Its very simple. If you were my contact, I wouldn't like you to have my personal info.
    For majority of my contacts, I am ok with them knowing where I live etc because most of them I do know in person.
    You I don't know.
    But that’s been my point. The only people I have in BBMe are the people from CrackBerry that support BlackBerry and have friended me from here.

I’m fairly certain that’s a large chunk of people that have initially signed up in trial period. Nobody that contacts me or encounters me in real life needs BBMe initially because I have a phone number. Employers and fellow employees of the average person, initially share a phone number. In public, someone meets you, phone number exchange.

The decline of BBM was because of the difficulties messaging people compared to easier solutions like texting or WhatsApp for instance.

Messengers like within Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook don’t require sharing phone numbers with other users if not using all features and convenience.

Now that BBMe isn’t free, what becomes the selling point to keep people from leaving? The anonymous PIN benefit wasn’t successful when BBM was free
    John Albert likes this.
    01-15-20 07:25 AM
    But that’s been my point. The only people I have in BBMe are the people from CrackBerry that support BlackBerry and have friended me from here.

I’m fairly certain that’s a large chunk of people that have initially signed up in trial period. Nobody that contacts me or encounters me in real life needs BBMe initially because I have a phone number. Employers and fellow employees of the average person, initially share a phone number. In public, someone meets you, phone number exchange.

The decline of BBM was because of the difficulties messaging people compared to easier solutions like texting or WhatsApp for instance.

Messengers like within Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook don’t require sharing phone numbers with other users if not using all features and convenience.

Now that BBMe isn’t free, what becomes the selling point to keep people from leaving? The anonymous PIN benefit wasn’t successful when BBM was free
    Quality I guess. Some of unique features...
    Do we have any way to findout how many people stayed on BBMe when it starts to charge subscription?
    I sincerely believe it will be over 90%, I mean, c'mon....its price of 1 orange juice or starbucks cofee...
    01-15-20 07:48 AM
    They do. But I don't want all of them to have all that info....
    Well, if your friend has WhatsApp installed, and they have your home address saved in their contact list, then Facebook already has your info. So how does it make you more secure if YOU don't use WhatsApp?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-15-20 08:16 AM
    Well, if your friend has WhatsApp installed, and they have your home address saved in their contact list, then Facebook already has your info. So how does it make you more secure if YOU don't use WhatsApp?
    It makes me more secure because I cannot influence what my friend puts in his adress book.
    But I can chose not to use 3rd party add based garbage apps like Viber etc..., and instead use BBMe.
    01-15-20 08:18 AM
    Here is mine

EF0364DD

How convenient we don't have to exchange private phone numbers like on other messaging apps...
    You don't have to exchange numbers with other messaging apps either. Just use an invite link. You can also hide your number from other users.
    01-15-20 08:24 AM
    Do we have any way to findout how many people stayed on BBMe when it starts to charge subscription?
    I sincerely believe it will be over 90%, I mean, c'mon....its price of 1 orange juice or starbucks cofee...
    We have no way of really knowing anything. The download number for all companies doesn’t tell you how many people uninstall after download. The conversion number or stickiness only refers to people that actually sign up for the service, in the case of BBMe, with a CC# on file. That could be impacted positively or negatively on variety of factors that have nothing to do with BBMe as product.

Everyone hears anything I say as negative and that has me laughing. I’m a BB supporter here far more than anyone. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on somewhere around 25+ BlackBerry devices and I’ve never sold a single device. I’m a BBMe subscriber from the beginning.

The questions that I’m asking for need good answers. When you tell me good answers that OLD BBM fans really care about, people will subscribe.

Viewing me as the enemy doesn’t help you. I’m signed up. It’s all the people that aren’t signed up, that have the same questions that need better answers, who you need to convince.

I don’t have those answers. That’s why I ask the questions. Every time someone here responds with defensive replies or attacks those like me, you’re pushing away the very consumers you need. Those users weren’t convinced when free, and now it’s charged for.

The security option keeps failing on BlackBerry for everything. What other reasons do people choose other messengers for over BBMe that are from misperceptions?
    John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    01-15-20 08:59 AM
    We have no way of really knowing anything. The download number for all companies doesn’t tell you how many people uninstall after download. The conversion number or stickiness only refers to people that actually sign up for the service, in the case of BBMe, with a CC# on file. That could be impacted positively or negatively on variety of factors that have nothing to do with BBMe as product.

