackberry. I do enjoy reading your posts 😂.
    Thanks...
    01-13-20 04:55 PM
    Lol
    Thanks...
    Sure, no problem 😂😂😂
    It's so funny, you don't even realize that 'game' is on you 😂😂😂
    01-13-20 04:59 PM
    Lol
    Thanks...
    Could you give your BBMe Pin please?
    01-13-20 05:00 PM
    EF033DE3
    01-13-20 05:05 PM
    Could you give your BBMe Pin please?
    Here’s my pin EF056135 too since I’m sure the more connected the better...
    01-13-20 09:07 PM
    01-13-20 09:18 PM
    EF033DE3
    EF01DE45
    01-14-20 07:18 AM
    There is a new BBMe Update available in Google Playstore with excellent new features and improvements !
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-14-20 11:02 AM
    There is a new BBMe Update available in Google Playstore with excellent new features and improvements !
    Same for the App Store on iOS
    01-14-20 05:12 PM
    I have a pretty good guess (90% confidence) why, just from observing BBMe on my phone through a proxy, but I need to see their source code to be sure. I made similar fixes for Twitter eons ago in their first iPhone app. Things are different on iOS.

If I’m right about the mistakes they made, then they are also wasting a lot of the users battery.
    Maybe you could reach out to BBL and offer some insight? Kind of like a bug bounty program where you might get a small reward? I do more of BI/ERP data reporting where I've seen the results (err disaster) from poor report/SPROC designs where the developer did not understand how the data and/or hardware functions.

Nothing worse than apps that drain batteries faster than necessary. Bad for the user and the environment as it drives the device to premature obsolescence.

I would like to use the ios app, but I need to upgrade my ipad (only have ios 9 due to 32 bit hardware). Sure would be nice to use to chat with my parents. I'd pay for their service. I might buy an updated iPad just so I could use BBMe.

I just wish they brought the Hub+ to ios. It's the only reason my wife and I stick with our BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-14-20 07:45 PM
    I might buy an updated iPad just so I could use BBMe.

I just wish they brought the Hub+ to ios. It's the only reason my wife and I stick with our BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    You can chat with BBMe contacts just fine with BB10.
    01-14-20 08:12 PM
    Maybe you could reach out to BBL and offer some insight?
    I could if they would show me the app. So could many good iOS devs. A long time ago I taught classes on iOS development. Anyone who passed such a class could tell them how to do this better I think. But maybe there is some limitation on the service side over there that forces them into a bad pattern. I don't know. I just know that it doesn't feel right at all, even after today's update.

Nothing worse than apps that drain batteries faster than necessary. Bad for the user and the environment as it drives the device to premature obsolescence.
    Apple provides them with tools to benchmark and profile energy usage. I hope they are using it.
    01-14-20 08:50 PM
    EF01DE45
    Here is mine

EF0364DD

How convenient we don't have to exchange private phone numbers like on other messaging apps...
    01-15-20 01:50 AM
    Here is mine

EF0364DD

How convenient we don't have to exchange private phone numbers like on other messaging apps...
    Yes! Much more secure.
    On whatsApp Telegram and such, you must give your phone number to register - which means- carrier name, home adress, full name.
    Price of giving that is 100times higher than 4€ per year for BBMe.
    So those apps are NOT free.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-15-20 02:00 AM
    Yes! Much more secure.
    On whatsApp Telegram and such, you must give your phone number to register - which means- carrier name, home adress, full name.
    Price of giving that is 100times higher than 4€ per year for BBMe.
    So those apps are NOT free.
    All you give is your phone number, perhaps sharing of your contact list if you allow for it.

They do not get your name (unless you provide it in your profile settings). They certainly don't get your home address (unless your phone company breaks privacy laws and provides your address to a third party without your permission)
    01-15-20 06:27 AM
    All you give is your phone number, perhaps sharing of your contact list if you allow for it.

They do not get your name (unless you provide it in your profile settings). They certainly don't get your home address (unless your phone company breaks privacy laws and provides your address to a third party without your permission)
    I am aware of that. It is correct. But still, having your phone number makes it much easier for anyone to get your other private data...
    01-15-20 06:39 AM
    I am aware of that. It is correct. But still, having your phone number makes it much easier for anyone to get your other private data...
    Don’t your friends in your contact list already have your basic information regarding where you live?
    01-15-20 06:45 AM
    Don’t your friends in your contact list already have your basic information regarding where you live?
    They do. But I don't want all of them to have all that info....
    01-15-20 07:00 AM
    They do. But I don't want all of them to have all that info....
    Your reply is a bit contradictory or vague. Which “all” or what “all” do you mean? If the people know who you actually really are, BBMe isn’t going to keep them from other means and sources of finding you out.
    01-15-20 07:08 AM
    Your reply is a bit contradictory or vague. Which “all” or what “all” do you mean? If the people know who you actually really are, BBMe isn’t going to keep them from other means and sources of finding you out.
    Its very simple. If you were my contact, I wouldn't like you to have my personal info.
    For majority of my contacts, I am ok with them knowing where I live etc because most of them I do know in person.
    You I don't know.
    01-15-20 07:10 AM
132 ... 23456