Everyone hears anything I say as negative and that has me laughing. I’m a BB supporter here far more than anyone. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on somewhere around 25+ BlackBerry devices and I’ve never sold a single device. I’m a BBMe subscriber from the beginning.

The questions that I’m asking for need good answers. When you tell me good answers that OLD BBM fans really care about, people will subscribe.

Viewing me as the enemy doesn’t help you. I’m signed up. It’s all the people that aren’t signed up, that have the same questions that need better answers, who you need to convince.

I don’t have those answers. That’s why I ask the questions. Every time someone here responds with defensive replies or attacks those like me, you’re pushing away the very consumers you need. Those users weren’t convinced when free, and now it’s charged for.

The security option keeps failing on BlackBerry for everything. What other reasons do people choose other messengers for over BBMe that are from misperceptions?
    Thanks for answer Chuck.
    I also consider myself big supporter or Blackberry and BBMe.
    I use BB devices for 11 years and I think like 40 devices went through my hands.
    I even bought 10 Passport Red Edition smartphones and gifted 8 of them to close friends!
    I am glad to hear this from you, didn't know that you really are this much into Blackberry!
    01-15-20 09:03 AM
    Thanks for answer Chuck.
    I also consider myself big supporter or Blackberry and BBMe.
    I use BB devices for 11 years and I think like 40 devices went through my hands.
    I even bought 10 Passport Red Edition smartphones and gifted 8 of them to close friends!
    I am glad to hear this from you, didn't know that you really are this much into Blackberry!
    I am the same. I've used a BlackBerry as primary device since 2008, and have owned countless BlackBerry devices. I've spent 10 years on Crackberry helping users on all BlackBerry platforms. I have the full ($$) BBMe service on all of my devices.

I just object to misinformation, whether it be unfairly positive or unfairly negative - whatever the topic.
    pdr733, John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    01-15-20 09:21 AM
    I am the same. I've used a BlackBerry as primary device since 2008, and have owned countless BlackBerry devices. I've spent 10 years on Crackberry helping users on all BlackBerry platforms. I have the full ($$) BBMe service on all of my devices.

I just object to misinformation, whether it be unfairly positive or unfairly negative - whatever the topic.
    Glad to hear you are also BB addict like us
    )))
    01-15-20 09:26 AM
    For those that have a family group, work group - it's a cup of coffee times how many users your paying for... A family of six? Company with 50 users?

Bottom line... as with all things BlackBerry, use it as long as it meets your needs. It really doesn't matter much if others don't see the value that you see. Other than the fact that at some point the userbase may not support things as they are. I
    01-15-20 10:16 AM
    Not really. I’ll takes devil position when I can see that another member has a point that seems valid but not expressed well. Ultimately, I’m just a realist about what BlackBerry truly is and has been.

When I got first mobile phone in 1990, Nokia something, mobile phone was truly status. People were actually fastening antennas on their car windows and fake plastic hardware for image. Actual real adults in 20s-30s who looked ridiculous.

Ten years later and the Nextel chirps and different WAP hardware or Palms and BlackBerry email and PDAs were status. Then came the phones. BlackBerry was a great era but for many it was a device that made them look and feel important.

Now, a smartphone is something my kids have carried since 4th grade or so. What’s really amazing is the lengths many go to rationalize something and it’s supposed caused failures. I’ve read so many posts of angst or even anxiety regarding the various BB hardware and software. I’m amazed that civilization is still functioning with the ridiculous comments about security and privacy.

The nice thing is that I’ve toned down since Carjackd and I became friends here. I’ll never be Carjackd, never even close, but I can only imagine his biting sarcasm and replies today. RIP my friend...
    Carjackd had a slogan: "Loyalty is everything."
    01-16-20 07:38 PM
    Well I do have BBMe
    01-16-20 07:46 PM
    Well I do have BBMe
    I did but deleted it. No one wants to use it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-16-20 08:05 PM
    I did but deleted it. No one wants to use it.
    That’s been my problem. My entire contact list is CB Forum members.
    01-16-20 08:12 PM
    Exactly! And that positive attitude he always had.
    anon(10387168) and Sigewif like this.
    01-16-20 11:13 PM
    Agreed! I don't understand the stance of some members here with discounting BBM and BBME out of hand and at every opportunity! It is a great platform! It is our platform! We should openly promote it! We should support it! When folks come here, they are looking for answers and opinions, we should provide that on a BlackBerry Enthusiast forum! Not talking about Fanboyism or Shilling, but heck, support the team with what is good! I am not talking about trying to sell overpriced and near EOL Key devices, which is ludicrous! But we should be supporting what is ethical and BlackBerry which is a good thing!

Posted via my Passport
    01-19-20 04:46 PM
    Agreed! I don't understand the stance of some members here with discounting BBM and BBME out of hand and at every opportunity! It is a great platform! It is our platform! We should openly promote it! We should support it! When folks come here, they are looking for answers and opinions, we should provide that on a BlackBerry Enthusiast forum! Not talking about Fanboyism or Shilling, but heck, support the team with what is good! I am not talking about trying to sell overpriced and near EOL Key devices, which is ludicrous! But we should be supporting what is ethical and BlackBerry which is a good thing!

Posted via my Passport
    Not so great on iOS right now. The update has broken connectivity and notifications if app isn’t kept open
    01-19-20 05:35 PM

Posted via my Passport
    People don't come to Crackberry to decide what messenger to use. They use what everyone else uses for the most part.

Are you implying that selling the KEY² at full price, when people are apparently willing to pay it, is somehow unethical? Are you suggesting they reduce the price to increase their losses?

The alleged negativity is simply fact-based responses to outrageously incorrect information. If you want to talk ethical - you should focus on that. BBMe can be promoted without fabricating data.
    01-19-20 08:43 PM
    People don't come to Crackberry to decide what messenger to use. They use what everyone else uses for the most part.

Are you implying that selling the KEY² at full price, when people are apparently willing to pay it, is somehow unethical? Are you suggesting they reduce the price to increase their losses?

The alleged negativity is simply fact-based answers to outrageously incorrect information. If you want to talk ethical - you should focus on that.
    Yes! Unethical! And unbelievable! As for the negativity, I'll leave that to you!
    01-19-20 08:47 PM
    Yes! Unethical! And unbelievable! As for the negativity, I'll leave that to you!
    I’m now confused about what’s unethical from a business perspective? Are you saying it’s unethical to sell a Key2 device for a price the consumer agrees to pay but it’s ethical to charge for BBMe which doesn’t have everything that all free messenger services offer?
    app_Developer and Mecca EL like this.
    01-19-20 09:36 PM
    Did you even read the post I had responded to? It's borderline delusional.

But re-read this thread, I said nothing negative prior.

Keep in mind I have BBMe too, and actually pay for the real thing, despite the fact I only have 5 contacts.
    I'm willing to pay for BBMe once the free trial is up and I only have two contacts!

I do like BBMe but every single one of my BBM contacts have fled for WhatsApp where admittedly, the features over there are more fun and fluffy.
    01-19-20 11:18 PM
    I'm willing to pay for BBMe once the free trial is up and I only have two contacts!

I do like BBMe but every single one of my BBM contacts have fled for WhatsApp where admittedly, the features over there are more fun and fluffy.
    Ultimately that’s been my point. I’m forced to use the WhatsApp for instance because that’s what family overseas is using. It’s also what certain groups are using here for school and sports activities for my kids. Actually, WhatsApp is the compromise, since originally people wanted Facebook Messenger, but not all parents use Facebook on all their devices from job perspective. WhatsApp became the compromise.
    01-20-20 04:53 AM

It takes some effort to convince your contacts to switch to BBMe. But once they do it, they will realize how much it is better than other apps, plus it is VERY cheap in comparison to its quality.
    Other apps like Viber and Whats are 'free' but actually VERY expencive, since you pay with your private data, starting with your own phone number etc....
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-27-20 03:26 PM
    It takes some effort to convince your contacts to switch to BBMe. But once they do it, they will realize how much it is better than other apps, plus it is VERY cheap in comparison to its quality.
    Other apps like Viber and Whats are 'free' but actually VERY expencive, since you pay with your private data, starting with your own phone number etc....
    Maybe for you. Mine found it a terrible experience.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-27-20 04:31 PM
    BBMe on iOS still broken. This is one reason why users from other platforms refuse to migrate. This has followed BBM from BlackBerry at Android/iOS cross platform introduction to Emtek and now BBMe and BlackBerry again.

Main issue for many is why pay for this privilege? It wasn’t acceptable when free.
    01-27-20 06:30 PM
132 ... 3456